Goldman Sachs Interview Questions in London, England

Updated Aug 22, 2015

3.3

Pharmaceuticals Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Telephone interview consisted of HR staff briefing me on the interview process and requirements. First round was a one on one interview with two senior Pharma analysts. Interview lasted 45 minutes. Questions included generic ones on my past work experiences, technical financial accounting questions and a stock pitch.

Interview Questions

• How many airplanes are in the sky above the UK at any given moment   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

I send an online application in December and they called me back at the end of January to interview three days after. I succeed in that interview and I am waiting for the next. The first interview was one to one and lasted half an hour, with an executive director of the securities division.

Interview Questions

• Some questions about my CV, special my work experience that did not fit exactly with what is expected from a securities candidate. Which markets I follow. Probability question   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Fairly straightforward, know your math. Know why you want the job, sell yourself as mathematicaly capable, and honestly just be friendly. Interviwers were friendly, nothing to complain there but dont be surprised if they walk out of the interview because they have a meeting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Living outside the UK, I only had 1 phone interview after submitting my online application (private info + letter of motivation + CV). However for UK residents there is a phone interview followed by an interview at the office if successful. The interview lasted 30 min and there was only one interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Do you follow the news? If yes, please give an example of a recent economics news that has striken you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

I went through an online numeric test and was invited to a first round interview (face-to-face). After that, I had an interview with a VP which was largely casual. While a first round was competency based, a second round interview involved more market-oriented type of questions, such as what happened in Swiss Franc in Jan 2015 and how it affects the market? A week later I got the call from HR that I am invited to their Spring week programme.

Interview Questions

• Competency-based: Which extracurricular activities are you involved on-campus? When conflicts arose between members, how you handled the situation? What is your greatest strength and how can you contribute to the division of interest?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Online application + 1on1 Interview on site. Whole process took around 2 months and was extremely professional. Efficient HR and provided feedback on application and interview in under one week.

Interview Questions

• Mainly questions on the market and its state. Talked also about dervivs. Also competency questions applied to real life situations. If you had 5 pieces of work for 5 MD and you didn't have time to do them what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online after attending a divisional event. Got an email invitation to a first round interview the next morning. One 30 minute interview with a senior securities representative. CV, competency based with some brainteasers and technical questions. A knowledge of everything on your CV is essential. Expect the unexpected.

IBD Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Interview

Offered first round interview after the screening process in the London Office. Was asked basic competencies - Why banking, Goldman etc. Then was asked questions on market conditions, asked for a stock pitch, etc some technical questions.

Interview Questions

• If you could work for Goldman Sachs or take a million pounds, which would you choose and why?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst - Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online and a week later received an invite to go straight to their London offices for the 1st round interview which is composed by a case study followed by two 30 minute interviews. The case study was about automatically fitting variable sized widgets into variable sized screens for a computer application. It had three questions, the first was close ended while the other two are more of a way for them to see how you think through problems. You are given 30 minutes and draft papers were you are supposed to sketch down your answers for the first interview. I did write some pseudo-code which can be a plus, however what you write down is not the most important but rather how you respond to new questions and constraints set by the interviewer regarding the case and your method. The second interview is some predefined competency questions, about you, teamwork and leadership. I was told the next day that I had made it to the next round, which took place 1 week and a half later. The second round is composed by three 30 minute interviews and despite the email saying they would all be competency based only one happened to be so. The first interview was with a vp and despite being a normal random conversation or about something on your cv, expect questions about team work and leadership. The next two interviews were a mix of small algorithmic problems with some talk about the company and the experience of the interviewers themselves. Every interviewer will give you time to ask questions at the end so make sure you have some, at the expense of sounding uninterested. All interviewers were young, sympathetic and helpful but don't expect them to look interested with whatever you're saying. All the recruitment process was smooth and I was very pleased with it. The time GS takes to reply may vary between candidates. They are usually fast but might also not say anything for a month and then invite you for an extra interview.

Interview Questions

• Alphabetically ordering 300MB of words with 100MB of storage. The complexity of a given sorting algorithm.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst - Technology Interview

Application

Interview

2 interviews: 1 analytical based about the web design and during the 2-1interview, the interviewer keep changing the condition and the requirements for the question, and ask me to write the code. 2.competency base based on CV and previous experience, teamwork. Still waiting for response