Goldman Sachs Operations Associate Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

I interviewed with Goldman Sachs for an Operating Associate position. The company's HR called and gave tips for interview prep, which was very helpful for me to focus on exactly what I would expect. I interviewed with four people in two 30 minute sessions. So I was interviewing with 2 people at the same time. The key is too look up people's experience with GS online, be prepared for the questions, make sure you have a STAR for all the questions that you are preparing for. During the interview, be confident, proud and passionate with you have done and the position that you are applying for even though you are only a fresh graduate.

Interview Questions

• What is the risk management in your company? How does it apply to your job? What are the procedures for your department?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

2 rounds--one at my school and one super day which was actually only 2 30-minute sessions

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions--just the usual tell me about yourself, strengths, weaknesses, etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2012.

Interview

I got into the final round, but I didn't get an offer. The questions are mostly behavior questions. If you mention something, they would have some follow up questions. I think the company's interview process is designed to pick the people they really want. I'd say it's somewhat different than other company's interviews that I've seen. Overall, it was a positive experience and I've learned a lot from the process.

Interview Questions

• What are the things you don't like about your current company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Boulder, CO) in September 2011.

Interview

Very intense and difficult interview. The interview was divided up into two separate 30 minute sessions, each with two interviewers. I would describe their style as very aggressive as they try to weed candidates out. They want to see how you react under pressure and they will drill you to make sure you know what you're talking about.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you accidentally sent an e-mail with confidential trade information to the wrong client (who happens to be a competitor of your client)?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2011.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call within 2 days from an extremely professional GS recruiter based in SLC. We chatted for 50 minutes regarding my background and culture at GS and what GS looks for in a candidate. 3 weeks from that conversation, I was setup for two 30 min phone interviews with 2 VPs and 1 Associate.

The interview was all fit questions based on past behaviour. Overall the interview experience was very posistive and I got to interact with few of the most talented people in the industry.

Advise: Be patient as it takes months for the hiring process.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with 5 different individuals in 3 hr period. The first 3 interviews seemed normal. The last two involved more of proving myself and sharing my work experience. The last person that interviewed me and who I believe I would have been reporting to lacked professionalism. The whole interview he looked like he was going to fall asleep. I was really disappointed by the quality of individuals they have working at GS.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2011.

Interview

I had been in touch with the company since the summer. I was invited to their MBA summer camp and got amazing contacts. I applied for their program and kept in touch. I was invited to interview in Jersey City and I had a great time talking to them.

Interview was about my background and my fit with the company and the Operations group.

Very amazing people to talk to during the interview. I cannot speak anything bad about them. It is a great conversation with amazingly smart individuals.

Looking forward to my summer experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation required for internship. I might need to start on a different day due to school, but I am sure that they are willing to help.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2010.

Interview

Never interview during the holiday season. Most the upper managements were out of the office. I interviewed with the team members instead. A lot of questions to ask but did not explain what they actually do.

Associate - Operation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2010.

Interview

I got the interview through a job fair. The interview was mostly behavioural questions. The operations team is looking mostly for fit. You need to tell stories of how good a team player you were.

Operations Associate Interview

Application

interviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2010.

Interview

interviewing at goldman sachs very challenging. you will have to go through multiple rounds. usually 2 on 1. dress very conservative. be sure to send thank you letter. every little bit counts. they may take some time to get back to you with response