Goldman Sachs New Analyst Interview Questions

3.3

New Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I just met them briefly at a university information session, and gave them a copy of my resume. A few days later they called back for an interview. The interview was 4 back-to-back 30 minute interviews. 2 interviewers with 1 interviewee. They introduced themselves, then asked me to go through my resume. In between they would ask questions relating to the job, company, etc. They said they would get back to us in a week or two.

Interview Questions

• Please rate the importance of risk management, employee relations, efficiency   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied for the finance division, and I was interviewed for the controllers position. I was contacted initially via email for a telephone screening. A week after the screening, I was contacted for a on-site interview only two days later. The interview was two, half-hour interviews with two people each time.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about the doings of the European Central Bank, which was relevant to my resume.   Answer Question

New Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2014.

Interview

Met with recruiter at university career fair. Received email to interview with Goldman the following week. They took care of flight arrangements to and from Dallas, it was all very easy. I met with two teams looking to hire new grads. Both interviews were composed of 3 thirty minute interviews with different people on the teams. I was asked a variety of technical and behavioral questions about previous work experience and university course work.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were faced with an ethical dilemma, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2010.

Interview

The phone interviews were very easy, only behavioral questions. You should know exactly why you want to work for Goldman Sachs and if you are coming from a background different from finance, you should definitely relate it to why you want to work in finance. Be very relax and honest. Prepare good examples form your past professional and educational experiences and use good keywords when you describe your skills such as leadership, team-oriented, innovator, etc...

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation when you worked in a group and it didn't work well. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

New Analyst Interview

Interview

Two 30 minute competency based interviews. Everyone was really nice and made you feel comfortable