Goldman Sachs Operations Analyst Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated May 28, 2015

2.9

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

As the standard here for London office, the first step is a telephone interview since i was in London. Two days later, I had the final interview. After two week, I am still waiting for the response. I called them up asking why they didn't post the result yet. They told me to wait for another several weeks. They didn't say that they put me on hold. I'd love to know actually do anyone here receives the response already? The final interview is on March 27th Friday.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Standard online application. Submit CV and cover letter online. Invited for face to face interview about 2 weeks later. Interview was with two vice presidents (they had both been with the firm for about 8 years each). Pretty standard questions about CV, a lot of competency questions. A good talking point is the firm's culture and their 14 business principles. I would recommend mentioning some of those that stand out for you.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews, the first round was a 2:1 panel and consisted of mainly behavioral, although try not to give the typical answers for Why GS and Why Ops. They hear these answers from 100s of others so try stand out when answering these.

2 days later I was invited to the Final round which consisted of 3 back to back interviews, all behavioral however when I myself mentioned something technical that I had read in the news they did ask follow up questions so make sure you understand anything that you talk about. All in all very friendly and well organised.

I received my offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• If you were taking 100 people from A to B, how would you go about doing it   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, it is a graduate contract

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2014.

Interview

The application process is simple; just a cover letter and CV to be submitted. I then waited a month before I was invited to the first round of interviews. The day after I completed my interview (one to one and entirely based on competency, with the opening question being 'Tell me about your main accomplishments'), I was invited to the 2nd round of interviews, which I am yet to complete.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you've made a mistake and had to recover from it?   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

After sending your cv and cover letter in the online application process, you would then be invited to a first round interview. The interview lasts for 30mins and it was with 2 Senior Operations members which asked mainly competency based questions and question to do with your cv. The second round interview is basically the first round interview but with 3 lots of 30mins interviews with different people.

Interview Questions

• What role do you see yourself doing in the next 10 years?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

2 interviews. First interview lasts 30 minutes and is all about competency based questions and discuss your interest in their company. Nothing tricky.Second interview consists of 3 half an hour interview with different representatives.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you make decisions without any data.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2014.

Interview

Invited to interview after filling in application form, which covered CV, basic cover letter and all grades. Whilst I was given less than 48 hours warning before the interview, I was pleased to get in some good interview practice. One on one interview with a woman in a makeshift cubicle in the cafeteria, it seemed it was a big hiring day, and therefore there was a real impetus to make an impact and be memorable. Weirdly this was the first interview I walked into and felt that the woman interviewing me was doing it for process rather than a real desire to hire anyone else. This however, had the benefit of putting me at ease, since I felt the job was already out of reach. I took the experience as a chance to perfect how I interview and really gain insight into operations.

Interview Questions

• Truthfully, I missed the mark on one of the basic questions - 'why operations'. Seemed to panic and rambled, therefore I didn't even convince myself. However, at the end of interview, I asked the woman interviewing me why she enjoys working in operations. Her answer was one that rested heavily in teamwork and her enjoyment in working with people.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

Very simple process. You send cv and cover letter. within 2 weeks you'll get a response. You qualify for a first round interview. Which is very competency based. Why GS? Why Ops? strengths and weaknesses.. Core skills examples etc. Then you may qualify for a second round interview. Which is 3x 2 to 1 interviews with reps from ops. Again, very cv based, know your cv by heart. read everything you can about gs. know the share price. the ceo. recent mentions of GS in the news and your opinion on it. make an impact

Interview Questions

• nothing really. everything really predictable. this is what makes it even harder   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process began with an online application after which followed a telephone interview with two vice presidents at the firm.

Telephone interview concentrates on your CV and your soft skills, such as leadership, teamwork, communication and similar. The questions are very standard and do not challenge one's mind too much.

Following the telephone interview, one is to expect to be invited to attend three more interviews at their offices in London. All three interviews are conducted by two people, usually vice presidents at the firm. The first interview is based around the applicant and his/her CV. They seem genuinely interested in knowing you. The second interview is a technical one where you get asked more difficult technical questions, however, you will not need to calculate anything. Sample question might be: "Which risk do you consider to be more important: financial or regulatory?". The last interview is competency-based where they want to know where you demonstrated communication, teamwork, leadership, quick-learning and other skills. Once again, nothing too difficult or unexpected.

After the interviews one expect three outcomes: to receive an offer if successful, not to receive an offer if unsuccessful and to be put on hold if your application is somewhat average. They promise to give feedback within three working days, however, in reality it will take around ten.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about a time when you had to explain a complex concept in simple terms to a group of individuals? How did you ensure that everyone understood it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

Most of the questions were about why I did want to go to Operations and why Goldman Sachs. They expected you to provide many examples on several skills. For example I was asked whether I knew the main tasks an operations analyst did and to provide an example on me resolving a technical problem.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an experience where you had a moral conflict. How did you handle it?   Answer Question