Goldman Sachs

Updated Dec 3, 2014

3.5

36 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in July 2009.

I applied through a career fair that took place in school. Two phone interviews took place and some questions about financial news were asked. After the second phone interview, I was arranged to have an 1:1 interview in their building. The interview began with something like a background check (e.g., grades, experience, whether you watch news or not). then right after they asked me why should we hire you? My advice is not to panic, i think they want to see how you can handle novel and stressful situations. it was hard...

Interview Questions
  • If you were to turn into a mouse and trap in a water bottle, how would you escape?   View Answers (2)

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2009.

It was ridiculous. The people were arrogant, and I sincerely felt demotivated at every point in the process. This is for chumps.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2009.

Hardest interview I've ever had. They asked EVERYTHING on my resume (fare game so it's ok). Technical questions were about the market (all of us were engineers and they said they understood we weren't very familiar with the concepts), about portfolios, options, shares, hedge funds, risk, other questions were about stats and probability (what's a normal distribution, what's the meaning of std dev, etc). I also got asked who was the current US Treasurer, the current and past CEOs of GS. I got a brain teaser and he specifically asked to think it out loud!

Interview Questions
    • Who's the current US Treasurer   View Answer
    • What is the 'beta' in a regression model equation?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in June 2010.

I began interviewing in late June and after 18 different interviewers and two months I got the job. They want to know everything about you and how well you can work with others. The background check was also intensive.

Interview Questions
    • What is happening in the industry right now and how is it impacting Goldman or other financials.   Answer Question
    Goldman does not negotiate salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2013.

I met with a total of four people in groups of two. They asked several questions about Goldman Sachs and my understanding of how the bank worked and of its divisions. I have a history in the restaurant industry and am working on my MBA.

Interview Questions
    • They asked several questions about my studies and if I could share with them specific topics I had covered in my Financial Analysis course.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2009.

The interview process takes months during which you will meet anywhere between 10-25 people. Your knowledge and preparedness will be tested by everyone, so make sure you start preparing months in advance. Your overall university performance should be solid from every angle.

No negotiation

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in July 2010.

First interview was informal with questions centering around prior experience and educational background

Team interviews consisted of questions like: Why Goldman Sachs; Why Asset Management; If I gave you 1 million dollars how would you invest it; Within the team what group most interests you and why, etc etc

More technical questions centered around knowledge pertaining to the CFA. Such as; What is Duration, What is Convexity; If I was a plumber how would you describe convexity to me; Price this bond, etc etc

Additionally, the team also threw out brain teasers

Interview Questions
    • Do you expect the U.S. to go into a double dip recession?   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2013.

first aptitude test which was for 1.5 hrs including mathematical questions,verbal abilityand reasoning. questions are easy. then hr interview and if selected a number of interviews after dat

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

applied through university hiring website and got an interview invitation after 2 weeks. Two rounds in total. The first one is 1:1 interview, you will talk with a manager from that department, the second round would be an on site interview. I waited for almost 3 weeks for the next round interview notification. People are really nice and smart.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in April 2011.

okay