Goldman Sachs Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.9

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in August 2015.

Interview

After 2 phone interviews within 2 weeks, Invited at their super day. Three 30 minute interview with VPs and an associate took every candidate to Goldman offices. Interviewers were nice. They took notes when I answered their questions. Got a call after 2 days with no offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview process took bout 4 months. Started with many phone conference calls with many different VP's then was flow out for an onsite interview which was a "superday". The interviewers were all very humble and not overbearing whatsoever. The flight and accommodations to the onsite interview were all expensed and was given time to explore the area to get a feel for it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Interview

on campus interview, back to back interview, people there are nice. prepare to tell a story on each questions and have more interactive should be good. you can get back as soon as one week later. overall, the interview is the basic interview, and all are behaviour questions. questions you need to prepare Tell me about yourself. What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? Why do you want this job? Where would you like to be in your career five years from now? What's your ideal company? What attracted you to this company? Why should we hire you? What did you like least about your last job? When were you most satisfied in your job? What can you do for us that other candidates can't? What were the responsibilities of your last position? Why are you leaving your present job? What do you know about this industry? What do you know about our company? Do you have any questions for me?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

I was asked if I would consider the operations position in place of the position I applied for by the recruiter. I said I would and was sent to SLC that following Friday for superday. There I had 2hours worth of interviewing with 8 interviewers, 2 interviews in each session. I thought the interviews on superday went great and was hopeful to hear an offer in the coming days. However, the following Monday I received an email stating that I was not selected for the position. I am very surprised and was really looking forward to the position and culture at the SLC office. I have asked for feedback, but doubt I will receive an email back. The interview questions were all behavioral and ethical based.

Interview Questions

• Why GS? Why operations? Describe a time where your ethics were in question. Describe a time when you improved a process efficiency. What appeals to you about SLC? Do you see yourself here in the next 2-5 years. What is risk? What is risk within the divisions? ...etc.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

4 back to back interviews in a roll without break, and people were put in two different rooms and after we talked, one is for the people who majored in business or related ones while the other is not. There was one people finished the interviews really quick and some took longer and I think the ones that took longer are good ones.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Submitted resume online and was contacted a few weeks later to Superday at the Jersey City offices. Three interviews back to back in 30 minute intervals. The first two were 2 on 1. However the last interview was with one person, a VP. Very standard questions, with nothing being much of a surprise. Most of the interviewers asked the same questions so it did become a repetition game after a while but the process wasn't too bad. However the questions that I thought they were going to ask, did not get asked. With one or two questions about my resume, or Why GS? and Why Operations? Most questions were about my resume, with them going in very great detail.

Interview Questions

• Why is your GPA so low? (Didn't expect this since there is not GPA minimum requirement on website or job description as is the case with most jobs)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

a recruiter set me up with an interview pretty quickly and never had a phone interview, only an interview in person with 2 members of the team for 1.5 hours

Interview Questions

• Mostly fit questions give examples of when/how you've addressed challenging tasks and saw them through to completion give examples of times you've had to repeat monotonous tasks in your work how would you deal with a conflict with another employee   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email inviting me to the first round of interview. Got through that and invited me for a second round a week later. First round, one interview with two people and second round consisted of 3 interviews again with two employees each.

Interview Questions

• Standard competency questions. Give an example when you have worked in a team, why finance, why Goldman Sachs, why operations, tell me about yourself.   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2014.

Interview

I was flown over to their SLT office for the interview. There were 4 interviews in various booths, each lasting 30 minutes. The interviewers were very friendly and easy to talk to. Most of the questions were personality based. I got a couple of technical questions but that's because I mentioned some of my finance experience. I thought the interviews went very well but it takes them a long time to decide (over two weeks). I later pulled out of the application process, before I could find out if I got the job or not, as I accepted another job.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself - not difficult but one of the interviewers phrased it in an odd way tell me about a time you witnessed someone do something unethical in the workplace. what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2014.

Interview

Room with four interviewers, all asked the same set of questions. Felt repetitive and that they had a hard time keeping people in Salt Lake City. Interviewers did not seem genuinely interested in the process. Spoke with some workers while I was waiting for the interview and work culture seemed relaxed but boring.