Goldman Sachs Intern Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Apr 14, 2015

3.4

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I applied through the online system, which requires basic information as well as CV and cover letter. A few weeks later I heard that I would have a phone interview. The interviewer was friendly and asked about my background, interest in finance, programming experience and then a longer technical question about expectation values. The question was tough and I didn't answer it very well so wasn't surprised when they didn't take my application further.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Fairly straightforward, know your math. Know why you want the job, sell yourself as mathematicaly capable, and honestly just be friendly. Interviwers were friendly, nothing to complain there but dont be surprised if they walk out of the interview because they have a meeting

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Very easy, the candidates are assessed through 4 interviews with senior bank employees. I mentioned operations sub divisions I am interested in, on the second round I was interviewed by the people from the teams I have expressed my interest in.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Online submission of CV and cover letter followed by a competency-based telephone interview.

Interview Questions

• No technical question, all simple and common competency-based questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online, had 1 round of interview at London office. Application process was straightforward and easy. No test required. Booked interview slot online. No assessment centre. Friendly staff, modern interior.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

I applied through an online application then I had an interview (two interviewers) at their London office. It was mainly competency questions and going through my CV. They also asked a bit about current affairs. All in all I enjoyed the experience. I think it's really important for you to show that you're genuinely excited about the opportunity to work there. Find something that shows you want to work for them and not any other IB.

Intern Interview

Interview

3 competency based interviews

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to work under pressure, how did you cope?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

The director and his co-worker asked me to give a brief introduction, then they asked me a few questions about personal experience. At last they asked me a few technical questions including the index of nadaqs yesterday, what's the function of balance sheet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in January 2010.

Interview

During the process, I had a verbal reasoning and quatitative test. I also had a 1on 1 interview with a man. The next time I was invited, I had a three sets of interview with different people. The whole process lasted about two hours.The first day was a breeze really, nothing too difficult. The next day too was easy, it was just a really long day and journey. I loved it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not Applicable