Goldman Sachs

Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Project Coordinator Interview

Human Resources Project Coordinator
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – Consisted of Phone Interviews with VP's, In-Person, Interviews and Superday with Analysts and VP's from various teams. Was not difficult but time consuming. They look for hard working dedicated employees who can express that interest during the interview; people who fit in their culture.

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online - Emailed to confirm on-site interview - Two 30 mins behavior interviews - Wait for a month - Offer

Interview Question – Why Operations?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Goldman never negotiate salary.

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – The first round consisted of mainly behavioral questions and a few technical questions regarding the market.

Interview Question – Summarize what the US economy has been doing over the last year   Answer Question

Strategist Interview

Strategist
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in July 2010.

Interview Details – recruiter manage submit resume, arrange interview for interviewer all over the world. Gone through several round eventually got a short on-site.

Interview Question – stochastic calculus questions, probability question, brain teasers   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Java Developer

Interview Details – Phone Interview:

1. Why finance?

2. What do you see as your biggest strength?

3. What are three leadership qualities that you possess that you are proud of?

4. Why do you want to work in services?

5. Why Goldman Sachs?

6. What is your weakness? - Perfectionist

7. When have you been in a leadership position?

8. When have you been in a leadership position and failed?

9. When have you been in a group environment and not been the leader?

10.Tell me about your previous work experience.

Interview Question – Sudo code for Fibonacci Numbers   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2014.

Interview Details – Common Behavioral questions and a case. The case is to calculate reserving capital for a small company that has not risk management professionals.

Interview Question – The case was unexpected.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – Superday interview as a lateral from another bank. Went over some fit stuff and wanted to make sure I was technically competent. Really emphasized hiring both hard working and smart people. Otherwise standard questions about background, interest in IB / GS, etc.

First half of the superday oddly wanted to know technical knowledge but didn't go too deep into line of questioning.

Interview Question – Why should we choose you over the others?   Answer Question

Summer Operations Analyst Interview

Summer Operations Analyst

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details – I applied in February and got an interview in like two weeks. The interview was a final one, and it took place on campus. The process went well and questions were quite typical. Be prepared for a question about ethic. Also, go to the pre-interview event and try to make an impression.

Interview Question – No questions were quite unexpected. Prepare for a questions about ethic.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Technology Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2013.

Interview Details – On campus interview

Interview Question – Question on basic data structures,java and database   View Answer

Analyst - Sales and Trading Interview

Analyst - Sales and Trading

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details – There were four total interviews. First round interview was a single interview with one person on my college campus. The final round interviews were on site. There were two people per interview for three total interviews. The first were behavioural and the others were technical. Goldman Sachs has a very low acceptance rate.

Interview Question – Tell me your greatest weakness.   Answer Question