Goldman Sachs Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014
1,624 Interview Reviews

3.3

Analyst Interview

I was sent Immediately to "super day".... through networking.

5 interviews in Chicago office 7AM - Noon. Ranged from VPs to new hires.

Awesome facility. The experienced professionals were awesome. Younger analysts seemed awkward & overworked.

I am not a finance major, so questions were more market based/behavioral based/etc.... Nothing too complex. If you watch the news/follows the WSJ you should be fine understanding the questions.

Interview Questions
    • "Why do you want to work at a company where you will have no life?"   View Answer

PWM Interview

Phone Interview setup, Meetup at the office. 30 minute interview. Basic walk me through your resume. previous internships on how they were. i introduced myself they asked me about my first internship experience, favorite class, most struggling class, and things like that. it was smooth, they were cool.

Intern Interview

Two (2) different phone interviews with two (2) interviewers on each call, so four (4) total. Basic introductory interview. Run through the resume and a few personal questions (leading style, why I want GS, etc.).

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which ethics came in to play, and how you reacted.   Answer Question

Quant Strats Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Quant strats position in Goldman Sachs Asset Management. On campus recruiting. Get my resume via resume book. Contacted by HR to set up a phone interview. Went through the resume, then ask a question in VaR. Also ask about programming experience. Also asked about some general questions. It was not very technical.

Internal Audit Interview

I met with goldman sachs professionals at a conference. They offered me an on-site interview. They asked some technical questions, like option. They also asked lots of questions about the resume. Most different part is the technical questions, such as talking about forward, option, future. The whole interview lasts half an hour. After interview, I did not hear back in two weeks. And then I received a call from goldman sachs. They told me they did not have position for me.

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Initially had one 30 minutes phone interview with a VP. Next day got a call from recruiters requesting I come in for a super day at Goldman Sachs New York office - four interviews with sets of two interviewers each. A good amount of behavioral questions and lots of referring back to previous experience displayed on my resume. Asked for market overview and economic climate in the US.

Interview Questions
    • Case study focusing on Asset Liability Management   View Answer

IBD Quant Interview

Applied via my program, a manager gave me a 30 mins phone interview, a lot of tech questions, including stats, stochastic calculus and questions about exotic derivatives. No behaviour question. And the interviewer was keeping challenge my answers even I got right. Guess he want to test how people preform under stress.

Interview Questions
    • A lot, no questions from classical quant interview books.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Asked about previous experiences. Some technical questions about programming in Informix-4GL. How to use case statement and basic SQL statements. How to join and use union. Since they are a financial company they had to ask you to take a drug test too.

Interview Questions
    I was there as a consultant.

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

First round interview was at college recruiting center which lasted about 30 minutes. It was very friendly with two interviewers. They asked about my resume, why I chose my school and what my experience with Excel was. Next interview was superday at GS headquarters. Multiple interviews, starting from 8am, all of which got harder and harder as the day progressed. First few interviews were with Analysts or young Associates, next few were with Managers and Directors. Questions start becoming more technical after second or third interview in the office.

Interview Questions
    • They set up scenarios about the economy, and asked what the Fed's role in abiding the crises were.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst - Investment Banking Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Only invited to first round interview. The interview was basically behavior. 2:1 interview. The reason why you are interested in investment banking is a questions I got asked three times, comparing to my previous experiences.

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!