Goldman Sachs

Average Difficulty
1,564 candidate interviews

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2014.

Interview Details – company presentation, the company does not want any experienced person, 30 minutes aptitude test was conducted after the presentation, 1-1 interview general is conducted for the candidates who cleared the aptitude test, 2-1 interview technical and general is conducted in the next day for who cleared the 1st round interview, 2-1 interview technical is conducted for the final selection.

Interview Question – since i didn't attend the final round, all the questions were common and general.   Answer Question

Analyst Developer 01 Interview

Analyst Developer 01
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in April 2012.

Interview Details – I had a total of 7 rounds:

1) Written Exam on "Super Day". Technical Questions + Aptitude.
2) Face to Face interview. (Core JAVA Concepts, Basic Project questions)
3) OOPS questions.
4) Analytical + Puzzles.
5) Senior Management Round. (More of Project discussions)
6) Telephonic Round (Senior US person)- Techno Managerial Round
7) Final Round. (Head of Group) - Managerial Round

Interview Question – Given two sorted arrays, merge them. (This was unexpected not tough) :)
People having knowledge of Merge Sort will feel as lollipop.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Get an high compensation initially, because after that you might have non stop ZERO HIKES.

Electronic Trading Sales: NY Interview

Electronic Trading Sales: NY
New York, NY

I applied in-person - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2010.

Interview Details – had 4 interviews ,was expected to go up to 20! classical interview, usual questions, was informed they did not need a European. Pleasant people, met the head of the department and a couple of sales people.surprisingly average people typical New York:like Bronx, good professionals but not that special.

Interview Question – straightforward questions.   Answer Question

Legal Analyst Interview

Legal Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through an on-site recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in May and June 2014.

First round, I went through a telephone screening interview with an on-site recruiter. Second round, I had an on-site interview with four members of the team: 1 MD , 3 VPs. Third round, it was again onsite with six members: 3 MDs, 1 VP, 2 Analysts. Fourth and final round, I met with the hiring manager. I was never given notice when I was not hired, so I had to contact the recruitment representative.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty standard (tell me about yourself, why do you want this job...). Just know your resume and be able to articulate why you are there!   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Summer Analyst
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2014.

Interview Details – First round and second round both in the office. First round was mostly behavioral, asked about my previous internships and how it relates to investment banking. I worked in real estate private equity the previous summer and the interviewer asked me how the process is similar to a leveraged buyout. Why banking? Pitch me a stock (know certain multiples about your stock (EV/EBITDA) and others that's related to the industry. Got a call an hour later to come back the same day for the final round. 3 interviews of 30 minutes. Random brain teasers like one about buckets (3 liter and 5 liter, how to make it 4 liters). Overall less technical than other investment banks, they focus a lot on fit and how you know the markets.

Interview Question – What is a shareholder's right's plan? (poison pill)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2013.

Interview Details – Great interview. Expected it to be hard. Not going to lie and say that I enjoyed the atmosphere. However, I am told by my friends that I enjoy high-pressure situations. The interviewer was nice, and I had a good conversation with him.

Interview Question – Why Goldman Sachs?   Answer Question

MTpatiently Interview

MTpatiently
Pune (India)

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2013.

Interview Details – Tell me about urself
What do you like about Goldman Sachs
Interesting Interview
they give lots of time to answer and listen to u patiently
Lots of technical questions in the second round

Interview Question – Your weakness   Answer Question

HCM Summer(Teach First) Interview

HCM Summer(Teach First)
City of London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in June 2014.

Interview Details – Application form was a simple 300 word covering letter + work experience history.

3 weeks later I was invited to first round interview. Typical 45 minute HR interview with a mixture of competency and knowledge type questions.

A week later I was invited to final interviews. 2 half-hour interviews with senior staff in HCM. First interview was more of a conversation with only one 'interview' style question and the rest was questions to the senior member and discussion of answers. Second interview was more technical regarding functions of HCM and ideas about issues in HCM.

A few days later I was informed of the offer and an opportunity for a full time offer if the internship goes well.

Interview Question – Can you outline a particular issue facing HCM with regards to recruitment and your thoughts about how you might overcome this.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possible but very fair wage.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2010.

Interview Details – First interview was with Hiring VP. Second interview was with Team Leader of specific project and how I would complete a task. Team players were present at the interview and provided input and questions. Third interview with direct report MD. Discussed first two interviews and what current staff thought and their decisions.

Interview Question – Completing given task with other team members present....   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – like any other, additional money past a certain number of hours worked in a day, receive same perks as VP's

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in June 2014.

Interview Details – I received a phone call and then a follow-up confirmation email regarding a time to interview. Be prepared to navigate the huge building! Security was very helpful, but it is a massive building so give yourself a few minutes to get where you need to go. My first interviewer was timely. I spoke with her for about a half hour, then with a second person for about 45 minutes. I was told to wait in the conference room for a third person. I ended up waiting for about 25 minutes before I asked someone if I was supposed to go somewhere else, and she said the third person was on a long phone call. Another 30 minutes later, she finally arrived. She seemed a bit flustered and did a lot of "mmhmm"-ing during my responses. I think everyone was busy, and I just kind of felt like I was in the way! Which, hopefully, didn't have anything to do with me. However, considering I still haven't heard back from them, maybe it did!

Interview Question – Not too many difficult questions, typical interview stuff (weaknesses, why should we hire you, etc). Definitely be familiar with your resume, as they have it in front of them and may refer back to it. Sounds silly, but she asked about an experience I had during undergrad and it took me a moment to reflect back on it!   Answer Question

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!