Goldman Sachs Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.9

148 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I applied online and was contacted a few days later. They flew me out to Salt Lake City and I interviewed with them in person. Nothing they asked was unexpected or a curveball. It was a round robin of four interviews in 30 minute intervals.

Interview Questions
  • Rank the following in order from most to least important: Customer service, risk management, and efficiency   Answer Question
No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Attended information sessions on campus, submitted application online. At the final round, went through four 30-minute interviews. Most of the interviewers were very nice and friendly. All the questions were behavioral so there wasn't really anything unexpected. They seem to like diverse backgrounds but they still want to see that you're passionate about the job and the industry.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

I received an email from Goldman requesting a resume drop. Applied online and heard that I was selected for final round interviews in Salt Lake a week and a half later. The interview process consisted of four back to back interviews of 30 minutes each. Each interview had two VPs with different departments. Questions were mainly behavioral, and it appeared your process of thinking a question over was more important than the final answer. They are also looking for a good fit, so they'll ask many questions to see if you would work well with their team. By the last few interviews it was difficult to keep the intense focus they are looking for, but that is probably part of what they are looking at as well. Received an offer about three weeks after the interviews. Overall good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Mainly Questions to see how you think about processes. When was a time you failed in front of people and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    No Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

They recruit actively at my school, so a week after dropping off my resume I was sent an email to complete the online application. Two hours after I completed it (make sure you are very thorough and specific, there is a minor cover letter requirement which I recommend paying careful attention to), I was invited to Superday.

Hassle-free interview process (logistically), just follow instructions and reach out with any questions. HR is extremely efficient with communication. I only wish that their reimbursement process was faster, otherwise firm covers all travel, meal, lodging expenses.

4 interviews, 30 minutes each, back-to-back, with senior staff. Round-Robin esque. Interviewed alongside 7 other candidates (mainly from Ivy League/big-name schools, but don't lose your confidence). Interviewed on Wednesday, was given a phone call the following Monday morning.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in May 2014.

Went in the superday interviews at the Jersey City office. Three half hour back to back interviews with VPs and MD. No technical questions just behavioral. Thought the interview went well but got a call saying they will not be continuing with my application.

Analyst Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

12 interviews over a 2 day period

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

3 in-person interviews with VPs and a MD, 2 company interview dinners. Asked basic questions like why GS, why ops, what is your 10 year goal, your background…etc. Last one was with a MD. I was asked to describe the image of Goldman, news that interested me recently and why.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us your experience that you made a significant difference in processing.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Saw them at the career fair and had an interview

Interview Questions
    • what was a time you made a process more efficient? tell me about your self.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2014.

Did the phone interview, went really well. Got an email few days later for super day at the ops headquarters in jersey city. The recruiters were very helpful. The email included a list of 3 opportunities I was being considered for. I was very well prepared, interviewers said I was over qualified for the positions. 3 30 min interviews. Mostly behavioral questions. Contacted the recruiter after waiting for 3 weeks. Got a call on the 4th week and didn't get an offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2014.

applied online at the end of Nov. 2013, received HR e-mail in the middle of Dec. 2013, interview took place on Jan. 7, 2014; 4 back-to-back interviews in SLC; HR called me a week later.

Interview Questions
    • if you want to do well, prepare following questions: 1. why GS 2. why operations 3. tell me one experience you have that improved a process's efficiency 4. asked lots of team experiences 5. r u always a leader or you have leader qualities

Go through your resume carefully, they ask deep questions on what you listed in resume. For example, i was an accounting major student, they asked "what is the most difficult formula you have used in excel?" "ranking 1 for best 10 for worst, how will you rank your excel skill?" "how did you review a financial statement?" I am pretty sure they just want to hear your logic, understand how you think.

Also be honest! In the first interview, they asked me "what is risk control?" I said i dont know but i could give a definition and example based on my experiences and understanding. After i finished my story, they were pleased and told me "we only hiring honest ppl, thx for being honest."
        Answer Question