Goldman Sachs Sales and Trading Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2015

3.6

Sales and Trading Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Had a 30 minute interview. Asked about what I do in school and also asked a few brainteasers. Was very aggressive, faced two interviewers, and one was one his phone the entire time. They will push you to explain things in different ways and also to adapt to surprise questions. Wanted to know why I cared about finance.

Interview Questions

• How would you find the heaviest ball out of 7 balls with the least number of weighings?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Sales and Trading Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2014.

Interview

I was initially interviewed through campus recruiting. After that I was selected for and interview in-house at the 200 West Street location in New York City. After completion of that interview I was given a "super day". The super day begins at 7 am and can go as late at 9 pm, depending on how far you advance. You will have one guaranteed interview and if you performed well you would advance to an interview later in the afternoon. The afternoon consists of three rounds of interviews. Finally, after those interviews you have a final interview with a managing director or partner. After, they will let you now within the next three days if you received an offer.

Interview Questions

I chose to intern with another company

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Question #1: What is your favorite Wall Street Journal article? Question #2: How do you feel about our current economic situation Question #3: 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

interviewer forgot the interview the first time. General behavior questions

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2009.

Interview

The interview process consisted of three 30 minute interviews. Two of them was 1:1 and one interview was 2:1. The people were tough on me and asked both personal and market related questions (technical). One of the interviewers told me what I should do next time I apply.