Goldman Sachs Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2015
Updated Mar 8, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Two two on one interviews after applied through company website. Got an email saying possible dates to schedule interviews. Set up interview and went through with it. Pretty standard internship hiring process.

Interview Questions
  • Rank efficiency, risk management, and customer service from most to least important   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2014.

Room with four interviewers, all asked the same set of questions. Felt repetitive and that they had a hard time keeping people in Salt Lake City. Interviewers did not seem genuinely interested in the process. Spoke with some workers while I was waiting for the interview and work culture seemed relaxed but boring.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Applied online and received an email to schedule an onsite interview in SLC. They hosted a bunch of other interviews that day with other students. You attend back-to-back 30 minute interviews. Both interviews had two interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. They are all behavioral. Tell me of a time you witnessed something unethical in the work place and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I applied online and was contacted a few days later. They flew me out to Salt Lake City and I interviewed with them in person. Nothing they asked was unexpected or a curveball. It was a round robin of four interviews in 30 minute intervals.

Interview Questions
    • Rank the following in order from most to least important: Customer service, risk management, and efficiency   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2014.

Applied online for summer internship position through GS website and through campus careers site. Called to come-in for an on campus interview. 2 back to back 2-on-1 interviews with Associate/VPs. Very friendly yet also serious. It's an "easier" entry to GS but don't think that this would be a path into the firm's other divisions (IBD, Securities i.e.). The interviewers would know if you really are interested in Ops or into somethings else like investment banking. Be humble and candid but also have some emotion.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of work do you think an FX Operations Analyst do daily?
      Tell me a time when you questioned and repealed and redefined laws?
      Mostly fit questions

View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through other source – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

The interview process was 4 back-to-back interviews which were a half hour each. However, the interviews were quite informal and were all behavioral questions. It was a little tiring talking about yourself with 4 different groups of people but it was quite laid back. Luckily I signed up for the interview slot where there was a 45 minute break for lunch so that was nice to have. Otherwise, not a bad process whatsoever.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do when you had a to make a difficult decision?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2014.

I went to an info session in my school and gave them my resume. I got an interview for a week later. The day of the interview I had 4 interviews with 2 GS employees on each. Questions where mostly behavioral and team work related.

Interview Questions
    • Think about a time that you have had a conflict with a team member for certain activity. How did you solve this issue?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2014.

went through 2 sets of interviews, they were about 30 mins each. The actual interview was not too bad. there were a few tough questions. I think the main thing is to be confident and KNOW YOUR RESUME.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I originally met with Goldman for an informational interview on my college campus. I later applied online through my career services at school. About 3 weeks later I got invited to Salt Lake City for a series of interviews that lasted 2 hours in total. The interviews aren't particularly difficult at all. Most of the questions are behavioral or ethical in nature. The interviewers are very friendly so there is no reason to be nervous. Be prepared to answer why you want to work for Goldman, Why Operations, and come up with a few examples of ethical dilemmas you've been through and operation processes you have helped improve in past work (if applicable). Be confident and you will get it. They are more testing your personality than your qualifications.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you identified and improved a process at past work?   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Attended information sessions on campus, submitted application online. At the final round, went through four 30-minute interviews. Most of the interviewers were very nice and friendly. All the questions were behavioral so there wasn't really anything unexpected. They seem to like diverse backgrounds but they still want to see that you're passionate about the job and the industry.