Goldman Sachs

Updated Dec 12, 2014

3.1

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2014.

2 rounds of interviews, the first round was a 2:1 panel and consisted of mainly behavioral, although try not to give the typical answers for Why GS and Why Ops. They hear these answers from 100s of others so try stand out when answering these.

2 days later I was invited to the Final round which consisted of 3 back to back interviews, all behavioral however when I myself mentioned something technical that I had read in the news they did ask follow up questions so make sure you understand anything that you talk about. All in all very friendly and well organised.

I received my offer a week later.

Interview Questions
  • If you were taking 100 people from A to B, how would you go about doing it   Answer Question
No negotiation, it is a graduate contract

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

Very simple process. You send cv and cover letter. within 2 weeks you'll get a response. You qualify for a first round interview. Which is very competency based. Why GS? Why Ops? strengths and weaknesses.. Core skills examples etc. Then you may qualify for a second round interview. Which is 3x 2 to 1 interviews with reps from ops. Again, very cv based, know your cv by heart. read everything you can about gs. know the share price. the ceo. recent mentions of GS in the news and your opinion on it. make an impact

Interview Questions
    • nothing really. everything really predictable. this is what makes it even harder   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2014.

Most of the questions were about why I did want to go to Operations and why Goldman Sachs. They expected you to provide many examples on several skills. For example I was asked whether I knew the main tasks an operations analyst did and to provide an example on me resolving a technical problem.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me an experience where you had a moral conflict. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2014.

I applied in December, have been invited to the first round interview after 5 weeks, then after 3 days, I've been invited again to a second round interview, which consisted of 3:30 interviews with senior operations representatives. The first round interview (1:30) was very relaxed, questions were based on my CV, why ops and why GS!!! the questions of The second round interview were more specific (my advise is learn your CV and what u did in details) it's very important. I finally received an offer after 3 days.

Interview Questions
    • I wrote a report within my degree about IKEA's operations so I have been asked how do you think IKEA controls its ops in order to deliver a product on time?   View Answer
    If you really want to have the position then accept it straight forward

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

First I did the online application. Then, I was invited for my first interview . After 1 week , I had my Second round of interviews . received an offer 24h after my last interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2013.

I have attended the first round interview and been invited to the second round. The whole interview process was very relaxed. It was a 2 to 1 and CV based interview. My interviewers were from different teams under Operations, and they have worked for Goldman for six years. In addition, the only one question which was not based on my CV was about my understanding of Operations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2013.

completed the online form and was the invited to two rounds of interviews. All competency based - very simple. Interviews were with VPs and A2 analysts and were all very similar to each to other, after the second interview I just found myself repeating myself. People were very nice. no brain teasers or market based questions. focused on why GS and what skills I had previously shown.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2011.

Tell me about your extracurricular activities?

Who is the person most influential to you?

What is your greatest accomplishment to date?

Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years in regards to your career?

What is the difference between a manager and a leader?

What is one characteristic you have that would prevent us from hiring you?

What are you excel skills?

Interview Questions
    • If you are on the phone with a client and they want you to make a decision, however, you aren't 100% sure on what to do. What do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2011.

Was a 2 to 1interview where the questions were situational based and about Goldman Sachs. The asked me to explain my current role and explain in detail the processes I undertake on a daily basis and why. They also asked questions surrounding my reasons for leaving my current company. Furthermore they asked me why I was interested in the role I was interviewing for and why I wanted to work for GS.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2011.

one 2 to 1 interview in the first round n three 2 to 1 in second round