Goldman Sachs Operations Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Good experience. Very professional interviewers. 2 back-to-back 30 min. interviews on campus. Mostly behavioral questions with a few "why finance" questions. Make sure that you know why you want to work for Goldman, besides just saying because they are one of (if not #1) the best IB's to work for. Being up to date on market news and trends also is a plus that you should utilize.

Interview Questions

• Rate risk management, profitability, and customer service in order of importance.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

I had 2 30 min 2-on-1 interviews. They were relatively informal and were easier than expected, they just wanted to get to know you and see if you'd fit in. No technical questions or any brain teasers. Asked to speak about myself, why I wanted to work there, and asked me about some things off of my resume. Know how to speak about yourself professionally and gear it towards to job. I thought I did poorly but got a call a week and a half later saying I got an offer.

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I applied through my university's career website for a diversity symposium. They contacted me and flew me to their office for the event as well as interviews. The interviews were all behavioral, with a lot of questions about how I have worked on/in teams.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to stand alone and support your idea against other team members   Answer Question

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2014.

Interview

2 interviews back to back. Both were 30 minutes and had 2 VPs. They were really easy-going. No technical questions. Be prepared, they will ask you typical behaviour questions, like ethical dilemma etc. They really wanted you to be enthusiastic. They wanted to know if you could be a good fit of the company. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• What role do you play in a team? What is your ideal working environment?   Answer Question

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied online through campus website. Received email about two weeks later to interview in the Jersey City office. It was two back to back 30 minute interviews, each one was two on one. Behavioral questions primarily, as well as tell me about yourself, talking about your resume, the usual. Nothing really unexpected, be ready for the usual questions.

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Had two back-to-back interviews on campus. interviews are all behavioral, specifically a lot of situational behavioral questions such as a time you failed; a time you had a conflict etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied both through my campus career services website along with Goldman's website. Received a phone call about 2 weeks later, asking me to schedule a on-campus interview. I had two 2-1 interviews (back to back) with associates and Vice Presidents of all different teams within Operations. PWM, Asset Management, Clearing, etc. Interview was not too difficult, as long as you know your resume and know why you want to be a part of Goldman Sachs. Do your homework on GS and be knowledgable about the current markets and you're in.

Interview Questions

• Rate in a list of importance; Risk Management, Customer service, and profitability of the firm.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negation. Took offer as is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through my campus career portal and through the website. I knew they do specific recruiting events through ASU, so I attended a brief networking event where I chatted with a girl for 15 minutes and handed her my resume. I was offered an interview which took place on-campus. It consisted of two back-to-back 30 minute interviews, each with two members. I cannot remember off the top of my head what their exact positions were, but they were not just operations analysts but one of them had been working at Goldman Sachs for at least a decade. Most of them were older. The interview was nothing I hadn't already encountered, and the interviewers were very nice. I am a nervous interviewer but they made me feel comfortable. Some positions require a second, on-site interview in Salt Lake City (the office they recruit for at my campus). I did not have to do this interview and received an offer without. I am not sure how that second round works.

Interview Questions

• Describe an ethical dilemma you have been in.   1 Answer
    • Rate your excel skills from 1-10.   1 Answer
    • Explain ______ on your resume.   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

Interview

On campus interview. Two 30 minute interviews back to back with different employees out of the field of operations. 100% behavioral questions, no technical questions. There is no "superday". The interviewers were really friendly and interested. There is no real good way of preparing for this interview, just be yourself.

Interview Questions

• Give me a disadvantage of diversity and how would you solve it.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst - Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

Attended info session at my university about Operations and applied online. Heard back from HR that GS was interested in me and they paid my train ticket to interview in Jersey City, NJ office for a Superday. 2 30-minute interviews 2:1 with associates & VPs. Mostly behavioral. Nothing technical or that completely threw me off. Haven't heard back yet but feel that the interview went well.

Interview Questions

• Asked to walk through resume. Give a leadership experience. Experience with most analytical exposure. Why Goldman. Why Operations.   Answer Question