Goldman Sachs Interview Questions in Jersey City, NJ

3.1

73 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in April 2014.

Applied online, received an email from a recruiter a few days later, indicated my interest, attended a Superday (3, 30 min interviews with 2 interviewers each), and received an offer 2 weeks later.

The entire process, including background check, takes a long time (~ 2 months) but patience is a virtue...

Interview Questions
    Not too much room for negotiation but the offer was fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in May 2014.

Went in the superday interviews at the Jersey City office. Three half hour back to back interviews with VPs and MD. No technical questions just behavioral. Thought the interview went well but got a call saying they will not be continuing with my application.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2014.

Did the phone interview, went really well. Got an email few days later for super day at the ops headquarters in jersey city. The recruiters were very helpful. The email included a list of 3 opportunities I was being considered for. I was very well prepared, interviewers said I was over qualified for the positions. 3 30 min interviews. Mostly behavioral questions. Contacted the recruiter after waiting for 3 weeks. Got a call on the 4th week and didn't get an offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2013.

The interview was about an hour long. I interviewed with three people, the first was two on one and the second was one on one. Mainly behavioral questions a few technical. The first interview was harder for me but the second was very good, the lady was friendly and it turned into a conversation rather than just an interview. My advice is try not to be be too nervous. They are very interested in persons who can work well in teams.

Finance Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2013.

Applied through OCR, had first round interview on campus

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you have faced an ethical situation and what you did   View Answer

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2010.

The applicant goes through 3 interviews per BU, and each one can be very different, as each interviewer will focus of an area of interest depending on what is the position for and the resume of the applicant. Standard object oriented, database and algorithms questions will form the bases for more complex inquiries.

Summer Services Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2014.

In October or so, I applied on the GS website for this job, submitting my resume and cover letter. In December, I had a phone interview with two members of the services team, after which I was told I would be alerted to my status in a few weeks. About three weeks later, I was told that I was invited back for a superday a month later, and I heard back the results of the superday within a week.

Interview Questions
    • One of the ways that they kept me on my toes was by NOT starting with the classic question asking about resume in general or “Tell me about yourself.”
      1. Why finance? (No time to think as they are asking the question, just a rapid-fire, unexpected first question)
      2. Not applicable to everyone...
      3. What do you see as your biggest strength?
      4. What are three leadership qualities that you possess that you are proud of?
      5. Why do you want to work in services?
      6. Why Goldman Sachs?
      7. What is your weakness?
      8. When have you been in a leadership position?
      9. When have you been in a leadership position and failed?
      10. When have you been in a group environment and not been the leader?
      a. How did you feel then? What did you do?
      11. Who is your role model?
      a. Why?
      12. Not applicable to everyone...
      13. Tell me a bit about your experience abroad
      14. Run me through your resume
      a. They asked very resume-specific questions, going through each item on my resume
      15. If I had to ask your teachers for one word to describe you, what would they say?
      16. If I had to ask your friends for one word to describe you, what would they say?
      17. If I had to ask the students that you tutor for one word to describe you, what would they say?
      18. Tell me about your previous work experience
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2013.

Submitted through Campus career site. Called in for final interview super day. It was 4 thirty minute interviews back to back. The interview took place in their Jersey City offices. Interviewers were all nice and easy going. Mostly behavioral questions. Interviewers were mostly VPs but I was also interviewed by a couple of Associates and Analysts in the division.

Interview Questions
    • If you realized you sent a the wrong client classified information from another client's account how would you rectify the situation?   Answer Question

New Analyst - Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2013.

Submitted an application via my college career services and got an e-mail inviting me for an interview. Here were 4 different sessions lasting 30 minutes each. Some were with one person others with 2.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you had to deal with a difficult colleague. How did you handle the situation.   View Answer

Compliance Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2014.

Phone interview first. The interviewer went over my resume and asked me questions like "What do you do in your current role?", "How would you handle software/hardware performance issues?", "If CPU spikes to 100%, what steps will you take to troubleshoot?", "How much data you handle on a day-to-day basis?", "How do you interact with clients?" etc. Nothing technical at all. I thought I answered all of his questions just fine, but was rejected the following day. It felt like he was expecting a specific answer and wouldn't get convinced unless you give it to him.

Interview Questions
    • If CPU spikes to 100%, what steps will you take to troubleshoot?   Answer Question

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!