Goldman Sachs Interview Questions & Reviews in London, England

3.3

139 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in May 2010.

I had a 'super-day' style interview, where I remained in one room, and a series of GS people came to interview me in turns. The themes to the interviews were: technical skills and experience, problem solving and analytical thinking, and GS fit.

Everyone I saw was very positiive about GS and what it had to offer.

Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2008.

There was also several 'info' sessions whereby we were invited to mingle with existing employees. They said it was optional but really it was make or break. After I joined and helped with recruitment, we would stay around after event to compare notes on the candidate if they seemed intelligent, asked the right questions etc.

Interview Questions
    • You have to take the CFA admist long working hours. If you fail, you are out. The work consumes your life until it becomes your life. Forget about having a social life. How do you feel about that?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2011.

Be yourself and do not fall into the trap of provocation

Interview Questions
    • Assuming you have a large cube shaped by small cubes together, their number is 1000
      How many cubes will be visible?
        View Answers (4)

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2011.

Extremely challenging brainteasers and maths questions, two rounds of phone interview of 1 hr each. Friendly interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Find the optimal strategy to solve a specific card game.   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in April 2013.

Only had a first round interview with two members of the team one been a manager the other a supervisor, they did a quick fire round of questions very technical focused.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me about the levels of risk to the trading systems   Answer Question

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2009.

The process lasted 2 months max but it was 2006; I applied online with no referral, approximately 16 interviews in 3/4 rounds because i was selected by three different teams. First screening was written test and then all in person interviews. I got offer from all of them

Interview Questions
    • The teasers because they are always unexpected and it is difficult to understand if you are following the correct path   Answer Question
    No negotiation, it was pretty standard and above my expectations out of university

Junior FX Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Please note that this was for academic year 07/08.

Recruitment for the grad programme had already ended and I think they had lost a grad on the FX desk. They were trying to fill that place post initial recruitment. Therefore this may not have been the usual process. I had no HR/competency round.

First stage:
    I had 2 one-on-one interviews and a written numerical test.
    -Interviews were with members of the desk.

Second stage:
    I had 4 one-on-one interviews, again with desk members.
    -I was rejected after these but there may have been further stages.

I'm not sure whether it was a ploy or accidental but I asked each one of my 4 interviewers for water in the second stage. They all said somebody would bring it. No one did. Pretty annoying.

In my opinion, it was the 'right' kind of process. No nonsense 'blag-able' competency questions. Well, for the most part (there was one lady that did the whole 'what 3 words would your friends use to describe you?'). Very practical process, in general. Test of knowledge, ability and mettle. At least you could sleep happy knowing that the best man/woman for the job got it.

I was mostly tested on technical knowledge of the markets. There was one very tough interview where you had to do mental arithmetic under pressure. Unlike other companies asking you how you react to pressure, this one guy put you under it and saw how you reacted. Made sense. I'm very good at mental arithmetic (and could answer them if relaxed) but struggled when bombarded with difficult questions in the interview scenario. Fair play. It told him what he needed to know.

Interview Questions
    • All the interviewers had very different questions. The mental arithmetic under pressure was the hardest part.   Answer Question

One Year Placement In Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I applied online and within a week I received an invite for the first interview in London. This consisted of two 2:1 interviews, both competency based. However some questions were asked which were quite specific to the Services division. I received another email five weeks later inviting me to the second round interview. This consisted of four 2:1 interviews, all competency based again. However, again, more questions quite specific to the particular division I was applying for. Five days after the interview I received a phone call congratulating me on receiving an offer for the placement year.

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2013.

Interview set up by a recruiter for a specialist role. When I turned up for first interview realised it was a broader role. Not sure if spec provided was accurate or recruiter misled. Interview one was scheduled for 30 mins and was more about me and my goals, experiences and knowledge of GS. Questions straight forward and lasted about 45 mins.

Second interview also scheduled for 30 mins. With two senior managers who asked similar questions to interview 1 but wanted more concise answers. Also tested my ability to think with challenging questions. Interview cut off at 30 mins exactly.

Interview Questions
    • How many ping pong balls fit in a 747? This question caught me of guard as was not expecting any trick questions in the second interview   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2014.

I applied in December, have been invited to the first round interview after 5 weeks, then after 3 days, I've been invited again to a second round interview, which consisted of 3:30 interviews with senior operations representatives. The first round interview (1:30) was very relaxed, questions were based on my CV, why ops and why GS!!! the questions of The second round interview were more specific (my advise is learn your CV and what u did in details) it's very important. I finally received an offer after 3 days.

Interview Questions
    • I wrote a report within my degree about IKEA's operations so I have been asked how do you think IKEA controls its ops in order to deliver a product on time?   View Answer
    If you really want to have the position then accept it straight forward

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!