Goldman Sachs Interview Questions

2,250 Interview Reviews

3.2

Senior Analyst In Controllers Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

The GS interview process is notoriously long, slow, and difficult. Be prepared to wait without feedback for long periods. Despite the fact that some roles need to be filled immediately, it can still take upwards of 3 months before a formal offer is made. Add an additional month after acceptance to complete the background check.

Securities Lending Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2015.

Interview

I had two 30 minute interview rounds with 2 different teams. Interviewers were very friendly and made me feel very comfortable to be there, and were genuinely interested in me and my experience. I loved it the second I stepped foot in the door! The only complaint I personally had was the time it took to get hired.

Interview Questions

• Give me an experience of how you helped a team succeed and how you personally contributed?   Answer Question

AIMS Risk Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2015.

Interview

First round was back to back interviews with an associate and a VP. They both asked me to walk them through my resume and then asked some basic behavioral questions. There were no technical questions in this interview. More interviews to follow as well as an assessment, which I understand is case based. I just completed the first round interview so I am not sure how long the entire process takes from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• If you could tell me two things about yourself that aren't on your resume, what would they be?   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied with a recruiter and was called within two weeks time for a phone screen and interview. There was a brief phone screen to measure my interest in the job, they emailed some paperwork for me to complete and then invited me into the New York office for a meeting with two people.

Interview Questions

• What makes you different and unique than any other candidate that we may see?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I had a phone interview at first. After the phone interview, I got invited for superday. I interviewed with several people and they are very nice and friendly. Interview questions weren't that hard. Most of questions were about my background.

Strats Interview

Interview

I just got the 1st round interview and I did not make it in the phone, There should be more rounds to come, which I did not get the chance to see. My interview was via the phone.

Interview Questions

• Some of the data analysis methods and some programming questions. 3 questions of finance, which I did not know because my background is not finance.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

standard culture fit question, probability questions. Brain teasers are fair game for all. Because Goldman interviews a somewhat broad swath of students, questions during on campus interviews tend to focus far more on past decision-making. You absolutely must be able to articulate why you want to work at Goldman and why whatever division you're gunning for is the right fit for you. Teamwork and ethics are highly prized at Goldman and using authentic anecdotes to demonstrate that you exhibit an orientation of inclusion and a natural tendency to do "what's right" will be viewed favorably.

Wealth Management Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied online and after a week or so got a caller from a recruiter in NY and we set up a phone screen. We spoke for 30 mins and they passed my resume on to the PWM area. I did a phone screen with another WM person there which was about 30 mins. I was then invited interview in person where I meet with 5 people over 2 1/2 hrs.

Interview Questions

• Most of the interviews were qualitative asking about my history, skills and background. There were a few interesting questions "Describe what customer service means to you?" "If a client needed 2 million and they had 1 million in cash and the rest of the money was in stocks and bonds, what would you do?"   1 Answer

Global Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview process was extremely drawn out. Took approximately a month from start to finish. Interviewers are all incredibly nice, intelligent and compassionate individuals however. I found as I moved through the process that they are looking for consistent and thoughtful answers. Further, they were seeking somebody with emotional intelligence. This meant connecting with each individual interviewer in a different way.

Interview Questions

• Explain three current events in the market that affect Goldman Sachs compliance and how the team may address and navigate these issues.   1 Answer

Compliance Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

The interview process was very rigid a lot of questions and rapid fire 4 interviews in the span of two hours. The interviewers were very nice however they never responded to me after the interview and I just wish they had said yes or no not no response