Goldman Sachs Operations Analyst Intern Interview Questions

3.3

Operations Analyst Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I applied for this position through the career services at my school. They emailed me asking for an interview to which I said yes. There was an information session the night before the interviews that was mostly a question and answer session with the recruiters - mostly one on one, wait in line to talk to each. The interviews were back to back 30 minute sessions with 2 recruiters each. Both were mostly behavioral (tell me about yourself, asked about my job, when did you face adversity, a situation where your ethics were called into question..). Overall a pretty easy interview.

Interview Questions

• If you emailed a client the information of another customer, what would you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

GS representatives came to our school's career fair. They held informational sessions and a interview prep day where you could meet your interviewers before interview day. The next day on campus, we each had two interviews- a 30-minute session with one person, and a 30-minute session with two people. A few candidates received offers that weekend. Others received their offers 4-6 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you were faced with an ethical dilemma and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2010.

Interview

Initial communication began with on campus career fair in conjunction with career services office. They invited me to interview on campus one week after the career fair. Multiple Goldman reps showed up to our campus totaling 8. And they interviewed 4 people per hour. You would begin your interview with 2 Goldman reps and general problem solving questions would be asked, along with questions aligned to your resume. The first interview lasts exactly thirty minutes, and after you are placed in a different room with two different Goldman reps which continue to ask you situation questions and resume based questions. This interview also lasts 30 minutes and after the interview process has concluded. They interviewed about 28 total students from my school. I received my offer 2-3 weeks after the interview, which is the exact time they said the offers would be given out. They will still call you if you have been declined for the internship, but this call does not go out till about 4-6 weeks after the initial interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of Goldman Sachs Operations Division   Answer Question
    • Customer Service Exp, Example in how you have improved a system, Situation based question. The majority of the interview is based on your problem solving skills and competence.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offer is given as prorated 40,000 salary over 10 week summer internship. So about $866/week, plus overtime which is half pay. Additional $1000 living expense is given, and up to $1000 moving expense is given.