Goldman Sachs

Average Difficulty
26 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2014.

Interview Details – In the Summer I participated in a GS webinar to learn more about their industry and then submitted my resume after that webinar was completed. A selected number of candidates who were declined previous invitations to be interviewed were given an informational interview and then told to wait until summer internship recruiting begins. I also applied through my school, so I am not sure which one helped me more.

The interview was in their Salt Lake City location and consisted of behavioral questions. Two back to back 30 minute interviews with either one or two people. Every body was very nice and wanted to get to know you better.

Interview Question – Why shouldn't we hire you?   View Answer

Salt Lake City, UT

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2014.

Interview Details – Two back to back 30 minute interview. If you come early, you wait in their beautiful lounge area where you can overlook the entire Salt Lake City. You can also get coffee, water, or tea if your thirsty. The employers come to get you and you are put into another room. During the interview, which could be one or two people, they ask mainly behavioral questions. They were all very nice, very smart and just wanted to get to know you better.

Interview Question – Why shouldn't we hire you?   View Answer

Summer Operations Analyst Interview

Summer Operations Analyst

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details – I applied in February and got an interview in like two weeks. The interview was a final one, and it took place on campus. The process went well and questions were quite typical. Be prepared for a question about ethic. Also, go to the pre-interview event and try to make an impression.

Interview Question – No questions were quite unexpected. Prepare for a questions about ethic.   Answer Question

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2014.

Interview Details – One round interview that consists of two 30-minute back to back interviews, with a total of 4 employers

Interview Question – Range client service, productivity and profit regarding to importance of the company   Answer Question

Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted to schedule an interview a couple weeks after the deadline for the internship, I was given a couple time slots to choose from on a given day and was told there would be two 45 minute rounds. The first round was purely "fit" questions, and the second round was "behavioral," both pretty straightforward and interactive. A couple weeks later they notified me with the decision.

Interview Question – Since I am studying Industrial Engineering, a question that seemed difficult to me was to describe exactly why I wanted to work specifically for Goldman.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got another offer in my hometown.

Salt Lake City, UT

Interview Details – The Operations team had individual "informational" interviews on my university campus, and that same day had a networking session for potential applicants. After several weeks I received an interview, and prior to the interview, there was a networking session for interviewees only. The interview process involved two back-to-back interviews with two Goldman Operations employees. It took about two weeks to get the result of the interviews.

Interview Question – Be prepared to discuss why you want to work for Goldman Sachs and the Operations division. The rest are mostly behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2014.

Interview Details – Went to an on-campus information session in November, networked and received some emails there. Emailed them to follow up, submitted my application online in late December. I received an interview for early February.

The night before the interview, there was a networking session with all the Goldman employees and all the potential candidates. THIS PART IS IMPORTANT. If this is offered to you, you must go! It let's you size up the competition and also gives you a leg up with the interviewer. I had met two of my interviewers at this networking session and made the interview much less stressful.

Interview was two half-hour sessions, two interviewers apiece. All behavioral questions, they were very inviting and easy to talk to. No need to be nervous.

Heard back a week later. First a call, then an offer in the mail.

Interview Question – Questions were all straightforward behavioral ones. Strengths, weaknesses, when you worked in a team. One question to look out for is the following: what is an ethical dilemma you have faced in the past and how did you navigate it?   Answer Question

Operations Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied via my campus recruiting center and had two thirty minute interviews(two people in each room) a week later. Even as a finance major, the questions were all behavioral and relatively easy. I controlled the interview in terms of where it went and stayed focused on Goldman's corporate citizenship and my background. It was a great experience - the GS team was by far the most professional bank I interacted with.

I sent them an email thank you afterwards and didn't hear anything back, but a week and a half later I received a call with an offer for New York. I only had 2 30 minutes interviews with no superdays/trip to NY, but that may have been because I had met my interviewers a few months ago at a career event.

My biggest tip: Know about the culture (GS has a ton of information on their website) and specifically about how important the client is.

Interview Question – Last question: Is there anything not on your resume that makes you a good fit for Goldman Sachs?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Operations Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – Had two 2-1 interviews on campus. Overall a fun and exhilarating process. Interviewers look for passion and candidates with a strong understanding of why they want to be at the firm and why the operations division is a good fit for them.

Interview Question – Why finance? What do you think our daily challenges are?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NA

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2012.

Interview Details – On campus recruiting.

Interview Question – If you were in charge of the MTA, what are 3 things you would fix?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Goldman Sachs

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!

Goldman Sachs Videos

Goldman Sachs – Why Work for Us?

We bring together people, capital and ideas to produce solutions and results for our clients by playing a number of roles: financial advisor, lender, investor and asset manager. A commitment to integrity, team work and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Goldman Sachs Operations Summer Analyst interview questions and advice. All 26 interview reviews posted anonymously by Goldman Sachs employees and interview candidates.