Goldman Sachs

3.3

437 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Quantitaive Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2014.

One phone screen, then superday interview. 4 rounds in the morning about technical side. Few more rounds in the afternoon about personality fitting. It is not extremely difficult if you know your projects extremly well and you have very relevant background.

Interview Questions
    • What is cointegration and correlation? What is Black Litterman. What's multifactor model.   View Answer

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I was contacted by a Goldman Sachs internal recruiter who had a position that I was interested in. She forwarded my resume to another recruiter who approved it and sent it over to the hiring team. It was also approved by the hiring team and they brought me in for 4 initial interviews with members of the CMO team. It was 4 interviews with 4 different individuals each lasting 30 minutes each. The interviews were fairly straight forward nothing really too tricky. I was then invited back a few days later for 4 more interviews with 4 senior members of the team including two VPs. After these interviews I was scheduled to have a call with HR. This call was scheduled and then rescheduled and then cancelled. I was later called by one of the aforementioned recruiters and told that "Due to budget constraints they would not be filling the position this year". I don't know if this was just being nice or it is actually the true story. Anyway it struck me as extremely unprofessional to bring me into 8 separate interviews for a position they never intended on filling. It was an interesting process with Goldman Sachs but I was not happy with the end result and I doubt I will look for opportunities inside the company again.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Had on-campus interview, which was pretty easy and asked about basic array and string manipulation. Onsite in NJ was pretty difficult as they dove into more difficult algorithmic problems, which I hadn't learned about. It was a very stressful interview in general, and you really need to know in-depth CS concepts to impress your interviewer.

Strats Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I applied through school career site. First round was about resume, several behavioral questions, probability and brain teasers. the whole process is about 45 minutes and not too hard. at the end, he asked if I have any question for him.

Interview Questions
    • for the specific class I have took, he asked which book I was using and who is the professor.   Answer Question

Strats Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I applied through school's career service, and had the first round on-campus interview. There were many students from engineering, especially computer science, and financial engineering/financial mathematics, and statistics. They ask questions upon your resume. The questions will vary with your background. Knowing the concepts is the most important but it will not be more than that appears on your midterm exams.

Interview Questions
    • As a statistics question, they asked to solve specific statistics problem as well as to describe probability density function of normal and uniform distribution.   Answer Question
    • They asked to implement a program that finds a sub array with the highest sum among an array of integers.   View Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through other source – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

The interview process was 4 back-to-back interviews which were a half hour each. However, the interviews were quite informal and were all behavioral questions. It was a little tiring talking about yourself with 4 different groups of people but it was quite laid back. Luckily I signed up for the interview slot where there was a 45 minute break for lunch so that was nice to have. Otherwise, not a bad process whatsoever.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do when you had a to make a difficult decision?   Answer Question

Securities Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2014.

Accelerated Process - Superday with 3 back to back 30 minute interviews

Mostly behavioral and market questions. Questions like, "Tell me a trend in the equities market..." "What is your view on the global economy?..." "Why Goldman Sachs?..." "Tell me about a time you had to lead a team?"... Very resume based...

first interview was 2 on 1, second was 1 on 1, third was 2 on 1.

Interview Questions
    • What is the one thing you're most looking for in an ideal job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2014.

On Campus Interview - two 30 minute interview, one technical and one behavioral.
    The technical interview was more about testing your analytical skills and your approach to solving a problem.

On Site Interview - two 45 minute 2 on 1 interview follow by a networking session
    Know your resume very well. Both interviews involved technical questions and resume questions.

Even though I didn't get the internship, the interview process was well organized and I had enjoyable experience and learn a lot about the interview process and what I need to work on.

Interview Questions
    • What happens when you type in google.com into the web browser.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2014.

I went to a school which Goldman doesn't come to. I got a phone interview from someone in the technology department. There weren't so many questions regarding myself as a whole rather it was mostly technical stuff on Java. Some examples: 1) what is inheritance? 2) what is polymorphism? 3) does every class need a constructor? There were some other very technical questions on data structures. They asked what tech skills I have? SQL, Unix, HTML etc...?

Interview Questions
    • How would you create a deck of cards using object oriented programming? If there are 3 boxes of marbles, one black one white and one mixed. They are mislabled (And forsure wrong) if you could pick one marble from any box you choose can you determine all 3. (a. yes b/c pick from labled mixed and you know its definitely white or black then you can tell the other one is mixed and figure out them all) - i got this and they still didnt give me the internship:(   View Answer

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

After applying online HR called me to schedule an onsite 3 half hour interviews. The first one was mostly behavioral but the next two interview were only technical questions. Some of the questions that I remember were: 1) given an array of integers design an algorithm that prints how many times each number appears in the array e.g. [1, 5, 2, 5] so 1: 1 , 2: 1, 5: 2. 2) Given an integer make a function that reverses that integer. 3) Solve the best time to buy and sell a stock problem.

Interview Questions
    • Design an efficient algorithm that checks if a LinkedList, that holds a trillion elements, is circular or not.   View Answers (2)