Goldman Sachs Interview Questions in London, England

Updated Aug 22, 2015

3.3

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The initial screening was a mix of technical and fit questions with a VP and further 2 rounds of interviews were with MD level execs. Focus was on team fit and on high level valuation concepts.

Interview Questions

• How would value a company that was previously successful but has recently lost significant market share because of a single event?   Answer Question

C++ Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

The process was started by a staffing agency. They arranged for a phone interview with two GS engineers. The interview itself followed a normal path i.e., starting by talking about one's current work and then questions related to C++.

Interview Questions

• - A question about how to shrink a C++ container capacity when it is bigger than the real size of the container. - A question about C style string comparison.   Answer Question

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

1st. Stage Interview All in all a good experience. Met with 2 current Associates. General behavioural questions, walk me through your cv, why Goldman etc. A few operation specific questions. It sounds obvious but make sure you do relevant research on the division you are applying to. Useful to know the skills required, this will give you an idea of how to answer the questions and to an extent the kind of questions you may be asked.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a personal challenge you experienced (in a work environment) and how you overcame this Give me an example of a situation where you improved/ streamlined a process.   Answer Question

Middle Office Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Initially stated to be a 3:1 interview panel it turned out to be 2:1. Straight to "Tell us about you last role". Very Serious. Know your previous position well. Know your CV well. Know why you want to work for GS. Strengths, Weaknesses. Problem solving. Know the team (what they do).

Interview Questions

• Minutes as degrees on an analog clock   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

2 stages of interviews. Each stage consists of 3 sets of interviews. Mostly interviewing with the team you are applying for. It was fairly quick process. A week to get a call from HR, a week to set up the first stage of interview. They proceeded with the next stage and it was a week after. In a week, they told me their decision.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions related to experiences I listed on my resume   Answer Question

Quantitative Investment Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

I submitted my CV on company's website, and got the interview within 1 week. 1 hour interview with 2 heads (half an hour for each): The first one asked me about some skill-based coding questions; and the second one asked me about some idea-based trading questions and brainteaser questions. Both of them asked me about the education background, experience, and career motivations.

Interview Questions

• Quenstions cover all fields of Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, and Finance.   Answer Question

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview process for my division was rather long. One route was to go through the internship program where you spent 10 weeks on the trading floor meeting people and being quizzed. Another method was to interview and this was not particularly easy and also consisted of 10+ interviews in most instances.

Interview Questions

• Questions around markets both equities and fixed income.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

As the standard here for London office, the first step is a telephone interview since i was in London. Two days later, I had the final interview. After two week, I am still waiting for the response. I called them up asking why they didn't post the result yet. They told me to wait for another several weeks. They didn't say that they put me on hold. I'd love to know actually do anyone here receives the response already? The final interview is on March 27th Friday.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

the interview consisted of 3 parts: scheduler assignment, java and sql questions, interview with a vp to check my motivation and why I want to work in Goldman Sachs. I had to go to their office and have the interview.

Interview Questions

• what java patterns you know? Explain the decorator and factory design patterns.   Answer Question

Spring Week Investment Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I filled an online application - inputting previous work experience, submitting a cover letter, cv and current grades and i got invited through for interview. I was asked to arrive for the interview at the London office. They asked general competency and topical questions on the current state of the economy and banking industry.