Goldman Sachs

Getting the Interview

1,500 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – Initial communication was at a school career fair. Then applied online and was invited to an on-campus interview. There were two interviews each ~30mins with two current employees. After getting invited to final round I was invited to a meet and greet with current vice presidents on campus. Flew out and spent the night prior to all day interviews. Interviews were round robin-esque and went around to three different groups of two for ~30mins each. Then continued receiving emails from firm saying I was still being considered but hadn't been placed. Finally had a phone interview with the team I would be working with on the phone.

Interview Question – Questions weren't difficult - all behaviorally-oriented.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable

Securities Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – too many interviews

Interview Question – Arrange in order of importance, clients effectiveness and ...   Answer Question

Wealth Management Professional Interview

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2013.

Interview Details – 4 hour interview that consisted of sets of 2 interviewers back to back. Basic questions about my background and what I am looking for the in the future. The day of was ran very well along with the initial feedback, I was told I would be brought back in for a second interview, but then the follow up beyond that was horrible. I received countless updates from the recruiter that basically provided no new information when I would try to follow up. I kept getting told they would follow up, or they had followed up but had no update. I was originally told it would be a couple weeks, then it got pushed back to after the new year, then February. Eventually i emailed the direct branch manager because of the lack of response the recruiter gave and i felt it was very unprofessional, who apologized and said they had a lot of moving pieces and would be in touch shortly. I received an update mid march that they would be sending me information regarding next steps in the first week of April. Still no updates. I was told i was still considered a strong cadidate by the branch manager and never received any kind of notification anything was filled or i was no longer in consideration.

If this is the normal interview process, i would stay away then, who knows how long it takes to get anything done here.

Summer Analyst - Technology Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – Went through a 30 minute interview on first day with two employers. Got selected and then was called for superday. I was shortlisted by 3 business teams from which I was then selected by 2. Every team took 3 interviews and in total 9 interviews.

Interview Question – What is a singleton class in JAVA. Design it.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2013.

Interview Details – Went to interview at Dallas Location. Was flown in and very professional. Had 3 30 minute interviews with 3 separate teams just reviewing my resume. No technical questions at all.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult. All very common interview questions. What are you most proud of during your time at school was difficult.   Answer Question

Vice President -Technology Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – I was interviewed as a consultant so the experience was not the same as it is for most people. I talked to the managing director and the lead manager I was working for - normally many more rounds of interviews are required and the process takes much longer. GS is very thorough before hiring - delays sometimes means not being able to hire the people they want.

Interview Question – Just asked about my background - nothing very specific.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - surprisingly exceeded my expectations when i converted from consultant to full time.

Operations Analyst Interview

Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was about an hour long. I interviewed with three people, the first was two on one and the second was one on one. Mainly behavioral questions a few technical. The first interview was harder for me but the second was very good, the lady was friendly and it turned into a conversation rather than just an interview. My advice is try not to be be too nervous. They are very interested in persons who can work well in teams.

Interview Question – Why finance?   Answer Question

Product Control Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – I was invited to an on-site interview for the Product Control position with Goldman Sachs. Met around 15 team members from different product lines. The interviews were mostly one-on-one. Interviewers asked about my past experience, how my skill-set is transferable to this position, why considering this position, what's my 5-year goal, etc.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now.   Answer Question

IBD Analyst Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – Applied on their company website

Interview Question – Do you follow the market at all?
What's your view on the stock market?
And a lot behavior
  Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – 3 in-person interviews with VPs and a MD, 2 company interview dinners. Asked basic questions like why GS, why ops, what is your 10 year goal, your background…etc. Last one was with a MD. I was asked to describe the image of Goldman, news that interested me recently and why.

Interview Question – Tell us your experience that you made a significant difference in processing.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Goldman Sachs

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!

Goldman Sachs Videos

Goldman Sachs – Why Work for Us?

We bring together people, capital and ideas to produce solutions and results for our clients by playing a number of roles: financial advisor, lender, investor and asset manager. A commitment to integrity, team work and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Goldman Sachs interview questions and advice. All 1,500 interview reviews posted anonymously by Goldman Sachs employees and interview candidates.