Goldman Sachs Programmer Analyst Interview Questions

3.3

Programmer Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Asked about previous experiences. Some technical questions about programming in Informix-4GL. How to use case statement and basic SQL statements. How to join and use union. Since they are a financial company they had to ask you to take a drug test too.

Interview Questions
I was there as a consultant.

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Programmer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2014.

One round interviews on campus. Then go to on site. I don't know where I made a mistake, but I think at least being confident is one of the most important factor.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Got a call from a recruiter to go straight to the second-round interview. There was only one team interviewing me, though some people get up to 3 or 4 teams interviewing them. Questions were mostly about my resume, one logic question, very minimal programming. Not very technical at all.

No negotiation accepted for New Associate Programmer Analyst

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2012.

I did two interviews with two team. On the first day, it took 3.5 hours with six people from one team. Each person took 30 mins and all technical question except the last person. Last person spent about an hour, explained a little about the company, and showed their office on 7th floor. It was intensive interview but interview experience was good.

A week later, I went through the second interview from 10:30 am to 4:30 pm. the first one hour was with the same team who interviewed me a week ago. 30 minutes break. Starting from noon to 4:30pm, continuous interview with another team and a VP from HR as the last interviewer.
    I was very surprised that they didn't even provide me a lunch. Even no lunch time except the 30 minutes break. Last second interviewer was a manager. He didn't say exactly, but it seems he expects his employee to perform on-call duty too. He said the job is not typical 9 to 5 job. Everybody needs to carry a phone and need to respond. This second day interview experience was not pleasure.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2010.

The interview process was very drawn-out. First I had a phone interview, next I was invited to come and interview on site – I met with 4 people that day, after that I was invited for another in person interview – once again I met with 4 people. Then there was a week during which I’ve received no communication from the HR, however the following week I received an invitation for one more, in-person interview. I declined, since I’ve already received and accepted an offer from a different company during the previous week.

Except for the sheer number of times I had to go back, I had mostly pleasant experience interviewing. All, except one person, were very professional, polite, and seemed like a good group of people to work with. They all asked at least one “analytical” question, but not the ones like “how do you move the building” or “how many elephants are in the country” – their questions were tricky, but you could reason through them; they’ve also asked me about the projects I’ve worked with and some technology related questions.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2010.

There were 3 interviewers. All three of them were engineers in Goldman. The first one was behavioral. The next one was technical. I finally met the vice-president technology. He seemed to be impressed with my research work. He offered me to fly to New York. However, I was also called for interviews with a couple of different technology companies. Before I scheduled my Interviews at Goldman, I was offered a position in one of the big tech companies and I chose to join them. I declined further interviewing with Goldman.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever said lies ? If so what is the gravest lie you have said.   View Answer

I got a better offer in a technology company. I wanted to stay close to technology companies

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2009.

Preparation is key. Basic questions about strengths/weaknesses, lots of brain teasers.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in August 2013.

the interview process included a 50 min aptitude test with 40 in of quant + coding ability. the test was above average questions and solving it in 40 in was near impossible. still managing to clear i entered the gd round. gd was based on current afair topics. tip: sit in the middle of the group that certainly draws attention and content matters more than your vocab or to hijack the gd. the interview round had various code segments for betterment error analysis and data structure algorithms.. it was a one day process and pretty high level

Interview Questions
    • how would you connect a heap to a graph to a tree?? i ean what does that even mean?   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

5-6 rounds of interview, with at least one round from a global team(either NY/LN)

Interview Questions
    • How do you find what port a java process is bound to from another java program?   View Answer
    No negotiations, once offer is rolled out very difficult to negotiate

Analyst Programmer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Tell e about yourself, Risk management, problem solving, what do you know about GS