Goldman Sachs Interview Questions

3.3

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I applied online and was contacted a few days later. They flew me out to Salt Lake City and I interviewed with them in person. Nothing they asked was unexpected or a curveball. It was a round robin of four interviews in 30 minute intervals.

Interview Questions
    • Rank the following in order from most to least important: Customer service, risk management, and efficiency   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Technology Interview

Interviews are kind of half behavior and half technology. I took two round on campus interview , got an onsite interview and went to NYC, and then got two round interview.

Interview Questions
    • Design problems, and data structure. Such as design a scheduler to arrange meeting   View Answer

Better offer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Applied for the summer analyst internship program in investment management division. About 2 months later heard back from them to schedule for a phone interview. The interview was conducted as a conference call. About 30-40 minutes. Asked mostly fit questions and 3 or 4 of them were about general understanding about the stock market.

Interview Questions
    • Who is the chairman of federal reserve? Where is the SP500 at?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst - Technology Interview

Met the recruiter at school career fair and applied online through website.

Had an two rounds on campus interview. First met with VP, was asked some behavior questions and some OO design questions. Then had a analysis assessment test. was asked to read some material and come up some implementation.

CRMA Interview

Interviewer asked the overview for entire economy, some behavioral questions. Case question in order to know how will person approach the question and give out effective solutions. Senior analyst asked some behavioral questions and some technical question regards to the position such as what is the credit risk. VBA experiences and etc.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Attended information sessions on campus, submitted application online. At the final round, went through four 30-minute interviews. Most of the interviewers were very nice and friendly. All the questions were behavioral so there wasn't really anything unexpected. They seem to like diverse backgrounds but they still want to see that you're passionate about the job and the industry.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

After applying online HR called me to schedule an onsite 3 half hour interviews. The first one was mostly behavioral but the next two interview were only technical questions. Some of the questions that I remember were: 1) given an array of integers design an algorithm that prints how many times each number appears in the array e.g. [1, 5, 2, 5] so 1: 1 , 2: 1, 5: 2. 2) Given an integer make a function that reverses that integer. 3) Solve the best time to buy and sell a stock problem.

Interview Questions
    • Design an efficient algorithm that checks if a LinkedList, that holds a trillion elements, is circular or not.   View Answer

Vice President - Operations Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Did that 15 years ago.. at that time I had 15 interviews - 12 of which on the same day.
    They were all personality based questions.
    First and second rounds were few months apart - so no news is good news

No negotiation.

Summer Analyst - Technology Interview

After a refreshing, everyone is told the department that is interested in you and will led you to the office and get interviewed. All the interviewees will be accomodated in the great hotel.

Interview Questions
    • How to detect that if a sound is a part of a song, how to build the database. Like SoundHound   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

They fly you to New York for an all day interview. You are interviewed with 2 or 3 teams depending on your resume. They have two offices across the bay from each other and you have to ride the provided yacht if you have interview on the other building, it was an unique experience. The interview questions are easy if you know your data structures, sorting algorithm well. There are no hard algorithm questions like graph search for the specific panel I was interviewed. They also ask you the difference between abstract class vs interface, and inheritance what not.

Interview Questions
    • Basic data structures, algorithms and brain teasers. They also ask you about your project.   Answer Question

I didn't feel it was a good place for new grad to work at. As a new grad you want to be in a place were you learn a lot. This is not to say that Goldman Sachs is not good place to work at, its just that I feel that I will be limited to specific corporate technology that will probably not have a positive impact to my foundation of becoming a good software engineer. On a side note, after the interview, I trust that the people there are extremely intelligent and friendly, you will also learn a lot other skills that is related to financial and banking