Goldman Sachs Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

48 interviews

3.4

48 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

First round was on campus (target school). Second round was in the actual office. The interview was not as technical as I thought it would be, though it should have been more technical. The actual job required you to have a solid understanding of accounting and finance prior to internship.

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2013.

Three rounds. First round phone screen. Second round in person with about 8 half hour interviews. Possible third round interview on phone. Occasionally would get double teamed by a panel.

Didn't like work

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2013.

Great interview. Expected it to be hard. Not going to lie and say that I enjoyed the atmosphere. However, I am told by my friends that I enjoy high-pressure situations. The interviewer was nice, and I had a good conversation with him.

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I had my first interview on campus because I attend a target school. The interview was between me and two CFA's working in the Philadelphia office. Because I am not a business major and was only a sophomore the interview was mostly behavioral. They asked a few questions about my knowledge of the markets, but it was basically just what a few indices had finished at the previous week. The most important questions were why I wanted to work in finance and more specifically why I wanted to work in Private Wealth Management. They also asked what I thought Goldman looks for in an intern. There were also a few questions about whether or not I thought I could handle the rigors of the internship, and they asked how long I thought they worked each day.

Interview Questions
    • Probably why finance if not prepared with a sound answer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I spoke with a Goldman Software Engineer at a career fair. Called me the next day for an interview. Took a small technical test and a few behavioral questions. Took about an hour

Interview Questions
    • Clustered vs non clustered databases. Run time questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

There was an on-campus interview where it was behavioral for 10 minutes and then technical questions about coding for the next 40 minutes. After passing that, I was then flown out to the NYC headquarters for .5 hr of technical coding, .5 hr of mathematical and thinking questions, and .5 hr of behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • How would you find a 5-digit number, when multiplied by 4, will give you the palindrome of it?   View Answer
    Non-negotiable but easy.

Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I submitted an online application for a summer internship position in IBD. I had three one on one first round interviews at the New York offices. I heard back within about 2 weeks by email.

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I received an email inviting me to interview with the Litigation department in New York about a week before the date. I flew out, and met directly with executives in the department, no HR people involved. There were two interviews with three people in each. It was strictly behavioral and resume-based.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewers started out talking a lot about their positions and responsibilities. The questions themselves were pretty basic, about my strengths. The interviewers also asked me to go into detail about facts on my resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2013.

Went through an interview on campus, was having a pretty terrible day and the interviewer could tell. We eventually connected on a personal level and he put me through for the "super day" interviews. Number one thing about the interview on campus was why Goldman and what makes you stand out. At super day I only had two 1:1 interviews with private wealth management department. Those interviews were fun and both interviewers were very friendly and asked some technical questions (way to long to type out) but they will find your niche and challenge you on it. They also will ask you about a programming project you've worked on, and make sure you know it in an out, they will quiz you on it. Went there on Friday, took them until Monday afternoon to call me back.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, pay was well over what I expected.

Anonymous Employee  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2012.

Had 2 info sessions and Three different interviews. Info sessions were very well structured and prepared. The first Two interviews were with 2 individuals asking you questions and the final interview was with a single individual. Very Basic Questions in the first two but the final interview was more intrusive. He would ask a question and ask a follow up question to get more detail about your response, followed by another question to get more details about the details ha ha. A lot of fun. I could imagine what it would be like for someone who lied, they would look like an idiot.

Interview Questions
    • What questions do you have for us? They will put you on the spot!   Answer Question

Better opportunity elsewhere

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!