Goldman Sachs

Relevance Date Difficulty

IBD Analyst Interview

IBD Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – Applied on their company website

Interview Question – Do you follow the market at all?
What's your view on the stock market?
And a lot behavior
  Answer Question

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Operations Summer Analyst
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2014.

Interview Details – In the Summer I participated in a GS webinar to learn more about their industry and then submitted my resume after that webinar was completed. A selected number of candidates who were declined previous invitations to be interviewed were given an informational interview and then told to wait until summer internship recruiting begins. I also applied through my school, so I am not sure which one helped me more.

The interview was in their Salt Lake City location and consisted of behavioral questions. Two back to back 30 minute interviews with either one or two people. Every body was very nice and wanted to get to know you better.

Interview Question – Why shouldn't we hire you?   View Answer

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Operations Summer Analyst
Salt Lake City, UT

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2014.

Interview Details – Two back to back 30 minute interview. If you come early, you wait in their beautiful lounge area where you can overlook the entire Salt Lake City. You can also get coffee, water, or tea if your thirsty. The employers come to get you and you are put into another room. During the interview, which could be one or two people, they ask mainly behavioral questions. They were all very nice, very smart and just wanted to get to know you better.

Interview Question – Why shouldn't we hire you?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Comptroller Interview

Comptroller
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through school recommendations, emailed me about a phone interview. Had a phone interview, was invited to SLC. Mostly behavior questions. Two separate interviews each with two men. They definitely play the good cop bad cop at super day. One seemed annoyed and did not pay any attention and seemed distracted the whole time, while the other was involved and said things after each question "wow that sounds really interesting, sounds like you made a good decision in that scenario". Overall the interview was really weird, and I left not wanting the job. Applied to other jobs and accepted an offer before they got back to me. Applied in Sept, went to SLC to interview in Oct, and just recently heard back, middle of March. They also did not pay me back for expenses until FEB! Whole situation weird, and I found the really delayed check, and reply very unprofessional. SLC was great though. I also heard they offer below 50, so keep in mind before getting your heart set on Goldman.

Interview Question – behavioral   Answer Question

Human Resources Project Coordinator Interview

Human Resources Project Coordinator
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – Consisted of Phone Interviews with VP's, In-Person, Interviews and Superday with Analysts and VP's from various teams. Was not difficult but time consuming. They look for hard working dedicated employees who can express that interest during the interview; people who fit in their culture.

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online - Emailed to confirm on-site interview - Two 30 mins behavior interviews - Wait for a month - Offer

Interview Question – Why Operations?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Goldman never negotiate salary.

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – The first round consisted of mainly behavioral questions and a few technical questions regarding the market.

Interview Question – Summarize what the US economy has been doing over the last year   Answer Question

Strategist Interview

Strategist
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in July 2010.

Interview Details – recruiter manage submit resume, arrange interview for interviewer all over the world. Gone through several round eventually got a short on-site.

Interview Question – stochastic calculus questions, probability question, brain teasers   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Java Developer

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details – Phone Interview:

1. Why finance?

2. What do you see as your biggest strength?

3. What are three leadership qualities that you possess that you are proud of?

4. Why do you want to work in services?

5. Why Goldman Sachs?

6. What is your weakness? - Perfectionist

7. When have you been in a leadership position?

8. When have you been in a leadership position and failed?

9. When have you been in a group environment and not been the leader?

10.Tell me about your previous work experience.

Interview Question – Sudo code for Fibonacci Numbers   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2014.

Interview Details – Common Behavioral questions and a case. The case is to calculate reserving capital for a small company that has not risk management professionals.

Interview Question – The case was unexpected.   Answer Question