Goldman Sachs

1,814 Interview Reviews

3.3

Analyst Interview

university interview
    Not very hard, half about resume, half about data structure.

I am not fully prepared, that's why I fail

university interview
    Not very hard, half about resume, half about data structure.

I am not fully prepared, that's why I fail

Client Solutions Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Scheduled a phone interview after applying online. They contacted me within the next week to schedule an interview. The interviewer seemed uninterested and the interview felt rushed overall, which is understandable since they are busy people. There was a good balance of fit, resume, and basic technical questions. Nothing unexpected.

Software Developer Interview

The process was very straightforward. You apply at their website and if they get interested in your profile, they will reach you. On the initial document they might ask you a bit about your background and for some docs if something is missing. A few days later, they will contact you again with the date for the interview. Usually they interview is on site and they will flight you if you are in the US, otherwise will conduct the interview via phone.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was mostly about object oriented programming. A couple of questions about interfaces, templates among others.   Answer Question

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2014.

2 interviews back to back. Both were 30 minutes and had 2 VPs. They were really easy-going. No technical questions. Be prepared, they will ask you typical behaviour questions, like ethical dilemma etc. They really wanted you to be enthusiastic. They wanted to know if you could be a good fit of the company. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • What role do you play in a team? What is your ideal working environment?   Answer Question

Quantitaive Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2014.

One phone screen, then superday interview. 4 rounds in the morning about technical side. Few more rounds in the afternoon about personality fitting. It is not extremely difficult if you know your projects extremly well and you have very relevant background.

Interview Questions
    • What is cointegration and correlation? What is Black Litterman. What's multifactor model.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Two rounds: one on campus consisting of two back to back 30 minute interviews and one on site consisting of two back to back 30 minute interviews. For each round, the first 30 minute interview was behavioral + technical and the second was purely technical

Summer Analyst Interview

I received my informational interview through the recruiting process at my business school, one of Goldman's core schools. After applying about 50 students or so received an informational interview. I received an invitation to first round interviews, which are yet to happen.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked me to what different multiples I would use for different type of companies.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I applied online and was contacted a few days later. They flew me out to Salt Lake City and I interviewed with them in person. Nothing they asked was unexpected or a curveball. It was a round robin of four interviews in 30 minute intervals.

Interview Questions
    • Rank the following in order from most to least important: Customer service, risk management, and efficiency   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Data Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Spoke with recruiters at college career fair and received on campus interview for the following day. I interviewed with two employees from their technology division. Really straightforward interview, they asked about my resume and work experience and that was pretty much it. I received a call a few hours latter with an offer.

Offer at another company

Equity Research Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Campus recruiting. Applied through the school career website and went to interview at the career center. One on one interview for 30 minutes. Mostly behavioral questions. It was very conversational and pretty relaxed.