Goldman Sachs

Updated Aug 9, 2014

Average Difficulty
48 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – First round was on campus (target school). Second round was in the actual office. The interview was not as technical as I thought it would be, though it should have been more technical. The actual job required you to have a solid understanding of accounting and finance prior to internship.

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2013.

Interview Details – Three rounds. First round phone screen. Second round in person with about 8 half hour interviews. Possible third round interview on phone. Occasionally would get double teamed by a panel.

Interview Question – Why are you leaving the military   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Didn't like work

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2013.

Interview Details – Great interview. Expected it to be hard. Not going to lie and say that I enjoyed the atmosphere. However, I am told by my friends that I enjoy high-pressure situations. The interviewer was nice, and I had a good conversation with him.

Interview Question – Why Goldman Sachs?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied in-person and interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – The application was for a specific team of the Securities Division who is selling derivative products. I sent my application directly to members of the team I have applied for since I have met them during a presentation at my university. After sending them my CV, covering letter and references I had a first round phone interview.

Interview Question – - what is the delta of a knock-in put?
- explain the the implied volatility skew and the related downsides of the black schols model?
  Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – I had my first interview on campus because I attend a target school. The interview was between me and two CFA's working in the Philadelphia office. Because I am not a business major and was only a sophomore the interview was mostly behavioral. They asked a few questions about my knowledge of the markets, but it was basically just what a few indices had finished at the previous week. The most important questions were why I wanted to work in finance and more specifically why I wanted to work in Private Wealth Management. They also asked what I thought Goldman looks for in an intern. There were also a few questions about whether or not I thought I could handle the rigors of the internship, and they asked how long I thought they worked each day.

Interview Question – Probably why finance if not prepared with a sound answer.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – After submitting my application in November 2013, I was informed to take a written interview in January 2014 when I almost gave up hope..The written test includes 4 sections, each has different focus. About three days later I got 4 consecutive on site interviews at Goldman sacs office. The interviews were all very nice. They asked some questions regarding the projects I put on my resume , and others mostly about my understanding of C++ and java.

Interview Question – Nothing too complicated. Some questions about array operations and recursion.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – I spoke with a Goldman Software Engineer at a career fair. Called me the next day for an interview. Took a small technical test and a few behavioral questions. Took about an hour

Interview Question – Clustered vs non clustered databases. Run time questions   Answer Question

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details – There was an on-campus interview where it was behavioral for 10 minutes and then technical questions about coding for the next 40 minutes. After passing that, I was then flown out to the NYC headquarters for .5 hr of technical coding, .5 hr of mathematical and thinking questions, and .5 hr of behavioral.

Interview Question – How would you find a 5-digit number, when multiplied by 4, will give you the palindrome of it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable but easy.

Intern
Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview with 2 GS employees - 20 mins each

Interview Question – If I work for 150 hours in a week, what is the average no of hours per day of sleep do I get?   View Answer

Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – I submitted an online application for a summer internship position in IBD. I had three one on one first round interviews at the New York offices. I heard back within about 2 weeks by email.

Interview Question – How do you keep up with the financial markets?   Answer Question

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!