Goldman Sachs

Getting the Interview

1,492 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Analyst - Technology Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – Went through a 30 minute interview on first day with two employers. Got selected and then was called for superday. I was shortlisted by 3 business teams from which I was then selected by 2. Every team took 3 interviews and in total 9 interviews.

Interview Question – What is a singleton class in JAVA. Design it.   Answer Question

IBD Analyst Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – Applied on their company website

Interview Question – Do you follow the market at all?
What's your view on the stock market?
And a lot behavior
  Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2013.

Interview Details – Went to interview at Dallas Location. Was flown in and very professional. Had 3 30 minute interviews with 3 separate teams just reviewing my resume. No technical questions at all.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult. All very common interview questions. What are you most proud of during your time at school was difficult.   Answer Question

Vice President -Technology Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – I was interviewed as a consultant so the experience was not the same as it is for most people. I talked to the managing director and the lead manager I was working for - normally many more rounds of interviews are required and the process takes much longer. GS is very thorough before hiring - delays sometimes means not being able to hire the people they want.

Interview Question – Just asked about my background - nothing very specific.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - surprisingly exceeded my expectations when i converted from consultant to full time.

Operations Analyst Interview

Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was about an hour long. I interviewed with three people, the first was two on one and the second was one on one. Mainly behavioral questions a few technical. The first interview was harder for me but the second was very good, the lady was friendly and it turned into a conversation rather than just an interview. My advice is try not to be be too nervous. They are very interested in persons who can work well in teams.

Interview Question – Why finance?   Answer Question

Product Control Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – I was invited to an on-site interview for the Product Control position with Goldman Sachs. Met around 15 team members from different product lines. The interviews were mostly one-on-one. Interviewers asked about my past experience, how my skill-set is transferable to this position, why considering this position, what's my 5-year goal, etc.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – 3 in-person interviews with VPs and a MD, 2 company interview dinners. Asked basic questions like why GS, why ops, what is your 10 year goal, your background…etc. Last one was with a MD. I was asked to describe the image of Goldman, news that interested me recently and why.

Interview Question – Tell us your experience that you made a significant difference in processing.   Answer Question

Human Resources Project Coordinator Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – Consisted of Phone Interviews with VP's, In-Person, Interviews and Superday with Analysts and VP's from various teams. Was not difficult but time consuming. They look for hard working dedicated employees who can express that interest during the interview; people who fit in their culture.

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2014.

Interview Details – In the Summer I participated in a GS webinar to learn more about their industry and then submitted my resume after that webinar was completed. A selected number of candidates who were declined previous invitations to be interviewed were given an informational interview and then told to wait until summer internship recruiting begins. I also applied through my school, so I am not sure which one helped me more.

The interview was in their Salt Lake City location and consisted of behavioral questions. Two back to back 30 minute interviews with either one or two people. Every body was very nice and wanted to get to know you better.

Interview Question – Why shouldn't we hire you?   View Answer

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Salt Lake City, UT

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2014.

Interview Details – Two back to back 30 minute interview. If you come early, you wait in their beautiful lounge area where you can overlook the entire Salt Lake City. You can also get coffee, water, or tea if your thirsty. The employers come to get you and you are put into another room. During the interview, which could be one or two people, they ask mainly behavioral questions. They were all very nice, very smart and just wanted to get to know you better.

Interview Question – Why shouldn't we hire you?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Goldman Sachs

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!

Goldman Sachs Videos

Goldman Sachs – Why Work for Us?

We bring together people, capital and ideas to produce solutions and results for our clients by playing a number of roles: financial advisor, lender, investor and asset manager. A commitment to integrity, team work and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Goldman Sachs interview questions and advice. All 1,492 interview reviews posted anonymously by Goldman Sachs employees and interview candidates.