Goldman Sachs

Average Difficulty
33 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2014.

Interview Details – Had my resume on file and called me in for an interview. Had two 30 minute interviews where typical behavioral questions were asked as well as some questions specifically about finance. I sent in follow up thank yous to each interviewer. It has been 4 months since the interview and Goldman has not given me any response. It would be nice if they would at least say they decided not to hire.

Interview Question – Do you know what a hedge fund is?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – Applied through school career site. First phone interview, then in person, then they bring you back for a final round before negotiations. Process took about a month. Did not receive an offer from the copmany.

Interview Question – Basic fit and valuation questions. Walk me through an Income Statement.   Answer Question

Miami, FL

I applied online and interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – I applied through the website, got a phone interview and then went to Miami for the main interview.

Interview Question – How does something on your resume translate to PWM   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2013.

Interview Details – I met with a total of four people in groups of two. They asked several questions about Goldman Sachs and my understanding of how the bank worked and of its divisions. I have a history in the restaurant industry and am working on my MBA.

Interview Question – They asked several questions about my studies and if I could share with them specific topics I had covered in my Financial Analysis course.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process takes months during which you will meet anywhere between 10-25 people. Your knowledge and preparedness will be tested by everyone, so make sure you start preparing months in advance. Your overall university performance should be solid from every angle.

Interview Question – To solve mathematical problems on the spot   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

New York, NY

Interview Details – Telephone interview and one on one interview. Very smoth and quick

Interview Question – why goldman?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in June 2010.

Interview Details – I began interviewing in late June and after 18 different interviewers and two months I got the job. They want to know everything about you and how well you can work with others. The background check was also intensive.

Interview Question – What is happening in the industry right now and how is it impacting Goldman or other financials.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Goldman does not negotiate salary.

Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – got called in for an interview, 2 30 min rounds

Interview Question – ethics   Answer Question

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2011.

Interview Details – I applied to campus recruiting for Goldman Sachs and I was scheduled for the campus interview. Therefore, the interview place was the student service building in my university campus. There was a pre-night for interviewees and I had chances to listen about what Goldman Sachs is expecting from candidates, we were divided into few groups and had Q&A time. I could not meet our interviewer at the meeting but I still can meet people who are currently work for them. I was informed that the first interview will be almost about behavior questions. When I went to the interview, I did two 30 mins interviews with 2 people for each one. First one was with 2 managers, and the other one was with 2 basic employees. I heard there will be 2~3 more interviews after the first one.

Interview Question – What would you do if you are in an ethical dilemma situation at work?   Answer Question

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interviewer was from NY, and she was very short with me during the interview process. The first question she asked was, what research have you done on the job position? I had read over the job description, and looked into Goldman Sachs as a company and at the Salt Lake location, but I couldn't give her specifics as to what I would be doing. She became very abrupt with me after that, asked a few general questions and didn't really let me know specifically what they needed out of candidates for the position. Later I found out that the position is more of an accounting role helping prepare financial statements for quarterly reports. It was an unpleasant interview to say the least.

Interview Question – What have you done in recent years to show leadership experience?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Goldman Sachs

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!

Goldman Sachs Videos

Goldman Sachs – Why Work for Us?

We bring together people, capital and ideas to produce solutions and results for our clients by playing a number of roles: financial advisor, lender, investor and asset manager. A commitment to integrity, team work and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Goldman Sachs Financial Analyst interview questions and advice. All 33 interview reviews posted anonymously by Goldman Sachs employees and interview candidates.