Goldman Sachs

1,555 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

GSAM Analyst Interview

GSAM Analyst

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online continuously from Jan, 2014 to Mar 2014, and got an interview invitation in mid March. I experienced two phone interviews and was turned down after second round. Both rounds are conducted as phone interviews, with 1 person the 1st round and 2 person the 2nd round. The whole process took about 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

IMD Analyst Interview

IMD Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, invite to on-site by HR, interviewed with 2 people, both VP, mostly behavior questions like walk me through your resume, team work ability, strength and weakness, what do you know about PE?

Interview Question – What do you know about PE?   Answer Question

Software Developer - Information Technology Interview

Software Developer - Information Technology

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2011.

Interview Details – Methodical. Very rigorous and well planned. Some junior people but the right fit is essential. Some interviewers have little experience and lack proper interpersonal skills. Nothing more irritating than having someone check their blackberry while you are answering a question.

Interview Question – Explain and rationalized SOLID methodology.   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Credit Risk Analyst

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details – Applied over email. it took a few weeks to receive an email back. I had an interview on a college campus and then one at Goldman in Salt Lake. After about a month I received a phone call.

Interview Question – If you were to pick a stock today which would it be and why?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – Applied through school career site. First phone interview, then in person, then they bring you back for a final round before negotiations. Process took about a month. Did not receive an offer from the copmany.

Interview Question – Basic fit and valuation questions. Walk me through an Income Statement.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2013.

Interview Details – Get first telephone interview after submitting the resume online.
They have mutiple choices on departments but this the only one come back.
We scheduled an appointment and then the guy called in on time and straight into the topic.
There are all about five questions,basically behavioral questions but i screwed up..

Interview Question – All those are basic behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Quantitative Analyst

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in April 2014.

Interview Details – I had some friends working there and I got a phone interview through them. I had just one phone interview so far. It was like a friendly chat about my background etc. I was also asked probability and coin toss questions. Starts fairly basic but gets tricky eventually. You get hints if you get stuck.

Interview Question – Probability and coin toss questions. I guess nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

Interview Details – First rounds on campus and then was invited back for a second round with a number of groups and then a final super day where I interviewed with everyone in the specific group I was looking at

Interview Question – Everything was fairly standard interview. A few math type questions, but knew these (and got asked them) since I had a finance background   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation since analyst program has pre-set amounts

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst
Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in May 2014.

Interview Details – Went in the superday interviews at the Jersey City office. Three half hour back to back interviews with VPs and MD. No technical questions just behavioral. Thought the interview went well but got a call saying they will not be continuing with my application.

Interview Question – Name your biggest weakness   Answer Question

Financial Analyst - Goldman Sachs Asset Management Interview

Financial Analyst - Goldman Sachs Asset Management
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in April 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed about 10 times, all over the phone. Asked a lot of questions about abilities with Microsoft office suite, projects that I had worked on in College that would relate to work experience, and situational questions. Make sure you have at least 3 or 4 stories to tell when they ask questions like..."Tell me about a time when..."

Interview Question – How would you describe the roll you take on in a team setting? Tell about a time when you showed this personality type. Was it a good experience for all parties involved? What did you learn about your leadership roll through that experience. What would you have changed about the experience? Do you think it was a good experience for the other parties involved? Why or why not?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Goldman Sachs