Goldman Sachs Legal Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

9 interviews

2.2

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Legal Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in July 2014.

Had several on-site interviews and met with MDs and VPs one on one. The team was very friendly and genuinely cared about what your previous work/ educational experience have been like. Overall, very positive and enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing out of the ordinary. Know your resume and how your skills apply to the job. Why do you want this job?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Legal Analyst Interview

all behavioral questions. first through school career center, then at nyc office. i think i was too nervous going in, and it was really not necessary. the intense financial knowledge interview might happen in another department, but legal dept just wants to make sure youre smart and personable. overall, i liked the people and office there.

Legal Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2013.

contacted via email and scheduled a phone interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Applied online for a legal analyst position. Was called in for a series of interviews, although I was a bit late in the process as it seems they hire mainly from their class of interns.

Interview Questions
    • All questions based on personality, skill and interest in law and finance.   Answer Question

Legal Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Applied through campus job board and GS career site. Had one phone interview, then invited to Super Day in NYC. Four one on one interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly fit. Make sure you have a good answer for why you want to go into finance and law, and make sure you can really walk through your resume.   Answer Question

Legal Analyst Interview

Submitted resume through university career services, received call back about scheduling a phone interview. Had it with two people - very general questions, did focus a bit though on why I was particularly interested in a financial services firm and what aspects of the market fascinated me.

Interview Questions
    • What aspect of the market interests you the most and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2011.

3 1:1 interviews. Very straightforward, asked me general questions about my resume, why I wanted to work there. I really enjoyed the whole process. Unfortunately there was only 1 opening, and they invited ~10 people for a superday so the numbers were kind of stacked against me. Great learning experience overall.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you disagreed with a superior. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2010.

It was a fairly straight forward interview process. The first day, I met with my would-be manager and the woman in the position I would be filling. A simple fit interview based off of my resume, no curveballs and both of them were very nice and straightforward about what the job entailed.

The second round I was supposed to meet with three MDs but one had to cancel. Again, a simple fit interview, a lot of "tell me about yourself" basic questions-- to be honest I'm not sure they had even seen my resume until I entered the room (and I can't blame them, I would imagine as an MD you don't have a whole lot of time to pore over an undergraduate resumes). Again, both of them were pleasures to talk with-- I was able to laugh and joke with them the whole time.

They called and said I had gotten the job the next day. Unfortunately the timing/opportunity wasn't right, but for all the clout and prestige attached to the Goldman brand, this was the most straight forward, laid back, and even (at times) enjoyable series of interviews I've ever been to.

Analyst - Legal Interview

4 interviews. All 1:1 over the phone.

Interview Questions

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!