Goldman Sachs Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014
1,615 Interview Reviews

3.3

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Applied over email. it took a few weeks to receive an email back. I had an interview on a college campus and then one at Goldman in Salt Lake. After about a month I received a phone call.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to pick a stock today which would it be and why?   Answer Question

Software Developer - Information Technology Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2011.

Methodical. Very rigorous and well planned. Some junior people but the right fit is essential. Some interviewers have little experience and lack proper interpersonal skills. Nothing more irritating than having someone check their blackberry while you are answering a question.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Applied through school career site. First phone interview, then in person, then they bring you back for a final round before negotiations. Process took about a month. Did not receive an offer from the copmany.

Interview Questions
    • Basic fit and valuation questions. Walk me through an Income Statement.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2013.

Get first telephone interview after submitting the resume online.
    They have mutiple choices on departments but this the only one come back.
    We scheduled an appointment and then the guy called in on time and straight into the topic.
    There are all about five questions,basically behavioral questions but i screwed up..

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in April 2014.

I had some friends working there and I got a phone interview through them. I had just one phone interview so far. It was like a friendly chat about my background etc. I was also asked probability and coin toss questions. Starts fairly basic but gets tricky eventually. You get hints if you get stuck.

Interview Questions
    • Probability and coin toss questions. I guess nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst - Goldman Sachs Asset Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in April 2012.

Interviewed about 10 times, all over the phone. Asked a lot of questions about abilities with Microsoft office suite, projects that I had worked on in College that would relate to work experience, and situational questions. Make sure you have at least 3 or 4 stories to tell when they ask questions like..."Tell me about a time when..."

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe the roll you take on in a team setting? Tell about a time when you showed this personality type. Was it a good experience for all parties involved? What did you learn about your leadership roll through that experience. What would you have changed about the experience? Do you think it was a good experience for the other parties involved? Why or why not?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

First rounds on campus and then was invited back for a second round with a number of groups and then a final super day where I interviewed with everyone in the specific group I was looking at

Interview Questions
    • Everything was fairly standard interview. A few math type questions, but knew these (and got asked them) since I had a finance background   Answer Question
    No negotiation since analyst program has pre-set amounts

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in May 2014.

Went in the superday interviews at the Jersey City office. Three half hour back to back interviews with VPs and MD. No technical questions just behavioral. Thought the interview went well but got a call saying they will not be continuing with my application.

Wealth Management Professional Interview

Interview process was very thorough. They asked a lot of behavioral questions and really were interested in how I fit in with the team. On my first interview I met with the whole desk and was able to ask questions comfortably while gaining information about the exact role. The interview lasted about 4 hours without any breaks. Take a bottle of water to avoid dry mouth.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me some questions regarding the current state of the market and how I would talk to an unruly client call.   Answer Question

Sales Attribution Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Got the phone call from the HR. Talked a little about my background. Then arranged a phone interview with an associate. No technical questions. Just common behavioral questions like telling me about yourself, an example of good team player. Don't worry about it.