Goldman Sachs

2,013 Interview Reviews

3.2

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I got three phone interviews before a super day. The three phone calls were from people in different teams.
    After passing the first round interviews, I received the super day invitation. The super day included three conversations with three people.

Interview Questions
    • What's your biggest failure?
      What's your passion?
      What influence do you think the QE in Europe will have?

Answer Question

Financial AnalystPrivate Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

First round was brief 15min phone interview. Only simple behavioral questions

Final round (Super day): I was invited to their office and was interviewed by 4 employees back to back. Questions are a mix of behavioral and technical. Make sure you know your resume and the position you have applied for thoroughly. Also, read up on the latest news before your interview to possibly discuss during your interview and have a stock pitch on a particular company of interest ready.

Interview Questions
    • How do you keep up to date with current news?
      What do you know about PWM?
      Walk me through your resume

Answer Question

New Associate Programmer Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

The interview process is very generalized. You are challenged to talk about your own experiences and then expand on those experiences. The interviewer may grab onto a topic and dig deeper to see how much you know, and then proceed further with the general questions. I felt the interviews didn't necessarily get hard, but instead, each person was an expert in a slightly different area of work. So the questions were changed to fit their style or expertise.

Interview Questions
    • What database systems have you used at school or work in the past. Tell me about a challenge you faced when trying to work with one of those databases. Here they likely would dig deeper into a coding or database specific question.   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Had a 30 minute interview. Asked about what I do in school and also asked a few brainteasers. Was very aggressive, faced two interviewers, and one was one his phone the entire time. They will push you to explain things in different ways and also to adapt to surprise questions. Wanted to know why I cared about finance.

Interview Questions
    • How would you find the heaviest ball out of 7 balls with the least number of weighings?   Answer Question

Strats Interview

Final round was very difficult, they put you in a room with everyone else and called you out into little rooms for 30-min interviews. If you make it past the first round of 2 or 3 interviews, there are 3 more in the afternoon. Each interview is 2 interviewer.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

The day consisted of four separate interviews, with two people in each interview. Each interview was about 30 minutes long, and the interviews were back-to-back (just over two hours straight). About 5 minutes of questions were allowed at the end of each interview. Interviewers were polite but guarded -- it was not readily apparent if answers were correct or acceptable.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I was asked if I would consider the operations position in place of the position I applied for by the recruiter. I said I would and was sent to SLC that following Friday for superday. There I had 2hours worth of interviewing with 8 interviewers, 2 interviews in each session. I thought the interviews on superday went great and was hopeful to hear an offer in the coming days. However, the following Monday I received an email stating that I was not selected for the position. I am very surprised and was really looking forward to the position and culture at the SLC office. I have asked for feedback, but doubt I will receive an email back. The interview questions were all behavioral and ethical based.

Interview Questions
    • Why GS? Why operations? Describe a time where your ethics were in question. Describe a time when you improved a process efficiency. What appeals to you about SLC? Do you see yourself here in the next 2-5 years. What is risk? What is risk within the divisions? ...etc.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Meet with a number of people at offices. It was quite relaxed in that I waited in a room and they just came talked to me for about 30 minutes and then another person came in. They made me feel comfortable which was helpful for the ability to perform in the interview.

Interview Questions
    Very reasonable about allowing time to decide and they were happy to answer any number of questions that I had.

Quant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

The interview consisted of an HR screen followed by technical phone screen by a hiring manager. The HR screen was straightforward. The technical phone screen was as expected. I chose another offer before it went any further.

Strategist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Questions
    • They gave me a phone call after I applied on my school career website. Surprisingly, I was asked only one technical question. The rest was a chat about my career, my situation, and some time was spent on my past experiences. I thought it would have been more technical but it wasn't. I guess every interviewer is different and it's important to be ready for anything.   Answer Question