Goldman Sachs

www.goldmansachs.com

Goldman Sachs Operations Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews in United Kingdom

Updated Jun 6, 2014

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied in December, have been invited to the first round interview after 5 weeks, then after 3 days, I've been invited again to a second round interview, which consisted of 3:30 interviews with senior operations representatives. The first round interview (1:30) was very relaxed, questions were based on my CV, why ops and why GS!!! the questions of The second round interview were more specific (my advise is learn your CV and what u did in details) it's very important. I finally received an offer after 3 days.

Interview Question – I wrote a report within my degree about IKEA's operations so I have been asked how do you think IKEA controls its ops in order to deliver a product on time?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – If you really want to have the position then accept it straight forward

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details – First round-1 30minute interview

Interview Question – Tell me a time you've had to break down complex info to convey it to others   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2013.

Interview Details – I have attended the first round interview and been invited to the second round. The whole interview process was very relaxed. It was a 2 to 1 and CV based interview. My interviewers were from different teams under Operations, and they have worked for Goldman for six years. In addition, the only one question which was not based on my CV was about my understanding of Operations.

Interview Question – What is your understanding of Operations?   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – First I did the online application. Then, I was invited for my first interview . After 1 week , I had my Second round of interviews . received an offer 24h after my last interview.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you took a risk ?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – first round interview, pretty standard competency questions, why gs why operations, teamwork, challenging situation. interviewers were really nice, make sure you have some good questions for the end. try to seem as chilled out as possible, look them in the eye, smile and try to joke around.

Interview Question – Challenging situation and how you coped with it   Answer Question

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details – I had a number of interviews. Included an online application... once that was done, I was invited to a first round competency interview. After completing that, I was invited to 10 subsequent rounds and then was finally offered the position as an investment analyst.

Interview Question – How do you deal with people who don't like you?   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

The process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2011.

Interview Details – Was a 2 to 1interview where the questions were situational based and about Goldman Sachs. The asked me to explain my current role and explain in detail the processes I undertake on a daily basis and why. They also asked questions surrounding my reasons for leaving my current company. Furthermore they asked me why I was interested in the role I was interviewing for and why I wanted to work for GS.

Interview Questions

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2011.

Interview Details – Tell me about your extracurricular activities?

Who is the person most influential to you?

What is your greatest accomplishment to date?

Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years in regards to your career?

What is the difference between a manager and a leader?

What is one characteristic you have that would prevent us from hiring you?

What are you excel skills?

Interview Question – If you are on the phone with a client and they want you to make a decision, however, you aren't 100% sure on what to do. What do you do?   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2011.

Interview Details – one 2 to 1 interview in the first round n three 2 to 1 in second round
competency based
scenario question

Interview Questions

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2010.

Interview Details – The final round interview consisted in 3 different 2:1 interviews. Each interview lasted about 30 minutes. It was pretty intense especially considering there were no breaks in between.

I would suggest to have ALOT of questions ready as at some point (even at a very early stage of the interview) they will ask you if you have questions and they tend to answer rather quickly so you might end up in an unconfortable situation: you do not know what to ask anymore and they will end the interview well before the 30 minutes limit.

Another tip is to remeber names while shaking hands with interviewers. This might sound obvious but that is not so easy when you are under pressure. So at beginning of my 2nd interview the guy asked me who interviewed me before and I could not answer (such an idiot i know!).

Overall it was a positive experience and all the interviewers were friendly and extremely competent as you would expect from a high profile company like GS.

Interview Question – Why GS?   Answer Question

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!