Goldman Sachs

Updated Dec 8, 2014

3.4

56 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Accelerated process. Initial interview was 30 minutes over the phone. Superday took place in their Jersey City Office and consisted of 2 30 minute interviews (1:1 and 2:1). Pretty much all behavioral / fit questions. Highly recommend reaching out to employees before the interview process.

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I applied through the career centre in my College.Two interviews by two different people, one being analytical and the other technical.The interviewers were very friendly and energetic.It was a smooth process,hassle free.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

The employees who do the interviews were extremely nice. They want you to perform well. I had interviews for three different divisions on the same day: IMD, Credit Risk, and Operations. The Credit Risk interview was the most technical, they asked for knowledge of the markets, knowledge of debt covenants, financial ratios, BS, IS, CFS, etc.

Interview Questions
    • How would you rank in importance risk management, customer satisfaction, and efficiency?
      What challenges do you think GS faces in the future?

Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

Interview went well...the hire's were friendly...i have applied through college....they called for the first round...first they have some HR questions like what kind of complex problem u have faced and how have you solved it...what do u do if u have any confidential situation..etc..after they gave me a problem to check my problem solving skill...that's it..it will be good if we prepare the basic questions before attending the interview..they have called me for the second round.

Intern Interview

Two (2) different phone interviews with two (2) interviewers on each call, so four (4) total. Basic introductory interview. Run through the resume and a few personal questions (leading style, why I want GS, etc.).

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which ethics came in to play, and how you reacted.   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

First round was on campus (target school). Second round was in the actual office. The interview was not as technical as I thought it would be, though it should have been more technical. The actual job required you to have a solid understanding of accounting and finance prior to internship.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I had my first interview on campus because I attend a target school. The interview was between me and two CFA's working in the Philadelphia office. Because I am not a business major and was only a sophomore the interview was mostly behavioral. They asked a few questions about my knowledge of the markets, but it was basically just what a few indices had finished at the previous week. The most important questions were why I wanted to work in finance and more specifically why I wanted to work in Private Wealth Management. They also asked what I thought Goldman looks for in an intern. There were also a few questions about whether or not I thought I could handle the rigors of the internship, and they asked how long I thought they worked each day.

Interview Questions
    • Probably why finance if not prepared with a sound answer.   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I spoke with a Goldman Software Engineer at a career fair. Called me the next day for an interview. Took a small technical test and a few behavioral questions. Took about an hour

Interview Questions
    • Clustered vs non clustered databases. Run time questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

There was an on-campus interview where it was behavioral for 10 minutes and then technical questions about coding for the next 40 minutes. After passing that, I was then flown out to the NYC headquarters for .5 hr of technical coding, .5 hr of mathematical and thinking questions, and .5 hr of behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • How would you find a 5-digit number, when multiplied by 4, will give you the palindrome of it?   View Answer
    Non-negotiable but easy.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I submitted an online application for a summer internship position in IBD. I had three one on one first round interviews at the New York offices. I heard back within about 2 weeks by email.