Goldman Sachs Interview Questions in Salt Lake City, UT

3.1

179 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2014.

4 interviews - what is risk management to you?....... behavior questions .... any excel project ... analytic project? deadline driven experience? dealing wit cash? how would you go bout someone who steals at work place or does something wrong or illegal? what is your weakness and strengths?

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2014.

Went through 3 phone interviews with different people from the team. The first questions were behavioral and also looking for a genuine interest in the job and in that area of Goldman Sachs. The third interview was more technical.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in June 2014.

I was hired for their CRMA division. It took a month for them to get back after I submitted my application. The entire interview process took 2 months, mostly due to the availability of interviewers. I waited for exactly 2 weeks to hear back after the final interview.
    The overall interview process was very positive. Needless to say that everyone was very professional. There were 8 half-hour back-to-back interviews, all conducted over the phone. There were some typical behavioral questions including tell me about yourself, tell me a time when you had a heavy workload, tell me about a project at your latest internship... etc. You need to know your resume very well. I don't have a very strong finance background, so they didn't ask very advanced finance questions, though there were still some basic technical questions such as what is credit risk, how would you analyze a company's credit risk, what role does debt plays in credit risk analysis, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were expected. The most unexpected question was what do you think is the most important thing to GS at this point?   View Answer
    No negotiation. The salary is fair.

Vice President - Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied in-person - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

14 - 30 min. interviews that were over the phone and in person with multiple business units. Some jobs were taken off the table after an interview or two and then they were hiring for the position again

no negotiations, they would not talk

GSAM - Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2014.

Fairly rigorous process that involved meetings, a one on one interview, followed by a super-day set of 3-4 interviews conducted over the course of a few hours. Some of the super-day interviews were on-on-one, while others had 2-3 people on a panel-style interview. The process finished with a tele-conference interview with executives in New York

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2014.

Had my resume on file and called me in for an interview. Had two 30 minute interviews where typical behavioral questions were asked as well as some questions specifically about finance. I sent in follow up thank yous to each interviewer. It has been 4 months since the interview and Goldman has not given me any response. It would be nice if they would at least say they decided not to hire.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2013.

Get first telephone interview after submitting the resume online.
    They have mutiple choices on departments but this the only one come back.
    We scheduled an appointment and then the guy called in on time and straight into the topic.
    There are all about five questions,basically behavioral questions but i screwed up..

Financial Analyst - Goldman Sachs Asset Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in April 2012.

Interviewed about 10 times, all over the phone. Asked a lot of questions about abilities with Microsoft office suite, projects that I had worked on in College that would relate to work experience, and situational questions. Make sure you have at least 3 or 4 stories to tell when they ask questions like..."Tell me about a time when..."

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe the roll you take on in a team setting? Tell about a time when you showed this personality type. Was it a good experience for all parties involved? What did you learn about your leadership roll through that experience. What would you have changed about the experience? Do you think it was a good experience for the other parties involved? Why or why not?   Answer Question

Tax Operations Team Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2013.

This was one of the most depressing interviews I have ever had.

It consisted of three interviews with two people in each all back to back. Each of the interviewers seemed worn out and miserable. Each of them acted as if they did not want to be there. Immediately after a few minutes of talking to the first interviewer I knew that this was not the place or job for me.

The questions seemed extremely specific for the experience desired in the position (at lease 2 years).

The interview experience overall felt very negative from my end and I am happy to say I did not receive an offer. I cannot say as to whether this was me or them, but I can say that if the people that interviewed me are the same people that I would have to work with day to day, this is a job to steer clear of.

Interview Questions
    • "If I were writing a script to do something over and over again, what would I call that?"   View Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2013.

Applied online - Emailed to confirm on-site interview - Two 30 mins behavior interviews - Wait for a month - Offer

Interview Questions
    Goldman never negotiate salary.

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!