Goldman Sachs Interview Questions

2,250 Interview Reviews

3.2

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

It was a super day consisting of 2 interviews with two people in each. There were many other applicants there as well, and we all waited with each other. In each interview they asked me to lead them through my resume-- so make sure you know how to do that with your own in a con since manner. Then they asked a series of behavioral and technical questions. Although I was nervous, it was overall a positive experience.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

It was a dual round process, with a focus both on personality fit as well as on financial modeling skills and critical thinking. Although very intense, I actually enjoyed the interview process, learning a lot about Goldman Sachs and honing my own financial skills. I would highly recommend potential applicants that they come prepared.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed on campus first, Phone Interview, Then office Interview with 5 different People. They paid for my flight and Hotel. It was very helpful. I reached out to several alumni that the career center put me in touch with, some were helpful others no so much.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral/Fit Questions on the phone- Similar in person but for technical market related questions. At each stage I walked through my resume. Also why Goldman Sachs, Why Investment Management. It was pretty Straight forward. I heard within a week   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Got referred and a recruiter called. Talked about my background and why I am interested in this position. Since I don't have any real work experience, he was not very interested in listening. I didn't get a second interview in the end.

Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in August 2015.

Interview

IQ questions, probability and statistics, risk modelling. Very professional people take the interview. It has a proper HR department and all they look for is exceptional talent. Basics in probability should be clear.

Negotiation

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2014.

Interview

Operation analyst position, I had two round interview with two people each. The first round interview seems like to have 2 to 3 years of experienced, and at the second round the interviewers were at the manager of the division. No difficult questions. Checked what's on your resume and your personal background.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me, when you had difficulties working as a team?   Answer Question

Analyst/Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied in the Quant division. Lots of questions regarding logic, probability and brain teasers in general. Brush up on these topics. Long interviews of about 1.5-2 hours. The questions asked regarding programming are relatively easy and involves basic data structures. They ask you to the time and space complexity so brush up on those topic.

Analyst Interview

Interview

I was coming in as an experienced hire. Round 1 was 1-1 interview with senior manager, next level was multiple interviews with about 8 people. I was there for a few hours interviewing. Most interviewers asked the same questions as their peers. Heard back from them a few weeks later with Job offer. HR were excellent to work with in terms of the paperwork side of things.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview process is based on getting your resumed flagged by recruiters and following up with people you networked to land your foot in a first round interview. The next step is to get your technical up to pace and then answer behavioral in a way that is memorable. That is the most assured way to best secure chances of being a strong candidate for the analyst position.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2014.

Interview

You will be interviewed A LOT of times by A LOT of different people. They don't want to make the wrong decision. They ask a lot of questions to put you on the spot to see if you know how to react to certain situations. I had one interviewer ask about my hobbies section and why I liked a particular sport to see my thought process.

Interview Questions

• What are the firm's businesses?   1 Answer