Goldman Sachs Risk Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

3.7

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

It was a first round panel interview. 6 rounds, each lasting 30 minutes. Questions varied by the type: from technical to behavioral. They also asked to provide some examples to prove the following qualities: leadership, teamwork, resolution of conflicts.

Interview Questions
  • 1. What are your weaknesses?
    2. Question about two jars of water with volumes of 3 and 5 gallons each
    3. Question about Value At Risk: you have Asset 1 with Var 1 million and Asset with Var 2 million - what would be Var of a portfolio of Assets 1 and 2?
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Applied on-campus. Conducted 2-1 interviews 1 week later on campus. Was called back to their 200 West office a week later. A lot of interviews. Questions ranging from behavioral, market knowledge, brainteasers, math...

Interview Questions
    • Derive the formulas for solving regression coefficients in a simple linear regression model.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2011.

they asked me to go through the resume by myself, then they threw several questions to me according to what I have said.

Risk Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in August 2012.

1. Shortlist from CV.
    2. Interview in 3 rounds:
        a) Some general questions about Goldman Sachs, analysis of CV
        b) More analysis of CV, puzzles, Birthday Problem
        c) Technical questions
    3. Interview at Bangalore Office: video conference interview from other offices worldwide.

Interview Questions
    • Calculate the probability that you'll get this job at Goldman Sachs.   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

First Round- Behavioral
    Super Day - Around 5 interviews with a mix of behavioral and technical. Keep yourself updated on what's happening in the news. Recommend reading WSJ.

Examples of technical questions : Can you tell me what is happening in Greece right now and how you see it impacting the EU. Where do you see America going in the next 4 years

Interview Questions
    • Brainteaser- but not too hard.
      If you are standing outside Goldman Sachs and had to estimate the number of people working in the building, how would you do this?
        View Answer

Risk Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2011.

I received this interview at a national conference. The process involved going to several information sessions and seminars and speaking with both recruiters and current employees. The first half of the interview was pretty standard, they asked about my education and my experience, why I was interested in the company, and why I thought I was a good fit for the position. For the second half of the interview, however, they turned my resume over and wrote out a risk problem and ask me to solve it. It was not extraordinarily challenging, but I do advise you to brush up on relevant material before going into an interview with this company.

Interview Questions
    • Imagine that I am taking out credit insurance that pays $10,000 each year that my debtor defaults on a payment. If the probability for default is 0.10 each year, how much should iI pay up front for two years of credit insurance?   View Answers (2)

Risk Analyst Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2010.

I did not have a good experience with the in person interview. I show up at GS and they keep me waiting at the door for half an hour and then they tell me my interview is rescheduled! I go back to the hotel and after one hour they call me and ask how come I'm not there! I really expected much more from GS.

On the other hand, the people seemed very smart and asked very interesting and challenging questions.

Interview Questions
    • There was a computational geometry question that I didn't even understand since it seemed to have nothing to do with my background or the position.   Answer Question

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!