Goldman Sachs

www.goldmansachs.com

Goldman Sachs Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews in London, England

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in June 2013.

Interview Details – Had an interview with Brain teaser and probability questions

Asked the 100 sided die question and pirate sharing wealth question

Interview Question – 100 sided die question was difficult   View Answers (2)

London, England (UK)

I applied online and interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – A lot of brainteasers and typical quant interview questions. Friendly interviewer.

Interview Question – You have 10 mice and 1000 bottles of wine. You also have 24 hours before a party, and one of the bottles has been tainted with a slow acting poison, which takes 24 hours to kill a mouse. In the 24 hours you have remaining, how many bottles can you guarantee safe for human consumption (assume humans and mice react identically)? Assume the lethal dosage is insignificant relative to the size of the bottle.   View Answers (4)

London, England (UK)

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2008.

Interview Details – Had about 4 interviews, mostly technical asking about basic maths (eg derive basic combinatorial properties). Most people very calm and listened rather than talked. Asked about C programming. I'd heard they were most interested in fitting into the 'goldman sachs' way, where people put the company before themselves. My impression was that it was very demanding.

Interview Question – All questions roughly similar, just need to have excellent grasp of basic maths and tools.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Difficult Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2011.

Interview Details – Extremely challenging brainteasers and maths questions, two rounds of phone interview of 1 hr each. Friendly interviewer.

Interview Question – Find the optimal strategy to solve a specific card game.   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2011.

Interview Details – A first telephone interview with just quantitative and brainteaser questions, like solve some differential equations with some tricky change of variable. then a face to face interview, with a group of 5 members of the team, more brainteaser and technical questions like stochastic calculus and programming.

Interview Question – a, b, c are integers. Such that a^2 + 2bc = 1; b^2 + 2ac=2012, find all the possibles values of c^2 + 2ab.   View Answers (4)

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!