Goldman Sachs

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

3.3

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

The day consisted of four separate interviews, with two people in each interview. Each interview was about 30 minutes long, and the interviews were back-to-back (just over two hours straight). About 5 minutes of questions were allowed at the end of each interview. Interviewers were polite but guarded -- it was not readily apparent if answers were correct or acceptable.

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2015.

After submitting an application, I scheduled a phone interview that lasted approximately 50 minutes. I was later invited to a superday round of interviews in Jersey City. After completing five interviews with two GS divisions, I received periodic updates until the final day of consideration, when my application was cut.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through your resume / Tell me how you worked well in that situation where people did not know you / Why are we here / Given the companies massive reserves of capital, why did Apple just sell more bonds / What role do you play on a team   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Accelerated process. Initial interview was 30 minutes over the phone. Superday took place in their Jersey City Office and consisted of 2 30 minute interviews (1:1 and 2:1). Pretty much all behavioral / fit questions. Highly recommend reaching out to employees before the interview process.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I applied through the career centre in my College.Two interviews by two different people, one being analytical and the other technical.The interviewers were very friendly and energetic.It was a smooth process,hassle free.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2014.

Should be on site interview but changed to phone interview one day before the interview. Sharp people from strategy team ask few questions about background and tech interview. Really tough since I do not prepare enough for that. So I have to say this team if really for smart guys. Heard only one guy from Princeton got the offer last year.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2014.

The super day consisted of approximately 3 rounds and 13 interviews. Traveling to and from the New Jersey office was a bit rough for round one, however GS provided transportation from the Jersey office to the New York office for round 2.

Interview Questions
    • Which asset class can be used to hedge inflation? Real estate or commodities?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

The employees who do the interviews were extremely nice. They want you to perform well. I had interviews for three different divisions on the same day: IMD, Credit Risk, and Operations. The Credit Risk interview was the most technical, they asked for knowledge of the markets, knowledge of debt covenants, financial ratios, BS, IS, CFS, etc.

Interview Questions
    • How would you rank in importance risk management, customer satisfaction, and efficiency?
      What challenges do you think GS faces in the future?

Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

Interview went well...the hire's were friendly...i have applied through college....they called for the first round...first they have some HR questions like what kind of complex problem u have faced and how have you solved it...what do u do if u have any confidential situation..etc..after they gave me a problem to check my problem solving skill...that's it..it will be good if we prepare the basic questions before attending the interview..they have called me for the second round.

Intern Interview

Two (2) different phone interviews with two (2) interviewers on each call, so four (4) total. Basic introductory interview. Run through the resume and a few personal questions (leading style, why I want GS, etc.).

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which ethics came in to play, and how you reacted.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

First round was on campus (target school). Second round was in the actual office. The interview was not as technical as I thought it would be, though it should have been more technical. The actual job required you to have a solid understanding of accounting and finance prior to internship.