Goldman Sachs Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015

3.5

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2013.

Interview

Very long--met with over eight people all in groups of two each. They asked similar questions and apparently had to all be unanimous in order to get hired. They were nice, and it was a good team.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of something that went wrong with a project. How did you react?   Answer Question

Pay was very low compared to other jobs, and expected workweek was 60-70 hours. With those dynamics, I'd be making 50% less than other jobs in the area.

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2013.

Interview

Was two 30 minute interviews, almost completely behavioral and to make sure you have an interest in financial markets. Was macro level discussion on current world issues, and a discussion of the yield curve and situational questions on how it would shift based on occurrence.

Interview Questions

• Stock pitch or investment idea. Wasn't very structured, just to gauge your understanding of valuation variables and how they can be interpreted.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

applied through university hiring website and got an interview invitation after 2 weeks. Two rounds in total. The first one is 1:1 interview, you will talk with a manager from that department, the second round would be an on site interview. I waited for almost 3 weeks for the next round interview notification. People are really nice and smart.

Interview Questions

• Why GS, Why this department?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

3 rounds of telephonic interview-2 rounds technical , 1 with VP -mostly about why GS etc. next 5 rounds personal interview. 2 panel rounds technical and situtaional based, 2 with managers and final with VP.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2014.

Interview

Had my resume on file and called me in for an interview. Had two 30 minute interviews where typical behavioral questions were asked as well as some questions specifically about finance. I sent in follow up thank yous to each interviewer. It has been 4 months since the interview and Goldman has not given me any response. It would be nice if they would at least say they decided not to hire.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied through school career site. First phone interview, then in person, then they bring you back for a final round before negotiations. Process took about a month. Did not receive an offer from the copmany.

Interview Questions

• Basic fit and valuation questions. Walk me through an Income Statement.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bangalore (India)) in December 2013.

Interview

This was a campus placement interview process, so they conducted a test among all the students who applied for the interviews. The test had 3 sections, Probability & Discrete maths, Algorithms analysis & core CS concepts like OS, database etc. There were subjective and objective questions in each of the sections. After the selection via the test, the interview process also included asking mathematical and algorithm puzzles etc.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question asked to me was the 8-Queens puzzle, which I encountered for the first time in the interview.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bangalore (India)) in September 2013.

Interview

first aptitude test which was for 1.5 hrs including mathematical questions,verbal abilityand reasoning. questions are easy. then hr interview and if selected a number of interviews after dat

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bangalore (India)) in September 2013.

Interview

GS took around 10 rounds including telephonic, F2F and Video call, Its around 4 and half months from the date 1st interview happen and still no offer letter and confirmation. from last 3 months saying all is set only final round is pending but no confirmation.

Interview Questions

• No tough questions asked at all.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Miami, FL).

Interview

I applied through the website, got a phone interview and then went to Miami for the main interview.