Goldman Sachs

1,572 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Credit Risk Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – It was a phone interview. We set up a time and the guy was going to interview me forgot to call. So I sent him an email to reschedule and he called right after he got my email. There were behavioral and technical questions. But the questions were simple.

Interview Question – What do you think is credit risk.
What do you think is the most important thing to Goldman Sachs right now.
  Answer Question

Intern In Investment Banking Interview

Intern In Investment Banking

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – I went through school recruiting. After I went to career fair and networked a bit, I decided to apply online also, and then I got an interview in about i'm not sure but i think a couple of weeks I have to say. It didnt take long, but I wasnt particularly waiting for it anyway.

Interview Question – Why Goldman   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Vice President
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – 12 interviews over 2 month period (mainly due availability of interviewers). Emphasize being a team player who is also a self starter. Workaholic tendencies encouraged. Know the 14 business principles, history of the firm, etc.

Interview Question – Why are you a job hopper (nearly half the employees are lifers -- having more than three jobs is considered job hopping).   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They will offer you the same base, with emphasis that you will be eligible for a bonus. Negotiate. Likelihood that all 12+ interviewers all agreed on another candidate is slim and they don't want to go through the interview process again.

Associate Interview

Associate

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details – The interview process was long and very uncomfortable. It seems like you have to speak with 10 people before any decission can be made. Interview questions seemed to be generic and really didn't give a chance for me to talk about my experience.

Interview Question – How high can you jump?   Answer Question

Tax Operations Team Analyst Interview

Tax Operations Team Analyst
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2013.

Interview Details – This was one of the most depressing interviews I have ever had.

It consisted of three interviews with two people in each all back to back. Each of the interviewers seemed worn out and miserable. Each of them acted as if they did not want to be there. Immediately after a few minutes of talking to the first interviewer I knew that this was not the place or job for me.

The questions seemed extremely specific for the experience desired in the position (at lease 2 years).

The interview experience overall felt very negative from my end and I am happy to say I did not receive an offer. I cannot say as to whether this was me or them, but I can say that if the people that interviewed me are the same people that I would have to work with day to day, this is a job to steer clear of.

Interview Question – "If I were writing a script to do something over and over again, what would I call that?"   View Answer

Analyst Operations Interview

Analyst Operations

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – 12 interviews over a 2 day period

Interview Question – Pretty straight forward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Summer Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2014.

Interview Details – First round on-campus recruiting. Two rounds of phone interviews with a specific group followed by a super-day about a week later.

Interview Question – How to calculate the value of a commercial property with a single large tenant.   View Answer

Tax Analyst Interview

Tax Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – One phone call to schedule interview. Accepted interview. Technical questions on tax rules and process. Ask some behavioral questions. 4 Interviewers.

Interview Question – How do you get the apportionment ratio?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst
Jersey City, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2014.

Interview Details – Did the phone interview, went really well. Got an email few days later for super day at the ops headquarters in jersey city. The recruiters were very helpful. The email included a list of 3 opportunities I was being considered for. I was very well prepared, interviewers said I was over qualified for the positions. 3 30 min interviews. Mostly behavioral questions. Contacted the recruiter after waiting for 3 weeks. Got a call on the 4th week and didn't get an offer

Interview Question – How much does a boeing 707 weigh?   Answer Question

Quant Interview

Quant

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details – I was put in touch with the Quant team via a recruiter. Faced about 9 rounds of interviews in total including 6 rounds of phone interviews and 3 rounds of in person interviews. The first 6 interviews were with people in the quant team over the phone. The interviews were with people based in Bangalore, London, New York and Singapore. At every stage of the interview I kept receiving positive feedback through the recruiter. I was eventually told a no because of one the early interviews was not up to the mark, but the rest of them were apparently great. My advice to the HR department would be to do a study and see how many candidates are rejected based on one or more negative feedback from one of the interviewers. If it turns out to be close to a 100%, then I would advise you not to waste the candidate's or your time in pursuing further interviews with the candidate in the event of a negative feedback.

Interview Question – Prove that VaR is not a coherent risk measure,   Answer Question