Goldman Sachs

3.3

160 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Securities Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2014.

I applied online in November 2013 - had a phone interview in mid-January 2014. After 4 weeks I was invited to London in start-March where I had 3 individual interviews. First two interviews was very relaxed, some questions regarding the markets and behavioral questions. The third interview was much more technical.

Interview Questions
    • I had to pitch a stock, which I had prepared for, but afterwards became very technical in terms of valuation questions.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I applied in December, was called for my first interview fairly quickly. This was a one on one 30 min interview, purely fit 'talk me through your CV'. I had to wait nearly three weeks until they got back to me, I was invited to the final round which was three thirty minute interviews, a mix between fit and technical.

Technology Analyst Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I had two rounds interview which are similar. In first round, there is exercises and then we need to explain our answers.

Interview Questions
    • In technical question, they expect you to answer optimal solution. like in IQ test :D   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2014.

Applied online, was invited for a first round interview where we were given 30 minutes to read through and work out possible solutions to an analytical thinking exercise based on cloud computing, then spent 30 minutes explaining my approaches and possible solutions to one person and last but not least a 30 minute one-on-one interview about my competencies, questions included details about projects on my CV and how I would definite a highly motivated person, what I knew about goldman sachs and so on. Was invited to the final round about 3-4 days after, where I had 3 30 minute interviews, 1 one-on-one and 2 two-on-one interviews, again mainly based on competencies and a lot of questions about projects on my CV. A few technical questions were also asked. Now waiting to hear back!

Interview Questions
    • What would you say to me if you were working at Goldman Sachs and I was a customer wanting to invest in clean, renewable energy in a particular area and a I was contemplating collaborating with one of the main competitors of GS?   Answer Question

One Year Placement In Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I applied online and within a week I received an invite for the first interview in London. This consisted of two 2:1 interviews, both competency based. However some questions were asked which were quite specific to the Services division. I received another email five weeks later inviting me to the second round interview. This consisted of four 2:1 interviews, all competency based again. However, again, more questions quite specific to the particular division I was applying for. Five days after the interview I received a phone call congratulating me on receiving an offer for the placement year.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2014.

I applied in December, have been invited to the first round interview after 5 weeks, then after 3 days, I've been invited again to a second round interview, which consisted of 3:30 interviews with senior operations representatives. The first round interview (1:30) was very relaxed, questions were based on my CV, why ops and why GS!!! the questions of The second round interview were more specific (my advise is learn your CV and what u did in details) it's very important. I finally received an offer after 3 days.

Interview Questions
    • I wrote a report within my degree about IKEA's operations so I have been asked how do you think IKEA controls its ops in order to deliver a product on time?   View Answer
    If you really want to have the position then accept it straight forward

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2014.

First round interview with two future colleagues

General questions about yourself based on CV and about potential competitors and general economic view. Interviewers were very friendly and the interview was more casual then I expected.

No tests before interview.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2014.

Applied online in early December, got an email 3 weeks later saying 1st round interviews will be scheduled. Heard back only in late January (so don't panic if it takes ages for them to get back to you...). 1st round interviews included 2 half hour sessions with two interviewers at a time, asking mostly behavioural questions and about past experience, skills, etc. A lot of 'tell me about an experience where you've had to show leadership/creativity' etc. Heard back after a long while, 3 weeks maybe. 2nd round interviews included 2 one-on-one sessions, same sort of interview, only this time I was also asked about specific roles/divisions I'd be interested in. Final interview was a more informal group meeting with a VP and another interviewee, asking what we look forward to, what we fear the most, what role we'd be most interested in. Only heard back after emailing a follow up email, 5 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Describe one of your hobbies as if you are talking to a person who has never heard of it before.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2014.

One 30min analytical exercise, 30mins discussing the exercise. Then a 30min competency interview. If you get through you are invited back for department interviews

Interview Questions
    • Questions regarding app development, Java objects, classes.
      Analytical exercise was based on calculating how much it would cost the company to rent cloud computing power by the hour and daily in different time zones.
      Competency test was taken by graduates or workers that have been there a few years.

Answer Question

Global Compliance Division Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2014.

Online application on their career website. They call me for a phone interview, scheduled a week later. The phone interview was 30 minutes and they ask me to resume my cv, experiences in details, motivational questions, experiences of group work, and recent changes. Now I'm waiting to go to London for the in-person interview as the phone interview was successful. They are really nice and can make you feel comfortable.