Goldman Sachs Interview Questions in London, England

Updated May 29, 2015

3.3

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

2 stages of interviews. Each stage consists of 3 sets of interviews. Mostly interviewing with the team you are applying for. It was fairly quick process. A week to get a call from HR, a week to set up the first stage of interview. They proceeded with the next stage and it was a week after. In a week, they told me their decision.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions related to experiences I listed on my resume   Answer Question

Quantitative Investment Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

I submitted my CV on company's website, and got the interview within 1 week. 1 hour interview with 2 heads (half an hour for each): The first one asked me about some skill-based coding questions; and the second one asked me about some idea-based trading questions and brainteaser questions. Both of them asked me about the education background, experience, and career motivations.

Interview Questions

• Quenstions cover all fields of Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, and Finance.   Answer Question

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview process for my division was rather long. One route was to go through the internship program where you spent 10 weeks on the trading floor meeting people and being quizzed. Another method was to interview and this was not particularly easy and also consisted of 10+ interviews in most instances.

Interview Questions

• Questions around markets both equities and fixed income.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

As the standard here for London office, the first step is a telephone interview since i was in London. Two days later, I had the final interview. After two week, I am still waiting for the response. I called them up asking why they didn't post the result yet. They told me to wait for another several weeks. They didn't say that they put me on hold. I'd love to know actually do anyone here receives the response already? The final interview is on March 27th Friday.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

the interview consisted of 3 parts: scheduler assignment, java and sql questions, interview with a vp to check my motivation and why I want to work in Goldman Sachs. I had to go to their office and have the interview.

Interview Questions

• what java patterns you know? Explain the decorator and factory design patterns.   Answer Question

Spring Week Investment Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I filled an online application - inputting previous work experience, submitting a cover letter, cv and current grades and i got invited through for interview. I was asked to arrive for the interview at the London office. They asked general competency and topical questions on the current state of the economy and banking industry.

Pharmaceuticals Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Telephone interview consisted of HR staff briefing me on the interview process and requirements. First round was a one on one interview with two senior Pharma analysts. Interview lasted 45 minutes. Questions included generic ones on my past work experiences, technical financial accounting questions and a stock pitch.

Interview Questions

• How many airplanes are in the sky above the UK at any given moment   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

I send an online application in December and they called me back at the end of January to interview three days after. I succeed in that interview and I am waiting for the next.
    The first interview was one to one and lasted half an hour, with an executive director of the securities division.

Interview Questions

• Some questions about my CV, special my work experience that did not fit exactly with what is expected from a securities candidate. Which markets I follow. Probability question   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Fairly straightforward, know your math. Know why you want the job, sell yourself as mathematicaly capable, and honestly just be friendly. Interviwers were friendly, nothing to complain there but dont be surprised if they walk out of the interview because they have a meeting

Spring Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

I went through an online numeric test and was invited to a first round interview (face-to-face). After that, I had an interview with a VP which was largely casual. While a first round was competency based, a second round interview involved more market-oriented type of questions, such as what happened in Swiss Franc in Jan 2015 and how it affects the market? A week later I got the call from HR that I am invited to their Spring week programme.

Interview Questions

• Competency-based:
      Which extracurricular activities are you involved on-campus? When conflicts arose between members, how you handled the situation?
      What is your greatest strength and how can you contribute to the division of interest?

Answer Question