Goldman Sachs Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 28, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Boulder, CO) in November 2014.

Interview

I went to an info session in my school and gave them my resume. I got an interview for a week later. The day of the interview I had 4 interviews with 2 GS employees on each. Questions where mostly behavioral and team work related.

Interview Questions

• Think about a time that you have had a conflict with a team member for certain activity. How did you solve this issue?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

went through 2 sets of interviews, they were about 30 mins each. The actual interview was not too bad. there were a few tough questions. I think the main thing is to be confident and KNOW YOUR RESUME.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

I originally met with Goldman for an informational interview on my college campus. I later applied online through my career services at school. About 3 weeks later I got invited to Salt Lake City for a series of interviews that lasted 2 hours in total. The interviews aren't particularly difficult at all. Most of the questions are behavioral or ethical in nature. The interviewers are very friendly so there is no reason to be nervous. Be prepared to answer why you want to work for Goldman, Why Operations, and come up with a few examples of ethical dilemmas you've been through and operation processes you have helped improve in past work (if applicable). Be confident and you will get it. They are more testing your personality than your qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you identified and improved a process at past work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Attended information sessions on campus, submitted application online. At the final round, went through four 30-minute interviews. Most of the interviewers were very nice and friendly. All the questions were behavioral so there wasn't really anything unexpected. They seem to like diverse backgrounds but they still want to see that you're passionate about the job and the industry.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2014.

Interview

I received an email from Goldman requesting a resume drop. Applied online and heard that I was selected for final round interviews in Salt Lake a week and a half later. The interview process consisted of four back to back interviews of 30 minutes each. Each interview had two VPs with different departments. Questions were mainly behavioral, and it appeared your process of thinking a question over was more important than the final answer. They are also looking for a good fit, so they'll ask many questions to see if you would work well with their team. By the last few interviews it was difficult to keep the intense focus they are looking for, but that is probably part of what they are looking at as well. Received an offer about three weeks after the interviews. Overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• Mainly Questions to see how you think about processes. When was a time you failed in front of people and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

They recruit actively at my school, so a week after dropping off my resume I was sent an email to complete the online application. Two hours after I completed it (make sure you are very thorough and specific, there is a minor cover letter requirement which I recommend paying careful attention to), I was invited to Superday.

Hassle-free interview process (logistically), just follow instructions and reach out with any questions. HR is extremely efficient with communication. I only wish that their reimbursement process was faster, otherwise firm covers all travel, meal, lodging expenses.

4 interviews, 30 minutes each, back-to-back, with senior staff. Round-Robin esque. Interviewed alongside 7 other candidates (mainly from Ivy League/big-name schools, but don't lose your confidence). Interviewed on Wednesday, was given a phone call the following Monday morning.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

i was only asked behavioral questions, no technical questions. They hire different majors and you don't necesseraly need to be the best to get hired. On the contrary, they'd rather hire someone that is less experienced and has less ambitions, because these people generally stay within operations division longer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2014.

Interview

Met them at the Society of Women Engineers national conference, talked to two people, told me position was very competitive and not hiring a lot of engineers, got an email the next week inviting me to interview with their Salt Lake City office. Flew out for "super day" they call it, you have four back to back 30 min interviews, behavioral questions, be prepared why finance, why GS, challenging environments been a part of, thought I did alright in the interview, very intense environment

Interview Questions

Salary low, wanted engineering work

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in May 2014.

Interview

Went in the superday interviews at the Jersey City office. Three half hour back to back interviews with VPs and MD. No technical questions just behavioral. Thought the interview went well but got a call saying they will not be continuing with my application.

Analyst Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

12 interviews over a 2 day period