Goldman Sachs

Updated Jan 28, 2015
1,928 Interview Reviews

3.3

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Was pretty straight forward. Mostly behavioral questions, but a few specific to the market. Was asked to describe the current market, explain some stocks that interest me, and to pitch a stock.

Quant Summer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Depends on interviewers. My interview went through my resume.I was asked about my internships and undergrad courses. ex, tell me about CLT.I stopped by the fisrt round and heardthat overall process was tough.

Summer Analyst Interview

All of the questions are behavior related. They had a question list and just chose some from it. Such as:
    1. Introduce yourself
    2. Why you choose us?
    3. Your teamwork experience
    4. Your leadership experience
    5. specific detail of your resume
    6. If you have any questions,etc.

Nothing unexpected.

Summer Analyst: INV Management Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Currently in final round interviews for PWM. Phone interview, then campus rep interview, and now a super day at the office. Mostly behavioral questions about why PWM or why Goldman along with questions about why you would be a good asset. They seem to be looking for the best fit for the team more than technical knowledge.

Associate Interview

Expect many interviews from various people at all levels. Focus will be on intellect, professional ethics, and work ethic. The company has a team oriented culture and working with others is an important part of the firm's culture. Try to get eat a full breakfast or lunch in advance of interview; if the interviews go well, more and more people will keep interviewing you.

Interview Questions
    • Question about whether a rise gasoline prices in inflationary or not.   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I got this interview opportunity through the on campus recruitment process of my university. It was a face to face interview by a current employer. No behavior question. The interview started with one cs question and one finance concept question, both are easy, and then there is a brain-teaser question.

Interview Questions
    • Flip a coin until either HHT or HTT appears. Is one more likely to appear first? Can you draw a graph to show it?   Answer Question

Strats Securities Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

University Career Office, 2 people interviewed me. Walked in and was immediately asked to answer problems on the board. First was a coding problem that I answered, but they wanted a different answer so kept asking me to resolve it in a different way. Some expectation questions but not too hard.

Interview Questions
    • write a program that returns the second largest element in an array (as efficient as possible)   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

2 rounds. 1 was on college campus, another was at Goldman. the first round was fairly simple, mostly behavioral with some technical questions. the superday consisted of 2 interviews, each with 2 interviewers. 1 interview was very technical based, asked many questions, mostly randomly. the other interview was behavioral mixed with technical as well. there was a heavier focus on technical skills than behavior in the superday.

Private Wealth Management MBA Summer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Applied through my school and the GS website. First round interview with two PWMs from NYC office. Interview was 30min long. It was pretty informal, and went more as a conversation. I prepared for technical questions, but the questions were definitely more along the lines of why PWM, why would you be good at it, and some pretty standard behavioral (tell me about a time you failed, etc).

Risk Management Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

first round interview. Two people asking questions. After this round will be invited to super day. They do not look at my resume but just ask me math questions. They are more interested in technical ability.

Interview Questions
    • asked about what risk is. what is correlation and derive some simple results   Answer Question