Goldman Sachs

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through an on-site recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in May and June 2014.

First round, I went through a telephone screening interview with an on-site recruiter. Second round, I had an on-site interview with four members of the team: 1 MD , 3 VPs. Third round, it was again onsite with six members: 3 MDs, 1 VP, 2 Analysts. Fourth and final round, I met with the hiring manager. I was never given notice when I was not hired, so I had to contact the recruitment representative.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty standard (tell me about yourself, why do you want this job...). Just know your resume and be able to articulate why you are there!   Answer Question

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details – all behavioral questions. first through school career center, then at nyc office. i think i was too nervous going in, and it was really not necessary. the intense financial knowledge interview might happen in another department, but legal dept just wants to make sure youre smart and personable. overall, i liked the people and office there.

Interview Question – typical questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Legal Analyst

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2013.

Interview Details – contacted via email and scheduled a phone interview

Interview Question – no difficult questions, went through the resume   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – Applied online for a legal analyst position. Was called in for a series of interviews, although I was a bit late in the process as it seems they hire mainly from their class of interns.

Interview Question – All questions based on personality, skill and interest in law and finance.   Answer Question

Legal Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – Applied through campus job board and GS career site. Had one phone interview, then invited to Super Day in NYC. Four one on one interviews.

Interview Question – Mostly fit. Make sure you have a good answer for why you want to go into finance and law, and make sure you can really walk through your resume.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details – Submitted resume through university career services, received call back about scheduling a phone interview. Had it with two people - very general questions, did focus a bit though on why I was particularly interested in a financial services firm and what aspects of the market fascinated me.

Interview Question – What aspect of the market interests you the most and why?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2011.

Interview Details – 3 1:1 interviews. Very straightforward, asked me general questions about my resume, why I wanted to work there. I really enjoyed the whole process. Unfortunately there was only 1 opening, and they invited ~10 people for a superday so the numbers were kind of stacked against me. Great learning experience overall.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you disagreed with a superior. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2010.

Interview Details – It was a fairly straight forward interview process. The first day, I met with my would-be manager and the woman in the position I would be filling. A simple fit interview based off of my resume, no curveballs and both of them were very nice and straightforward about what the job entailed.

The second round I was supposed to meet with three MDs but one had to cancel. Again, a simple fit interview, a lot of "tell me about yourself" basic questions-- to be honest I'm not sure they had even seen my resume until I entered the room (and I can't blame them, I would imagine as an MD you don't have a whole lot of time to pore over an undergraduate resumes). Again, both of them were pleasures to talk with-- I was able to laugh and joke with them the whole time.

They called and said I had gotten the job the next day. Unfortunately the timing/opportunity wasn't right, but for all the clout and prestige attached to the Goldman brand, this was the most straight forward, laid back, and even (at times) enjoyable series of interviews I've ever been to.

Interview Question – Tell me about a specific time you organized a project   Answer Question

Analyst - Legal Interview

Analyst - Legal

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details – 4 interviews. All 1:1 over the phone.

Interview Question – nothing too unexpected.   Answer Question

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!