Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Goldman Sachs
- Summer Analyst (266)
- Operations Analyst (186)
- Analyst (109)
- Technology Analyst (92)
- Intern (65)
- Summer Analyst - Technology (52)
- Software Engineer (51)
- Investment Banking Analyst (42)
- Financial Analyst (37)
- Associate (34)
- Operations Summer Analyst (28)
- Technical Analyst (27)
- Quantitative Analyst (23)
- Strategist (22)
- Vice President (22)
- Analyst/Developer (20)
- Business Analyst (18)
- Senior Analyst Developer (16)
- Programmer Analyst (15)
- Finance Analyst (14)
- Operations Associate (14)
- Credit Risk Analyst (12)
- Financial Analyst - Private Wealth Management (11)
- Senior Software Engineer (11)
- Investment Banking Summer Analyst (11)
- Legal Analyst (11)
- Technology Summer Analyst (10)
- Summer Technology Analyst (10)
- Controller (9)
- New Associate Programmer Analyst (9)
Market Risk Analyst Interview
Applied online and through UCS, first round interview. Two interviewers, really nice. 50% fit 50% quantitative. Brain teaser at the end: two people going from A to B, one walking at 10 mph, one biking at 25 mph. They start together, but whereas the first one walks linearly from A to B, the biker as soon as he reaches the walker bikes back to A and then bikes again to the walker and then back and forth again till the walker arrives at B. What's the distance covered by the walker?
- Can you give the definition of probability space? What is the definition of probability? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs
Market Risk Analyst InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 3+ months – interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Tokyo (Japan)) in December 2013.
Went through 3 rounds of phone interviews.
There were technical questions for all 3 rounds, but mainly focused on financial products, types of market risk, and macroeconomic news.
Focused on Beta (correlation if you owned 2 stocks in a portfolio), CAPM.
- Tell me how you would analyse stocks in a portfolio 1 Answer
Through HR who dropped me a call, followed up by emails containing details.