Goldman Sachs Interview Questions in London, England

3.3

146 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in June 2013.

Had an interview with Brain teaser and probability questions

Asked the 100 sided die question and pirate sharing wealth question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

A lot of brainteasers and typical quant interview questions. Friendly interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • You have 10 mice and 1000 bottles of wine. You also have 24 hours before a party, and one of the bottles has been tainted with a slow acting poison, which takes 24 hours to kill a mouse. In the 24 hours you have remaining, how many bottles can you guarantee safe for human consumption (assume humans and mice react identically)? Assume the lethal dosage is insignificant relative to the size of the bottle.   View Answers (4)

IT Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

No big surprises here. Usual questions about OO, garbage collection, threads, events and etc. Phone interview was purely technical. So I would say it was not harder than any other banks I've tried.

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in April 2013.

Only had a first round interview with two members of the team one been a manager the other a supervisor, they did a quick fire round of questions very technical focused.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me about the levels of risk to the trading systems   Answer Question

Summer Analyst/Internship Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

After applying online, I received a telephone call informing me that I had been selected for an interview. The interview involved a short discussion and some numerical/spatial reasoning tests (multiple choice). After completing this interview, I was called in for a second interview which involved discussing my experience, background and competencies with someone from a team, apparently selected by HR, with which I was going to work for the following two and a half months. The questions were simple and the interviewer very friendly. I had not prepared for this interview, but I managed to answer pretty much everything he asked me and we continued discussing several video game development related questions (he seemed to be keen on graphics software)

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult technical questions in this interview. If I had to pick one 'challenging' question, that I also found quite interesting, was to discuss, in detail, my participation and technical aspects of a project that I worked on in the past.   Answer Question

Spring Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

apply online (October) + 1 round of interview (Jan/Feb). There will only be one round of interview for the spring programme.
    At the interview, the senior member/interviewer will go through your past work experience on CV, ask questions which will allow you to talk about your skills set (only competency)
    Result will be given via phone call the next week

Interview Questions
    • What skills do you think are the most valuable to succeed at GS?   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2013.

Applied through the university. Was interviewed in two rounds which consisted of a problem solving scenario with explanations, competency and technical interviews. I was interviewed by 7 different people from different departments in the technology division. While the process was nerve racking the interviewers however were very friendly

Interview Questions
    • Beign asked how i would use a C/C++ library in Java.
      Also had to answer questions on how I would prioritize scarce computing resources in displaying news quickly to the dashboard I designed.
        Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Applied online, had 1 round of interview at London office. Application process was straightforward and easy. No test required. Booked interview slot online. No assessment centre. Friendly staff, modern interior.

No negotiation

GIR Long Term Internship Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

First round phone interview: consisted of market questions and pitch me a stock. They also asked some questions on current events and the overall macro economical situation. The rest of the interview was more about why i was applying and what was my longterm goal in the future. They are quite friendly when interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think will happen in the midterm in Europe given the macroeconomic situation?   Answer Question
    Invited to final round.

Securities Spring Insight Interview Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Online application, followed by one interview. The interview was really nice but quite challenging. They grilled me on current issues, current stock prices, reasons for why they have changes recently.

Interview Questions
    • What is the equivalent of oil and shale gas in food?
      Explain three types of derivatives.
      What is the price of a unit of orange juice?
        Answer Question