Goldman Sachs

3.5

36 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

applied through university hiring website and got an interview invitation after 2 weeks. Two rounds in total. The first one is 1:1 interview, you will talk with a manager from that department, the second round would be an on site interview. I waited for almost 3 weeks for the next round interview notification. People are really nice and smart.

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Applied through school career site. First phone interview, then in person, then they bring you back for a final round before negotiations. Process took about a month. Did not receive an offer from the copmany.

Interview Questions
    • Basic fit and valuation questions. Walk me through an Income Statement.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2014.

Had my resume on file and called me in for an interview. Had two 30 minute interviews where typical behavioral questions were asked as well as some questions specifically about finance. I sent in follow up thank yous to each interviewer. It has been 4 months since the interview and Goldman has not given me any response. It would be nice if they would at least say they decided not to hire.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I applied through the website, got a phone interview and then went to Miami for the main interview.

Financial Analyst Interview

interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2013.

Was two 30 minute interviews, almost completely behavioral and to make sure you have an interest in financial markets. Was macro level discussion on current world issues, and a discussion of the yield curve and situational questions on how it would shift based on occurrence.

Interview Questions
    • Stock pitch or investment idea. Wasn't very structured, just to gauge your understanding of valuation variables and how they can be interpreted.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2013.

I met with a total of four people in groups of two. They asked several questions about Goldman Sachs and my understanding of how the bank worked and of its divisions. I have a history in the restaurant industry and am working on my MBA.

Interview Questions
    • They asked several questions about my studies and if I could share with them specific topics I had covered in my Financial Analysis course.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Telephone interview and one on one interview. Very smoth and quick

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

got called in for an interview, 2 30 min rounds

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2012.

The interviewer was from NY, and she was very short with me during the interview process. The first question she asked was, what research have you done on the job position? I had read over the job description, and looked into Goldman Sachs as a company and at the Salt Lake location, but I couldn't give her specifics as to what I would be doing. She became very abrupt with me after that, asked a few general questions and didn't really let me know specifically what they needed out of candidates for the position. Later I found out that the position is more of an accounting role helping prepare financial statements for quarterly reports. It was an unpleasant interview to say the least.

Interview Questions
    • What have you done in recent years to show leadership experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2011.

I applied to campus recruiting for Goldman Sachs and I was scheduled for the campus interview. Therefore, the interview place was the student service building in my university campus. There was a pre-night for interviewees and I had chances to listen about what Goldman Sachs is expecting from candidates, we were divided into few groups and had Q&A time. I could not meet our interviewer at the meeting but I still can meet people who are currently work for them. I was informed that the first interview will be almost about behavior questions. When I went to the interview, I did two 30 mins interviews with 2 people for each one. First one was with 2 managers, and the other one was with 2 basic employees. I heard there will be 2~3 more interviews after the first one.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you are in an ethical dilemma situation at work?   Answer Question