Goldman Sachs Operations Analyst Interview Questions in London, England

3.2

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2014.

I applied in December, have been invited to the first round interview after 5 weeks, then after 3 days, I've been invited again to a second round interview, which consisted of 3:30 interviews with senior operations representatives. The first round interview (1:30) was very relaxed, questions were based on my CV, why ops and why GS!!! the questions of The second round interview were more specific (my advise is learn your CV and what u did in details) it's very important. I finally received an offer after 3 days.

Interview Questions
  • I wrote a report within my degree about IKEA's operations so I have been asked how do you think IKEA controls its ops in order to deliver a product on time?   View Answer
If you really want to have the position then accept it straight forward

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2013.

I have attended the first round interview and been invited to the second round. The whole interview process was very relaxed. It was a 2 to 1 and CV based interview. My interviewers were from different teams under Operations, and they have worked for Goldman for six years. In addition, the only one question which was not based on my CV was about my understanding of Operations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

First I did the online application. Then, I was invited for my first interview . After 1 week , I had my Second round of interviews . received an offer 24h after my last interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2011.

Was a 2 to 1interview where the questions were situational based and about Goldman Sachs. The asked me to explain my current role and explain in detail the processes I undertake on a daily basis and why. They also asked questions surrounding my reasons for leaving my current company. Furthermore they asked me why I was interested in the role I was interviewing for and why I wanted to work for GS.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2011.

Tell me about your extracurricular activities?

Who is the person most influential to you?

What is your greatest accomplishment to date?

Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years in regards to your career?

What is the difference between a manager and a leader?

What is one characteristic you have that would prevent us from hiring you?

What are you excel skills?

Interview Questions
    • If you are on the phone with a client and they want you to make a decision, however, you aren't 100% sure on what to do. What do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2011.

one 2 to 1 interview in the first round n three 2 to 1 in second round
    competency based
    scenario question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2010.

The final round interview consisted in 3 different 2:1 interviews. Each interview lasted about 30 minutes. It was pretty intense especially considering there were no breaks in between.

I would suggest to have ALOT of questions ready as at some point (even at a very early stage of the interview) they will ask you if you have questions and they tend to answer rather quickly so you might end up in an unconfortable situation: you do not know what to ask anymore and they will end the interview well before the 30 minutes limit.

Another tip is to remeber names while shaking hands with interviewers. This might sound obvious but that is not so easy when you are under pressure. So at beginning of my 2nd interview the guy asked me who interviewed me before and I could not answer (such an idiot i know!).

Overall it was a positive experience and all the interviewers were friendly and extremely competent as you would expect from a high profile company like GS.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2009.

I applied online in the mid of September. Heard back from them end of October. They called and gave me exact date and time for the phone interview, so no real opportunity to choose. Two interviewers were from different sub-divisions, very nice and friendly. The interview lasted for little bit more than 30 min.

Interview Questions
    • How did you get interested in IB? Why do you want to work for GS?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your experience of working in a team. Have you ever worked with someone you had difficultiles to communicate with?   Answer Question
    • Situation when you need to make a decision without any information available   Answer Question

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!