Goldman Sachs Interview Questions

2,150 Interview Reviews

3.2

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Anaheim, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had three interviews. Since it was at a conference, the first was an impromptu interview at a hospitality suite where they asked me my background and a few basic questions about linked lists. The second interview was a formal interview between me and two GS software engineers and the last was an interview with a managing director.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Starts with a 30 minutes technical interview on the phone with a senior analyst. then two more rounds of interview consisting of 3 small interviews with different level of employees. The interviews are mostly technical.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

4 back to back interviews in a roll without break, and people were put in two different rooms and after we talked, one is for the people who majored in business or related ones while the other is not.
    There was one people finished the interviews really quick and some took longer and I think the ones that took longer are good ones.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

I got three phone interviews before a super day. The three phone calls were from people in different teams.
    After passing the first round interviews, I received the super day invitation. The super day included three conversations with three people.

Interview Questions

• What's your biggest failure?
      What's your passion?
      What influence do you think the QE in Europe will have?

Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2015.

Interview

Went through 3 technical phone interviews. The questions were on basic statistics, programming (algorithms/C++) and financial concepts, nothing unexpected. There was nothing challenging, but no on-site interview was offered at the same time. Leaves you confused on what is the logic behind the process.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

First round written exam, 30 questions in 90 min, 10 math questions, 10 algo questions, 5 OS questions and 5 finance questions. The group was the financial institution group in investment banking department. The office is based in new york. Based on the exam questions and the person who delivered the exam, I believe they want to recruit someone who is strong in computer science.

Interview Questions

• Questions on probability, calculus, brainteasers, complexity of algorithms, UNIX basics and multi-threads.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst - Technology Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Campus: Back to Back
    30 minutes for each interview
    Technical + behavioral
    Interviewers were nice and was a great experience
    Go through your resume
    Past experiences
    Past work experience
    Past/current projects
    Tell me about yourself
    Why investment banking?
    Education Background

Interview Questions

• Schedule Algorithm
      Client Server Architecture
      Service Oriented Architecture

Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I applied this position through college career website. Got contact after about a week. Then there is an one hour phone interview conducted by a starts team member. After introducing the team in the first 10 minutes, the interview goes for the technical questions. Questions are not hard, but they tried to find out what thought and idea bring you to that answer.

Interview Questions

• 1. Develop a program getting the Fibonacci number
      2. Find the expectation of times of rolls if u want to get all 6 numbers when u can rolling a 6 sided die. Also explain the underlying deduction.
      3. Spot an arbitrage opportunity when given a specific situation that some options are mis-priced.

Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied through my school, got an email to come in for an interview. I went to interview at their main office. I spoke with 2 different people for about 30 minutes. The questions were very basic. Tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, etc. I am still waiting on a response from them. They also reimburse you for everything you spend on getting to the interview which is nice

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Overall friendly experience. First round was mostly behavioral questions and going over resume. Superday was also largely the same with some more creative questions here and there, but nothing out of the ordinary. Interviews depend largely on division.