Goldman Sachs

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Quantitative Strategist Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2011.

Interview Details – Full day of interviews ( 9am - 8pm), total of about nine 1:1 interviews. People were in general relaxed and professional. Mostly quantitative finance questions, brainteasers, logic, math, some stochastic calculus, some algorithmic stuff/coding. Little to no fit questions, except for the last interview with the managing director of the group.

Interview Question – Three-dimensional Brownian motion   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotation, offer taken as given.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Quantitative Strategist Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2010.

Interview Details – All the interviewers were very professional and friendly. There were two phone interviews after which I got called to onsite consisting of many one on one interviews. Typically each interview consisted of me going over my resume, puzzles and finally questions for the interviewer. The puzzles were varied, on programming, statistics and math, and were quite challenging. The interviewers were all very smart, open to alternate lines of thought, and very polite. I was asked to come for a second round where I met senior management, who asked more personality based questions.

Interview Question – Insert a new data point at the head of a singly linked circular list in constant time. Given a pointer to the current head of the circular list.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I was exploring opportunities in finance, but decided to do more academic research.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Goldman Sachs

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!

Goldman Sachs Videos

Goldman Sachs – Why Work for Us?

We bring together people, capital and ideas to produce solutions and results for our clients by playing a number of roles: financial advisor, lender, investor and asset manager. A commitment to integrity, team work and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Goldman Sachs Quantitative Strategist interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Goldman Sachs employees and interview candidates.