Goldman Sachs Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2015
2,052 Interview Reviews

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

on campus interview, back to back interview, people there are nice. prepare to tell a story on each questions and have more interactive should be good.
    you can get back as soon as one week later. overall, the interview is the basic interview, and all are behaviour questions.
    questions you need to prepare
    Tell me about yourself.
    What are your strengths?
    What are your weaknesses?
    Why do you want this job?
    Where would you like to be in your career five years from now?
    What's your ideal company?
    What attracted you to this company?
    Why should we hire you?
    What did you like least about your last job?
    When were you most satisfied in your job?
    What can you do for us that other candidates can't?
    What were the responsibilities of your last position?
    Why are you leaving your present job?
    What do you know about this industry?
    What do you know about our company?
    Do you have any questions for me?

Strats Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

He just ask me some common behavior questions and one technical question. Walk through your resume.Then he asked some points in my experience and I told him more details.I He also gave me a blank paper to answer his technical question. I took some time to recall which is the best language to use to run the program. After I wrote it, I tried to explain my logic to him. In the end, he gave me time to ask him a question I would like to know.

Interview Questions
    • Write a program to get the result of square root of certain number.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

From non-target, had fortunate timing and GS interviewed around 6 undergrads chosen from resume drop. After this, was invited to NY for a superday, and following this, did not receive an offer. Superset interview consisted of 3 30 minute interviews with 2 bankers. Mix of technical and fit questions.

Financial AnalystPrivate Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

First round was brief 15min phone interview. Only simple behavioral questions

Final round (Super day): I was invited to their office and was interviewed by 4 employees back to back. Questions are a mix of behavioral and technical. Make sure you know your resume and the position you have applied for thoroughly. Also, read up on the latest news before your interview to possibly discuss during your interview and have a stock pitch on a particular company of interest ready.

Interview Questions
    • How do you keep up to date with current news?
      What do you know about PWM?
      Walk me through your resume

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

4 back to back interviews in a roll without break, and people were put in two different rooms and after we talked, one is for the people who majored in business or related ones while the other is not.
    There was one people finished the interviews really quick and some took longer and I think the ones that took longer are good ones.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I was asked if I would consider the operations position in place of the position I applied for by the recruiter. I said I would and was sent to SLC that following Friday for superday. There I had 2hours worth of interviewing with 8 interviewers, 2 interviews in each session. I thought the interviews on superday went great and was hopeful to hear an offer in the coming days. However, the following Monday I received an email stating that I was not selected for the position. I am very surprised and was really looking forward to the position and culture at the SLC office. I have asked for feedback, but doubt I will receive an email back. The interview questions were all behavioral and ethical based.

Interview Questions
    • Why GS? Why operations? Describe a time where your ethics were in question. Describe a time when you improved a process efficiency. What appeals to you about SLC? Do you see yourself here in the next 2-5 years. What is risk? What is risk within the divisions? ...etc.   Answer Question

Merchant Banking Division - Off Cycle Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Starts with a 30 minutes technical interview on the phone with a senior analyst. then two more rounds of interview consisting of 3 small interviews with different level of employees. The interviews are mostly technical.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I got three phone interviews before a super day. The three phone calls were from people in different teams.
    After passing the first round interviews, I received the super day invitation. The super day included three conversations with three people.

Interview Questions
    • What's your biggest failure?
      What's your passion?
      What influence do you think the QE in Europe will have?

Strategist Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I applied this position through college career website. Got contact after about a week. Then there is an one hour phone interview conducted by a starts team member. After introducing the team in the first 10 minutes, the interview goes for the technical questions. Questions are not hard, but they tried to find out what thought and idea bring you to that answer.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Develop a program getting the Fibonacci number
      2. Find the expectation of times of rolls if u want to get all 6 numbers when u can rolling a 6 sided die. Also explain the underlying deduction.
      3. Spot an arbitrage opportunity when given a specific situation that some options are mis-priced.

Third Party Distribution Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Applied through my school, got an email to come in for an interview. I went to interview at their main office. I spoke with 2 different people for about 30 minutes. The questions were very basic. Tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, etc. I am still waiting on a response from them. They also reimburse you for everything you spend on getting to the interview which is nice