Goldman Sachs

2.1

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

The process was really slow. It started with a very brief phone interview, after which there was an interlude of several weeks before they even made an attempt to schedule a follow-up. Then there was another gap. Finally, they extended an offer almost two weeks after the second interview. At which point I had accepted an offer else where. Streamline the process.

Already taken a job elsewher

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

I actually applied online for another position (Global Investment Research), probably way over my head though for that, so got an email asking to do a phone interview for a legal analyst position instead. It was pretty standard, resume review, a bit of job description. That was Thursday. Following Monday, got an email saying they were moving on with other candidates. Tuesday, got a phone call saying "actually, come on down to NYC for Super Day interviews". Cool beans. Got to the city, the interview went great, the staff was all very personable and really interested in my resume/experience. Very professional, 30-minute interviews with 5 different people. I really walked away feeling great, because it was such a great experience.

The problem was the follow-up. After the interviews, we got an email saying that we would hear back within a week. I got a phone call back on the Monday of the second week saying that they hadn't decided yet, but they really liked me. I emailed after 3 weeks, they told me no decision they were going through internal stuff. 5 weeks in, they called saying I didn't get the job. I went from feeling I had a great shot, to starting grad school apps, and ultimately knowing that the cigarette-laden voice on the other line was going to tell me I didn't get the job. I kindly thanked her for the notification, and finished my grad school personal statements.

Interview Questions
    • What do we do if the 'introducer' in a foreign deal expects a certain amount of money from GS for making the connection?   View Answer

Legal Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in July 2014.

Had several on-site interviews and met with MDs and VPs one on one. The team was very friendly and genuinely cared about what your previous work/ educational experience have been like. Overall, very positive and enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Know your resume and how your skills apply to the job. Why do you want this job?   Answer Question

Legal Analyst Interview

all behavioral questions. first through school career center, then at nyc office. i think i was too nervous going in, and it was really not necessary. the intense financial knowledge interview might happen in another department, but legal dept just wants to make sure youre smart and personable. overall, i liked the people and office there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Applied online for a legal analyst position. Was called in for a series of interviews, although I was a bit late in the process as it seems they hire mainly from their class of interns.

Interview Questions
    • All questions based on personality, skill and interest in law and finance.   Answer Question

Legal Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Applied through campus job board and GS career site. Had one phone interview, then invited to Super Day in NYC. Four one on one interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly fit. Make sure you have a good answer for why you want to go into finance and law, and make sure you can really walk through your resume.   Answer Question

Legal Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2013.

contacted via email and scheduled a phone interview

Legal Analyst Interview

Submitted resume through university career services, received call back about scheduling a phone interview. Had it with two people - very general questions, did focus a bit though on why I was particularly interested in a financial services firm and what aspects of the market fascinated me.

Interview Questions
    • What aspect of the market interests you the most and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2011.

3 1:1 interviews. Very straightforward, asked me general questions about my resume, why I wanted to work there. I really enjoyed the whole process. Unfortunately there was only 1 opening, and they invited ~10 people for a superday so the numbers were kind of stacked against me. Great learning experience overall.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you disagreed with a superior. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2010.

It was a fairly straight forward interview process. The first day, I met with my would-be manager and the woman in the position I would be filling. A simple fit interview based off of my resume, no curveballs and both of them were very nice and straightforward about what the job entailed.

The second round I was supposed to meet with three MDs but one had to cancel. Again, a simple fit interview, a lot of "tell me about yourself" basic questions-- to be honest I'm not sure they had even seen my resume until I entered the room (and I can't blame them, I would imagine as an MD you don't have a whole lot of time to pore over an undergraduate resumes). Again, both of them were pleasures to talk with-- I was able to laugh and joke with them the whole time.

They called and said I had gotten the job the next day. Unfortunately the timing/opportunity wasn't right, but for all the clout and prestige attached to the Goldman brand, this was the most straight forward, laid back, and even (at times) enjoyable series of interviews I've ever been to.