Goldman Sachs Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

3.4

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bangalore (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

The whole process took 3 rounds. 1) general aptitude , C , C++ , DS 2) GD 3) Interview (less technical more HR) All C++ questions were mostly of class related , inheritance , friend function etc. 5 questions were from PI graph. from C there were register , enum etc storage classes.

Interview Questions

• Gold bar puzzle, Project (Briefly) , all steps of clicking google.com etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Tokyo (Japan)) in December 2014.

Interview

Test center then one day group interview with 3 other candidates. 30 mins x 2 sets. People were friendly. About 50 people were taken in for the sales & trading internship.

Interview Questions

• What are you "number one" at, out of all the people job hunting this year?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about what kind of sales/trader you want to be   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted by a representative about a month later and notified that I had been selected for a first round on campus interview. Was interviewed by two Goldman employees working in the private wealth management division. The interview lasted thirty minutes and started out with behavioral questions and got more technical towards the end. Interviewers asked some challenging technical questions on the Fed and recent price changes in certain stocks.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral. A few technical questions on recent Federal Reserve activity, what stocks I follow (including price changes, current price) and recent market events.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I applied online interviewed at Goldman Sachs. The phone interview followed, many behavioural questions, the interviewer was friendly and asked about my business background, interests in finance, any programming experience and then one technical question about expectations and core values and what I hope to attain from the internship.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through my school for an on campus interview. I was interviewed by 2 MDs for 30 minutes. Mostly behavioral questions about resume and choice of university/major. There were some questions about current markets in order to gage my interest in finance. There was also a couple of technical questions. I thought the interview had went well, but I received an email a couple of weeks later stating that I was not selected for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Q:What stock are you currently following in the market.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I applied through the online system, which requires basic information as well as CV and cover letter. A few weeks later I heard that I would have a phone interview. The interviewer was friendly and asked about my background, interest in finance, programming experience and then a longer technical question about expectation values. The question was tough and I didn't answer it very well so wasn't surprised when they didn't take my application further.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Fairly straightforward, know your math. Know why you want the job, sell yourself as mathematicaly capable, and honestly just be friendly. Interviwers were friendly, nothing to complain there but dont be surprised if they walk out of the interview because they have a meeting

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trichy (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Trichy (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

2 rounds of Technical Interview followed by 1 HR interview. Technical interveiws consisted of questions relating to linked lists, sorting algorithms primarily. Reversal of linked list, sorting in a linked list, some mathematical puzzles relating to simple permutations and combinations.

Interview Questions

• Since I mentioned Puzzles as my area of interest, they asled me questions on permutations and combinations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2014.

Interview

General Question with your resume and Tech interview for 1st round This was an on campus interview (1 on 1) 2nd round on company building it was one 2 on 1 interview with seriouse questions and 1 on 1 interview with easy questions

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

The director and his co-worker asked me to give a brief introduction, then they asked me a few questions about personal experience. At last they asked me a few technical questions including the index of nadaqs yesterday, what's the function of balance sheet.