Goldman Sachs Quantitative Strategist Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Quantitative Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2011.

Full day of interviews ( 9am - 8pm), total of about nine 1:1 interviews. People were in general relaxed and professional. Mostly quantitative finance questions, brainteasers, logic, math, some stochastic calculus, some algorithmic stuff/coding. Little to no fit questions, except for the last interview with the managing director of the group.

Interview Questions
No negotation, offer taken as given.

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Quantitative Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2010.

All the interviewers were very professional and friendly. There were two phone interviews after which I got called to onsite consisting of many one on one interviews. Typically each interview consisted of me going over my resume, puzzles and finally questions for the interviewer. The puzzles were varied, on programming, statistics and math, and were quite challenging. The interviewers were all very smart, open to alternate lines of thought, and very polite. I was asked to come for a second round where I met senior management, who asked more personality based questions.

Interview Questions
    • Insert a new data point at the head of a singly linked circular list in constant time. Given a pointer to the current head of the circular list.   View Answer

I was exploring opportunities in finance, but decided to do more academic research.

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!