Goldman Sachs

Average Difficulty
26 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Investment Banking Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – Superday interview as a lateral from another bank. Went over some fit stuff and wanted to make sure I was technically competent. Really emphasized hiring both hard working and smart people. Otherwise standard questions about background, interest in IB / GS, etc.

First half of the superday oddly wanted to know technical knowledge but didn't go too deep into line of questioning.

Interview Question – Why should we choose you over the others?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – The process involved a phone screen and then I was flown out to interview that Friday. The interviews (3) were mainly behavioral with one being focused on my knowledge of the valuation process. I interviewed with three other people and none of us got an offer.

Interview Question – Compare the volatility of a burger joint and an airplane manufacturer and how that would affect the valuation of the company.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in August 2010.

Interview Details – 1st round interview on campus. Final interview round at company site. 4 two-on-one interviews on technical and behavior topics.

Interview Question – What causes the expansion and contraction of EV/EBITDA multiples.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2014.

Interview Details – 2 first round phone interviews, and 3 face to face final round interviews.

Interview Question – How do you think of JPM's bribery scandal?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got an offer in Financing Group under IBD, but preferred traditional IBD.

Investment Banking Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – on campus interview (1st round)

Interview Question – what would you do with 1 million?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2013.

Interview Details – I went through the first and second round for the IBD in London. First interview was typical fit/technical questions (dcf, comps, etc.). 2nd round consisted of 3 interviews, and since I wasn't based in London, were over the phone as well. Asked fit questions such as why London? All sorts of technical (dcf, comps, can you use EV/Net Income?, etc.) nothing too crazy. Last interview was a little out of the box, but just be open minded and think through every step carefully.

Interview Question – Nothing too crazy. Just know your technicals in and out. Be able to walk through an LBO, and explain which ratios are more useful for some companies than others.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – Networked and eventually got invited for a superday. Had 5 two-on-one interviews.

Interview Question – How many hockey rinks are there in Canada?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details – Initial phone screen with basic questions such as tell me about yourself, why investment banking, as well as technical questions such as how do you value a company, walk me through a DCF (discounted cash flow), etc.

Interview Question – Tell me about a recent deal you've read in the news and give me the financial details and rationale for the deal.   View Answer

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details – I have had a phone screening but most of the questions are about technical questions.

Interview Question – Please describe your weaknesses to me.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details – Got my resume passed to the HR by some people. Got the first round by HR and second around an associate from the team.

Interview Question – They were looking for experienced people   Answer Question

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!