Goldman Sachs

Updated Jan 14, 2015

2.9

171 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Applied online. Got an email inviting me to the first round of interview. Got through that and invited me for a second round a week later. First round, one interview with two people and second round consisted of 3 interviews again with two employees each.

Interview Questions
  • Standard competency questions. Give an example when you have worked in a team, why finance, why Goldman Sachs, why operations, tell me about yourself.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Applied through school and then online. Was contacted about 2 months later. This was for operations analyst position in Hong Kong with the Corporate Services. Had about 5-6 phone and video interviews with CSRE division around the world.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2015.

For me this was a three tier interview process. I met with the recruiters at a career fair and actually originally spoke to a representative of the Finance Division; however, the Operations Division representative overheard the conversation and told me I would be better suited for his division. He asked me to describe my work experience, and strangely enough he was right it aligned more with Operations than Finance. I gave him my resume' in hopes that he would give me some good news, he kind of shrugged and just told me to apply online if I was interested, and I assumed the opportunity was done.

About two weeks later I got a call from their SLC office, and he scheduled an interview for me to speak with someone in ops over the phone from their NYC offices. I applied for the internship online officially after the interview setup over the phone. Many people from my school received the phone interview. There was a miscommunication on the date of when I was supposed to speak with the interviewer, and I was shocked to get a call on Black Friday while I was shopping and not prepared but I still took the phone interview. It was 15 minutes, and the interviewer asked basic questions basically going over my resume and if I knew what operations did at Goldman. She was very pleasant to talk to and it ended being less an interview and her giving me advice and talking about her experience at Goldman.

About a week later I received an email congratulating me and inviting me to Super Day. Of the 10 people that made it to the phone interview from my school, I was the only that made it to Super Day (maybe because I also applied online helped because I also received the Congrats on the career login as well). Super Day was a round robin of two 30-minute interviews. I had a one-on-one interview where I was asked the why Goldman questions (why Goldman, what part of the division would you work, and how my experience would help at Goldman). The second interview was a two-on-one interview where the questions were all behavioral and situational (describe when you made a mistake, how do you address big problems, what does this word mean on your resume in simple terms, etc.) For me the experience was rather easy because I have quite a bit of work experience that I was easily able to apply to each question naturally. This interview went fairly well too. All three interviewers opened up to me and also basically provided me advice and insight into their experiences. Had the interview on Friday and got notified Wednesday.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation you have been a situation where you were morally conflicted, and you saw someone commit an act that goes against your morals but you went along with it because society says its okay.   Answer Question
    N/A

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2014.

I was flown over to their SLT office for the interview. There were 4 interviews in various booths, each lasting 30 minutes. The interviewers were very friendly and easy to talk to. Most of the questions were personality based. I got a couple of technical questions but that's because I mentioned some of my finance experience. I thought the interviews went very well but it takes them a long time to decide (over two weeks). I later pulled out of the application process, before I could find out if I got the job or not, as I accepted another job.

Interview Questions
    • tell me about yourself - not difficult but one of the interviewers phrased it in an odd way
      tell me about a time you witnessed someone do something unethical in the workplace. what did you do about it?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Two two on one interviews after applied through company website. Got an email saying possible dates to schedule interviews. Set up interview and went through with it. Pretty standard internship hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • Rank efficiency, risk management, and customer service from most to least important   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I applied online and was contacted a few days later. They flew me out to Salt Lake City and I interviewed with them in person. Nothing they asked was unexpected or a curveball. It was a round robin of four interviews in 30 minute intervals.

Interview Questions
    • Rank the following in order from most to least important: Customer service, risk management, and efficiency   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Applied online and received an email to schedule an onsite interview in SLC. They hosted a bunch of other interviews that day with other students. You attend back-to-back 30 minute interviews. Both interviews had two interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. They are all behavioral. Tell me of a time you witnessed something unethical in the work place and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2014.

Applied online for summer internship position through GS website and through campus careers site. Called to come-in for an on campus interview. 2 back to back 2-on-1 interviews with Associate/VPs. Very friendly yet also serious. It's an "easier" entry to GS but don't think that this would be a path into the firm's other divisions (IBD, Securities i.e.). The interviewers would know if you really are interested in Ops or into somethings else like investment banking. Be humble and candid but also have some emotion.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of work do you think an FX Operations Analyst do daily?
      Tell me a time when you questioned and repealed and redefined laws?
      Mostly fit questions

View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through other source – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

The interview process was 4 back-to-back interviews which were a half hour each. However, the interviews were quite informal and were all behavioral questions. It was a little tiring talking about yourself with 4 different groups of people but it was quite laid back. Luckily I signed up for the interview slot where there was a 45 minute break for lunch so that was nice to have. Otherwise, not a bad process whatsoever.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do when you had a to make a difficult decision?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I originally met with Goldman for an informational interview on my college campus. I later applied online through my career services at school. About 3 weeks later I got invited to Salt Lake City for a series of interviews that lasted 2 hours in total. The interviews aren't particularly difficult at all. Most of the questions are behavioral or ethical in nature. The interviewers are very friendly so there is no reason to be nervous. Be prepared to answer why you want to work for Goldman, Why Operations, and come up with a few examples of ethical dilemmas you've been through and operation processes you have helped improve in past work (if applicable). Be confident and you will get it. They are more testing your personality than your qualifications.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you identified and improved a process at past work?   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate.