Goldman Sachs

Relevance Date Difficulty

GSAM - Intern Interview

GSAM - Intern
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2014.

Interview Details – Fairly rigorous process that involved meetings, a one on one interview, followed by a super-day set of 3-4 interviews conducted over the course of a few hours. Some of the super-day interviews were on-on-one, while others had 2-3 people on a panel-style interview. The process finished with a tele-conference interview with executives in New York

Interview Questions

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2014.

Interview Details – Had my resume on file and called me in for an interview. Had two 30 minute interviews where typical behavioral questions were asked as well as some questions specifically about finance. I sent in follow up thank yous to each interviewer. It has been 4 months since the interview and Goldman has not given me any response. It would be nice if they would at least say they decided not to hire.

Interview Question – Do you know what a hedge fund is?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – Initially telephone screening has been done. It went around 50 mins. They covered Java basics and SQL basics followed by reason for looking change. Later after a week received a call for face to face interview.
Recruiter told it will be another one or two rounds of technical interviews followed by HR interview. But after reaching there I understood that there will one hour skills test, which test your problem solving skills , Java skills and SQL skills followed by assessment and discussion on your solutions that you provided. I haven't expected that. But I did good in that written test. After discussion went on the solutions that I wrote by two different interviewers separately. Later I have been asked to wait for some time. After 5 mins I got the update that I can leave for the day.

Interview Question – Time Complexity of a solution that I provided.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Summer Analyst - Technology Interview

Summer Analyst - Technology

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – Got interview from on-campus-recruitment in Feb 2014 . The whole process is about 30 minutes.I was asked about behavior questions and a brain teaser. The interviewer asked about projects concerning programmings on my resume.

Interview Question – What's the difference of Java and C.   Answer Question

Vice President - Operations Interview

Vice President - Operations
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied in-person and interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – 14 - 30 min. interviews that were over the phone and in person with multiple business units. Some jobs were taken off the table after an interview or two and then they were hiring for the position again

Negotiation Details – no negotiations, they would not talk

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2012.

Interview Details – Interviews consisted of two 45 minute rounds with two pairs of recruiters. Both interviews were behavioral - very little technical questioning. The recruiters were very nice and the tone was conversational, no grilling. Called back within a week.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Goldman Sachs?   Answer Question

Compliance Division Interview

Compliance Division
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in June 2014.

Interview Details – A contact referred me to five positions, and within a week they contacted me about interviews for one of them. I met with four different people for 30 mins each. Questions were similar each time regarding my experiences and qualifications, and the expectations I had about the job. They had several behavioral questions regarding situations that might come up during the job (coping with uncertainties, difficult personalities, time pressure, etc.). Everybody was friendly and said it was great working at GS.

Interview Question – It is not really unexpected - but I am never sure what to say when they ask about my biggest weakness and how I am coping with that.   Answer Question

Cyber Analyst Interview

Cyber Analyst

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details – phone interview was quick and straight forward, polite, normal conversation. It lasted approximately 15-20 minutes. There were no surprise questions and it was exactly what a normal interview is like

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Credit Risk Analyst

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details – Process took approximately months- applied in March and didn't hear back from them until mid May. Received an email notifying me of their desire to have phone interview. Interview consisted of 3 different phone interviews with members in different departments. Each asked questions about resume and what I knew about their individual department and why it was a fit for me.

Interview Question – They asked detailed questions about resume, about what I know about their company, and why risk department.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst In Finance Interview

Senior Analyst In Finance

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – Applied online and was reached out to by HR. One phone interview and then two rounds in person with all VPs or higher ups. All in person interviews were one on one. Mostly fit questions and questions about my background with related financial work (FP&A and reporting).

Interview Question – How would you forecast quarterly financials?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Goldman Sachs