Goldman Sachs

Updated Nov 14, 2014

3.1

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Basic behavioral interview questions. I did not receive any curveballs or anything out of the ordinary. Do your research on the company - explain why you want to work for them. Show you are a good leader, speaker, ethical, well-rounded, and intelligent and you should be fine.

I applied through on-campus recruiting. Two 30 minute, back-to-back interviews with two workers, seniority differed among them all. Received offer about a week and a half later.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a time you had an opinion that differed from the rest of the group.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Had two back-to-back interviews on campus. interviews are all behavioral, specifically a lot of situational behavioral questions such as a time you failed; a time you had a conflict etc.

Operations Analyst Summer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

On campus interview. Two 30 minute interviews back to back with different employees out of the field of operations. 100% behavioral questions, no technical questions. There is no "superday". The interviewers were really friendly and interested. There is no real good way of preparing for this interview, just be yourself.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a disadvantage of diversity and how would you solve it.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst - Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

Attended info session at my university about Operations and applied online. Heard back from HR that GS was interested in me and they paid my train ticket to interview in Jersey City, NJ office for a Superday. 2 30-minute interviews 2:1 with associates & VPs. Mostly behavioral. Nothing technical or that completely threw me off. Haven't heard back yet but feel that the interview went well.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to walk through resume.
      Give a leadership experience.
      Experience with most analytical exposure.
      Why Goldman.
      Why Operations.
        Answer Question

Summer Operations Analyst Interview

I applied in February and got an interview in like two weeks. The interview was a final one, and it took place on campus. The process went well and questions were quite typical. Be prepared for a question about ethic. Also, go to the pre-interview event and try to make an impression.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were quite unexpected. Prepare for a questions about ethic.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I was initially contacted to schedule an interview a couple weeks after the deadline for the internship, I was given a couple time slots to choose from on a given day and was told there would be two 45 minute rounds. The first round was purely "fit" questions, and the second round was "behavioral," both pretty straightforward and interactive. A couple weeks later they notified me with the decision.

Interview Questions
    • Since I am studying Industrial Engineering, a question that seemed difficult to me was to describe exactly why I wanted to work specifically for Goldman.   Answer Question

Got another offer in my hometown.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

The Operations team had individual "informational" interviews on my university campus, and that same day had a networking session for potential applicants. After several weeks I received an interview, and prior to the interview, there was a networking session for interviewees only. The interview process involved two back-to-back interviews with two Goldman Operations employees. It took about two weeks to get the result of the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to discuss why you want to work for Goldman Sachs and the Operations division. The rest are mostly behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2014.

Went to an on-campus information session in November, networked and received some emails there. Emailed them to follow up, submitted my application online in late December. I received an interview for early February.

The night before the interview, there was a networking session with all the Goldman employees and all the potential candidates. THIS PART IS IMPORTANT. If this is offered to you, you must go! It let's you size up the competition and also gives you a leg up with the interviewer. I had met two of my interviewers at this networking session and made the interview much less stressful.

Interview was two half-hour sessions, two interviewers apiece. All behavioral questions, they were very inviting and easy to talk to. No need to be nervous.

Heard back a week later. First a call, then an offer in the mail.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were all straightforward behavioral ones. Strengths, weaknesses, when you worked in a team. One question to look out for is the following: what is an ethical dilemma you have faced in the past and how did you navigate it?   Answer Question

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Had two 2-1 interviews on campus. Overall a fun and exhilarating process. Interviewers look for passion and candidates with a strong understanding of why they want to be at the firm and why the operations division is a good fit for them.

Interview Questions
    • Why finance? What do you think our daily challenges are?   Answer Question
    NA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2014.

In the Summer I participated in a GS webinar to learn more about their industry and then submitted my resume after that webinar was completed. A selected number of candidates who were declined previous invitations to be interviewed were given an informational interview and then told to wait until summer internship recruiting begins. I also applied through my school, so I am not sure which one helped me more.

The interview was in their Salt Lake City location and consisted of behavioral questions. Two back to back 30 minute interviews with either one or two people. Every body was very nice and wanted to get to know you better.