Goldman Sachs Operations Interview Questions

2.6

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Operations Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

HR reached out to me several weeks ago and indicated their interest in me. In their E-Mail to me they listed various potential positions I might be considered for. I had altogether 2 rounds of interviews. Each time interviewed by 4 groups of people and each group for ca. 30 minutes. Questions were mostly related to your previous experience therefore as interviewee you always have something to say to answer them. It took almost two week after the first round to hear from them again.

Interview Questions
  • What can you tell me about risk? (Not the definition from the book)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2013.

Applied through campus recruiting. Half the applicants were interviewed. Less than half were hired. Two 30 minutes interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too technical. They are mainly looking for 'fit.'   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2010.

Since I went through a college recruiting site, I had to apply both through Goldman's website and the school's website. I was then notified on whether I got an interview or not based on the prescreening (only take approx. 40% of those who apply for interviews). When you make it to the next step you have someone from Goldman call you to help prep you for the interview (able to ask basic questions, what to wear, what to expect, etc.). The interview then consisted of two separate 30 minute interviews with two interviewers each time. This style proves a tad more challenging because they switch off asking you questions with no breaks or pauses in-between (try to see how you handle the stress). After I received email notification on whether I moved to the next step or not.

Interview Questions
    • What would previous supervisors say is a reason not to hire you?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2013.

The interview in operations came as a 'consolidation' after being rejected for Investment Management. After completing the online application I received no reply and had to contact the firm myself. Once I had contacted them they informed me that they had been planning to contact me on that very same day (3 months late...) and told me that they would like me to come for an interview for operations. The interview itself was quite generic with two interviewers and questions were focused upon self motivation and non-academic achievements.

Interview Questions
    • Explain in as much detail as possible how you were able to solve a problem during a previous internship where you had to deal with a difficult client.   View Answer

Operations Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2011.

2 30min. back to back interviews. Behavioral questions no technical questions.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2011.

Did a lot of research on what people in the group I applied do exactly. Have been asked a lot of technical question regarding the job even though i was coming from different background. Also some questions regarding to news e.g. Lehman crisis

I realised this is not what I want to do.