Goldman Sachs

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2011.

Interview Details – I got a phone interview with three associates—was very relaxed, very nice and was general question about the market—what is going on (negative positive trends), what are you investing in (sectors or specific stocks), what are three “themes” going on in the market right now (inflation, sovereign debt, etc) and general fit questions (what are you passionate about, tell me about school what are you involved in)
Second round and final was 1X1 with MD’s and associated again—more technical—what have the different indices (Europe, Asia, and N. America) done YTD, yesterday, what are interest rates at, what are FX spots at, what are the three major components of options, pitch me a stock and some brain teasers.
Overall awesome company, awesome people—tried to make you feel comfortable even when they grill you—and great place if you want to start your career getting a broad asset class exposure.

Interview Questions

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in July 2010.

Interview Details – First interview was informal with questions centering around prior experience and educational background

Team interviews consisted of questions like: Why Goldman Sachs; Why Asset Management; If I gave you 1 million dollars how would you invest it; Within the team what group most interests you and why, etc etc

More technical questions centered around knowledge pertaining to the CFA. Such as; What is Duration, What is Convexity; If I was a plumber how would you describe convexity to me; Price this bond, etc etc

Additionally, the team also threw out brain teasers

Interview Question – Do you expect the U.S. to go into a double dip recession?   View Answer

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!