Goldman Sachs Operations Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

141 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2014.

applied online at the end of Nov. 2013, received HR e-mail in the middle of Dec. 2013, interview took place on Jan. 7, 2014; 4 back-to-back interviews in SLC; HR called me a week later.

Interview Questions
  • if you want to do well, prepare following questions: 1. why GS 2. why operations 3. tell me one experience you have that improved a process's efficiency 4. asked lots of team experiences 5. r u always a leader or you have leader qualities

Go through your resume carefully, they ask deep questions on what you listed in resume. For example, i was an accounting major student, they asked "what is the most difficult formula you have used in excel?" "ranking 1 for best 10 for worst, how will you rank your excel skill?" "how did you review a financial statement?" I am pretty sure they just want to hear your logic, understand how you think.

Also be honest! In the first interview, they asked me "what is risk control?" I said i dont know but i could give a definition and example based on my experiences and understanding. After i finished my story, they were pleased and told me "we only hiring honest ppl, thx for being honest."
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Operations Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Applied through OCR. Took a week to get the interview and another week to get a rejection email.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2013.

Submitted through Campus career site. Called in for final interview super day. It was 4 thirty minute interviews back to back. The interview took place in their Jersey City offices. Interviewers were all nice and easy going. Mostly behavioral questions. Interviewers were mostly VPs but I was also interviewed by a couple of Associates and Analysts in the division.

Interview Questions
    • If you realized you sent a the wrong client classified information from another client's account how would you rectify the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2013.

I was initially contacted by a recruiter and invited for an interview at the Main Street location. I was interviewed 3 times by six different people, the interviews took about 30 minutes each, so I was there for nearly 2 hours.

Interview Questions
    • If we contacted your boss right now, what would he say is your biggest weakness and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I interviewed online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Applied to one of the Diversity/ Leadership Symposiums and got invited for an afternoon event to learn about the firm, Salt Lake City and Operations specifically. I had 2 sets of 30 minute interviews with 2 people each time and the same when I returned 3 weeks later for the second round.

Interview Questions
    • Can you see yourself living in Salt Lake- not difficult but unexpected.   View Answer
    • What is going on in the media relating to Goldman   View Answer
    • Rank customer service, ethics, and .... explain why you ranked as such.   View Answer
    • An ethical dilemma you've encountered.   Answer Question
    Non negotiable

Operations Analyst Interview

networking event at first and then got an email on having a interview two months after. did not get the first round interview, and it looks like the last round of interview.
         one hour interview with two Vice president. there are two round and every time have two president. i

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2013.

I applied through the Goldman Sachs Careers website, and was contacted within the same month to interview in their New Jersey office. Overall, I felt like the people that I interviewed with were very passionate about their work at Goldman Sachs, and were interested to see if you would be, as well.

Interview Questions
    • What is Operations, and how do you feel that your current choices mirror this career choice?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I applied online and received a phone call a few weeks later explaining I was chosen for an interview. It was short notice but I was luckily available. I was fortunate enough to have 6 interviews on their "super day." All interviewers were extremely friendly and pleasant. There were usually 2 interviewers per half hour interview.

Interview Questions
    • Was there ever a process that you had to make simpler or more effective?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2013.

I went to a GS info session for GIR on campus in October, and applied for GIR first and added Operations at the last minute just to see. I didn't hear anything until late November, when a campus recruiter emailed saying they were having trouble opening the resumé I had uploaded in my application, and asked for me to email her a copy directly. I sent her the resume, and received an email that same day inviting me to Salt Lake City for a superday the next week. GS flew me out from L.A. for 4 back-to-back interviews, all set up in one room separated by screens. The energy in the office was extremely low, which I found surprising, and the interviewers were cordial but seemed like they would rather be anywhere else. Overall, the atmosphere was depressing and unimpressive.

Interview Questions
    • The interviews were standard personality fit- All 4 interviewers asked about an ethical dilemma I had faced, and how I worked in a team/problems I had encountered while working on a team and how I fixed them/why Goldman. There were some questions about my resume, but only one interviewer asked about risk management and my previous relevant experience in depth. The interview questions aren't too bad, but the glazed over eyes of the interviewers may dent your confidence.   Answer Question

Company Website