Goldman Sachs Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

3.4

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

The day consisted of four separate interviews, with two people in each interview. Each interview was about 30 minutes long, and the interviews were back-to-back (just over two hours straight). About 5 minutes of questions were allowed at the end of each interview. Interviewers were polite but guarded -- it was not readily apparent if answers were correct or acceptable.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through my school for an on campus interview. I was interviewed by 2 MDs for 30 minutes. Mostly behavioral questions about resume and choice of university/major. There were some questions about current markets in order to gage my interest in finance. There was also a couple of technical questions. I thought the interview had went well, but I received an email a couple of weeks later stating that I was not selected for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Q:What stock are you currently following in the market.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted by a representative about a month later and notified that I had been selected for a first round on campus interview. Was interviewed by two Goldman employees working in the private wealth management division. The interview lasted thirty minutes and started out with behavioral questions and got more technical towards the end. Interviewers asked some challenging technical questions on the Fed and recent price changes in certain stocks.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral. A few technical questions on recent Federal Reserve activity, what stocks I follow (including price changes, current price) and recent market events.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Accelerated process. Initial interview was 30 minutes over the phone. Superday took place in their Jersey City Office and consisted of 2 30 minute interviews (1:1 and 2:1). Pretty much all behavioral / fit questions. Highly recommend reaching out to employees before the interview process.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I applied through the career centre in my College.Two interviews by two different people, one being analytical and the other technical.The interviewers were very friendly and energetic.It was a smooth process,hassle free.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

The super day consisted of approximately 3 rounds and 13 interviews. Traveling to and from the New Jersey office was a bit rough for round one, however GS provided transportation from the Jersey office to the New York office for round 2.

Interview Questions

• Which asset class can be used to hedge inflation? Real estate or commodities?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Should be on site interview but changed to phone interview one day before the interview. Sharp people from strategy team ask few questions about background and tech interview. Really tough since I do not prepare enough for that. So I have to say this team if really for smart guys. Heard only one guy from Princeton got the offer last year.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2014.

Interview

The employees who do the interviews were extremely nice. They want you to perform well. I had interviews for three different divisions on the same day: IMD, Credit Risk, and Operations. The Credit Risk interview was the most technical, they asked for knowledge of the markets, knowledge of debt covenants, financial ratios, BS, IS, CFS, etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you rank in importance risk management, customer satisfaction, and efficiency?
      What challenges do you think GS faces in the future?

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

Interview

Interview went well...the hire's were friendly...i have applied through college....they called for the first round...first they have some HR questions like what kind of complex problem u have faced and how have you solved it...what do u do if u have any confidential situation..etc..after they gave me a problem to check my problem solving skill...that's it..it will be good if we prepare the basic questions before attending the interview..they have called me for the second round.

Intern Interview

Interview

Two (2) different phone interviews with two (2) interviewers on each call, so four (4) total. Basic introductory interview. Run through the resume and a few personal questions (leading style, why I want GS, etc.).

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which ethics came in to play, and how you reacted.   Answer Question