Goldman Sachs

3.4

54 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

The employees who do the interviews were extremely nice. They want you to perform well. I had interviews for three different divisions on the same day: IMD, Credit Risk, and Operations. The Credit Risk interview was the most technical, they asked for knowledge of the markets, knowledge of debt covenants, financial ratios, BS, IS, CFS, etc.

Interview Questions
  • How would you rank in importance risk management, customer satisfaction, and efficiency?
    What challenges do you think GS faces in the future?
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

Interview went well...the hire's were friendly...i have applied through college....they called for the first round...first they have some HR questions like what kind of complex problem u have faced and how have you solved it...what do u do if u have any confidential situation..etc..after they gave me a problem to check my problem solving skill...that's it..it will be good if we prepare the basic questions before attending the interview..they have called me for the second round.

Intern Interview

Two (2) different phone interviews with two (2) interviewers on each call, so four (4) total. Basic introductory interview. Run through the resume and a few personal questions (leading style, why I want GS, etc.).

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which ethics came in to play, and how you reacted.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

First round was on campus (target school). Second round was in the actual office. The interview was not as technical as I thought it would be, though it should have been more technical. The actual job required you to have a solid understanding of accounting and finance prior to internship.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I had my first interview on campus because I attend a target school. The interview was between me and two CFA's working in the Philadelphia office. Because I am not a business major and was only a sophomore the interview was mostly behavioral. They asked a few questions about my knowledge of the markets, but it was basically just what a few indices had finished at the previous week. The most important questions were why I wanted to work in finance and more specifically why I wanted to work in Private Wealth Management. They also asked what I thought Goldman looks for in an intern. There were also a few questions about whether or not I thought I could handle the rigors of the internship, and they asked how long I thought they worked each day.

Interview Questions
    • Probably why finance if not prepared with a sound answer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I spoke with a Goldman Software Engineer at a career fair. Called me the next day for an interview. Took a small technical test and a few behavioral questions. Took about an hour

Interview Questions
    • Clustered vs non clustered databases. Run time questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

There was an on-campus interview where it was behavioral for 10 minutes and then technical questions about coding for the next 40 minutes. After passing that, I was then flown out to the NYC headquarters for .5 hr of technical coding, .5 hr of mathematical and thinking questions, and .5 hr of behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • How would you find a 5-digit number, when multiplied by 4, will give you the palindrome of it?   View Answer
    Non-negotiable but easy.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I submitted an online application for a summer internship position in IBD. I had three one on one first round interviews at the New York offices. I heard back within about 2 weeks by email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I received an email inviting me to interview with the Litigation department in New York about a week before the date. I flew out, and met directly with executives in the department, no HR people involved. There were two interviews with three people in each. It was strictly behavioral and resume-based.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewers started out talking a lot about their positions and responsibilities. The questions themselves were pretty basic, about my strengths. The interviewers also asked me to go into detail about facts on my resume.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2013.

Three rounds. First round phone screen. Second round in person with about 8 half hour interviews. Possible third round interview on phone. Occasionally would get double teamed by a panel.

Didn't like work