Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management Operations Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Private Wealth Management Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2014.

Interview

The first day of interviews I had four 30-minute interviews. They asked the typical "Tell me about yourself". They also asked for general questions such as "Why GS?" and "Why Operations". They then asked for specific examples relating to Operations, such as examples of improving a process, or compliance/auditing, etc. They got back to me fairly quickly and I had my second round interviews a week later. The format was the same, consisting with four 30-minute interviews with very similar questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The recruiter asked for my salary expectations in the first round of interviews and details about any other processes/offers; I was told this is because GS does not negotiate salaries and once they extend an offer, you have to accept or decline without going back and forth on salary negotiations.