Goldman Sachs

Updated Dec 12, 2014

2.9

162 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Two two on one interviews after applied through company website. Got an email saying possible dates to schedule interviews. Set up interview and went through with it. Pretty standard internship hiring process.

Interview Questions
  • Rank efficiency, risk management, and customer service from most to least important   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I applied online and was contacted a few days later. They flew me out to Salt Lake City and I interviewed with them in person. Nothing they asked was unexpected or a curveball. It was a round robin of four interviews in 30 minute intervals.

Interview Questions
    • Rank the following in order from most to least important: Customer service, risk management, and efficiency   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Applied online and received an email to schedule an onsite interview in SLC. They hosted a bunch of other interviews that day with other students. You attend back-to-back 30 minute interviews. Both interviews had two interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. They are all behavioral. Tell me of a time you witnessed something unethical in the work place and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through other source – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

The interview process was 4 back-to-back interviews which were a half hour each. However, the interviews were quite informal and were all behavioral questions. It was a little tiring talking about yourself with 4 different groups of people but it was quite laid back. Luckily I signed up for the interview slot where there was a 45 minute break for lunch so that was nice to have. Otherwise, not a bad process whatsoever.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do when you had a to make a difficult decision?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I originally met with Goldman for an informational interview on my college campus. I later applied online through my career services at school. About 3 weeks later I got invited to Salt Lake City for a series of interviews that lasted 2 hours in total. The interviews aren't particularly difficult at all. Most of the questions are behavioral or ethical in nature. The interviewers are very friendly so there is no reason to be nervous. Be prepared to answer why you want to work for Goldman, Why Operations, and come up with a few examples of ethical dilemmas you've been through and operation processes you have helped improve in past work (if applicable). Be confident and you will get it. They are more testing your personality than your qualifications.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you identified and improved a process at past work?   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Attended information sessions on campus, submitted application online. At the final round, went through four 30-minute interviews. Most of the interviewers were very nice and friendly. All the questions were behavioral so there wasn't really anything unexpected. They seem to like diverse backgrounds but they still want to see that you're passionate about the job and the industry.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

I received an email from Goldman requesting a resume drop. Applied online and heard that I was selected for final round interviews in Salt Lake a week and a half later. The interview process consisted of four back to back interviews of 30 minutes each. Each interview had two VPs with different departments. Questions were mainly behavioral, and it appeared your process of thinking a question over was more important than the final answer. They are also looking for a good fit, so they'll ask many questions to see if you would work well with their team. By the last few interviews it was difficult to keep the intense focus they are looking for, but that is probably part of what they are looking at as well. Received an offer about three weeks after the interviews. Overall good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Mainly Questions to see how you think about processes. When was a time you failed in front of people and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    No Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

They recruit actively at my school, so a week after dropping off my resume I was sent an email to complete the online application. Two hours after I completed it (make sure you are very thorough and specific, there is a minor cover letter requirement which I recommend paying careful attention to), I was invited to Superday.

Hassle-free interview process (logistically), just follow instructions and reach out with any questions. HR is extremely efficient with communication. I only wish that their reimbursement process was faster, otherwise firm covers all travel, meal, lodging expenses.

4 interviews, 30 minutes each, back-to-back, with senior staff. Round-Robin esque. Interviewed alongside 7 other candidates (mainly from Ivy League/big-name schools, but don't lose your confidence). Interviewed on Wednesday, was given a phone call the following Monday morning.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

i was only asked behavioral questions, no technical questions. They hire different majors and you don't necesseraly need to be the best to get hired. On the contrary, they'd rather hire someone that is less experienced and has less ambitions, because these people generally stay within operations division longer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

Met them at the Society of Women Engineers national conference, talked to two people, told me position was very competitive and not hiring a lot of engineers, got an email the next week inviting me to interview with their Salt Lake City office. Flew out for "super day" they call it, you have four back to back 30 min interviews, behavioral questions, be prepared why finance, why GS, challenging environments been a part of, thought I did alright in the interview, very intense environment

Interview Questions

Salary low, wanted engineering work