Goldman Sachs Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015
2,082 Interview Reviews

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Applied online and through the career services at my university, was contacted approx. two weeks later asking if I was still interested. I responded and was contacted few days later with the details.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about a time you improved a process.
      Why operations? etc.
      Some questions were based on my responses but nothing too overwhelming in my opinion.

1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview process took bout 4 months. Started with many phone conference calls with many different VP's then was flow out for an onsite interview which was a "superday". The interviewers were all very humble and not overbearing whatsoever. The flight and accommodations to the onsite interview were all expensed and was given time to explore the area to get a feel for it.

Vice President - Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

It took eight months from my first interview until my hire date. I had eight interviews total. My first interview was over the phone. My second interview was via video conference with people in NY and Bangalore, India. I had to follow up all the time as I never heard anything about the status of the position.

Interview Questions

• Not many questions my boss just mainly talked about how great he was   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Interview

on campus interview, back to back interview, people there are nice. prepare to tell a story on each questions and have more interactive should be good.
    you can get back as soon as one week later. overall, the interview is the basic interview, and all are behaviour questions.
    questions you need to prepare
    Tell me about yourself.
    What are your strengths?
    What are your weaknesses?
    Why do you want this job?
    Where would you like to be in your career five years from now?
    What's your ideal company?
    What attracted you to this company?
    Why should we hire you?
    What did you like least about your last job?
    When were you most satisfied in your job?
    What can you do for us that other candidates can't?
    What were the responsibilities of your last position?
    Why are you leaving your present job?
    What do you know about this industry?
    What do you know about our company?
    Do you have any questions for me?

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

I was asked if I would consider the operations position in place of the position I applied for by the recruiter. I said I would and was sent to SLC that following Friday for superday. There I had 2hours worth of interviewing with 8 interviewers, 2 interviews in each session. I thought the interviews on superday went great and was hopeful to hear an offer in the coming days. However, the following Monday I received an email stating that I was not selected for the position. I am very surprised and was really looking forward to the position and culture at the SLC office. I have asked for feedback, but doubt I will receive an email back. The interview questions were all behavioral and ethical based.

Interview Questions

• Why GS? Why operations? Describe a time where your ethics were in question. Describe a time when you improved a process efficiency. What appeals to you about SLC? Do you see yourself here in the next 2-5 years. What is risk? What is risk within the divisions? ...etc.   Answer Question

Strats Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

He just ask me some common behavior questions and one technical question. Walk through your resume.Then he asked some points in my experience and I told him more details.I He also gave me a blank paper to answer his technical question. I took some time to recall which is the best language to use to run the program. After I wrote it, I tried to explain my logic to him. In the end, he gave me time to ask him a question I would like to know.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to get the result of square root of certain number.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

From non-target, had fortunate timing and GS interviewed around 6 undergrads chosen from resume drop. After this, was invited to NY for a superday, and following this, did not receive an offer. Superset interview consisted of 3 30 minute interviews with 2 bankers. Mix of technical and fit questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

The day consisted of four separate interviews, with two people in each interview. Each interview was about 30 minutes long, and the interviews were back-to-back (just over two hours straight). About 5 minutes of questions were allowed at the end of each interview. Interviewers were polite but guarded -- it was not readily apparent if answers were correct or acceptable.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Boston, MA).

Interview

First round was brief 15min phone interview. Only simple behavioral questions

Final round (Super day): I was invited to their office and was interviewed by 4 employees back to back. Questions are a mix of behavioral and technical. Make sure you know your resume and the position you have applied for thoroughly. Also, read up on the latest news before your interview to possibly discuss during your interview and have a stock pitch on a particular company of interest ready.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up to date with current news?
      What do you know about PWM?
      Walk me through your resume

Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

4 back to back interviews in a roll without break, and people were put in two different rooms and after we talked, one is for the people who majored in business or related ones while the other is not.
    There was one people finished the interviews really quick and some took longer and I think the ones that took longer are good ones.