Goldman Sachs

Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in June 2014.

Interview Details – I was hired for their CRMA division. It took a month for them to get back after I submitted my application. The entire interview process took 2 months, mostly due to the availability of interviewers. I waited for exactly 2 weeks to hear back after the final interview.
The overall interview process was very positive. Needless to say that everyone was very professional. There were 8 half-hour back-to-back interviews, all conducted over the phone. There were some typical behavioral questions including tell me about yourself, tell me a time when you had a heavy workload, tell me about a project at your latest internship... etc. You need to know your resume very well. I don't have a very strong finance background, so they didn't ask very advanced finance questions, though there were still some basic technical questions such as what is credit risk, how would you analyze a company's credit risk, what role does debt plays in credit risk analysis, etc.

Interview Question – Most questions were expected. The most unexpected question was what do you think is the most important thing to GS at this point?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The salary is fair.

GSAM - Intern Interview

GSAM - Intern
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2014.

Interview Details – Fairly rigorous process that involved meetings, a one on one interview, followed by a super-day set of 3-4 interviews conducted over the course of a few hours. Some of the super-day interviews were on-on-one, while others had 2-3 people on a panel-style interview. The process finished with a tele-conference interview with executives in New York

Interview Questions

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2014.

Interview Details – Had my resume on file and called me in for an interview. Had two 30 minute interviews where typical behavioral questions were asked as well as some questions specifically about finance. I sent in follow up thank yous to each interviewer. It has been 4 months since the interview and Goldman has not given me any response. It would be nice if they would at least say they decided not to hire.

Interview Question – Do you know what a hedge fund is?   Answer Question

Vice President - Operations Interview

Vice President - Operations
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied in-person and interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – 14 - 30 min. interviews that were over the phone and in person with multiple business units. Some jobs were taken off the table after an interview or two and then they were hiring for the position again

Negotiation Details – no negotiations, they would not talk

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2013.

Interview Details – Get first telephone interview after submitting the resume online.
They have mutiple choices on departments but this the only one come back.
We scheduled an appointment and then the guy called in on time and straight into the topic.
There are all about five questions,basically behavioral questions but i screwed up..

Interview Question – All those are basic behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst - Goldman Sachs Asset Management Interview

Financial Analyst - Goldman Sachs Asset Management
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in April 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed about 10 times, all over the phone. Asked a lot of questions about abilities with Microsoft office suite, projects that I had worked on in College that would relate to work experience, and situational questions. Make sure you have at least 3 or 4 stories to tell when they ask questions like..."Tell me about a time when..."

Interview Question – How would you describe the roll you take on in a team setting? Tell about a time when you showed this personality type. Was it a good experience for all parties involved? What did you learn about your leadership roll through that experience. What would you have changed about the experience? Do you think it was a good experience for the other parties involved? Why or why not?   Answer Question

Tax Operations Team Analyst Interview

Tax Operations Team Analyst
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2013.

Interview Details – This was one of the most depressing interviews I have ever had.

It consisted of three interviews with two people in each all back to back. Each of the interviewers seemed worn out and miserable. Each of them acted as if they did not want to be there. Immediately after a few minutes of talking to the first interviewer I knew that this was not the place or job for me.

The questions seemed extremely specific for the experience desired in the position (at lease 2 years).

The interview experience overall felt very negative from my end and I am happy to say I did not receive an offer. I cannot say as to whether this was me or them, but I can say that if the people that interviewed me are the same people that I would have to work with day to day, this is a job to steer clear of.

Interview Question – "If I were writing a script to do something over and over again, what would I call that?"   View Answer

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Operations Summer Analyst
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2014.

Interview Details – In the Summer I participated in a GS webinar to learn more about their industry and then submitted my resume after that webinar was completed. A selected number of candidates who were declined previous invitations to be interviewed were given an informational interview and then told to wait until summer internship recruiting begins. I also applied through my school, so I am not sure which one helped me more.

The interview was in their Salt Lake City location and consisted of behavioral questions. Two back to back 30 minute interviews with either one or two people. Every body was very nice and wanted to get to know you better.

Interview Question – Why shouldn't we hire you?   View Answer

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Operations Summer Analyst
Salt Lake City, UT

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2014.

Interview Details – Two back to back 30 minute interview. If you come early, you wait in their beautiful lounge area where you can overlook the entire Salt Lake City. You can also get coffee, water, or tea if your thirsty. The employers come to get you and you are put into another room. During the interview, which could be one or two people, they ask mainly behavioral questions. They were all very nice, very smart and just wanted to get to know you better.

Interview Question – Why shouldn't we hire you?   View Answer

Comptroller Interview

Comptroller
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through school recommendations, emailed me about a phone interview. Had a phone interview, was invited to SLC. Mostly behavior questions. Two separate interviews each with two men. They definitely play the good cop bad cop at super day. One seemed annoyed and did not pay any attention and seemed distracted the whole time, while the other was involved and said things after each question "wow that sounds really interesting, sounds like you made a good decision in that scenario". Overall the interview was really weird, and I left not wanting the job. Applied to other jobs and accepted an offer before they got back to me. Applied in Sept, went to SLC to interview in Oct, and just recently heard back, middle of March. They also did not pay me back for expenses until FEB! Whole situation weird, and I found the really delayed check, and reply very unprofessional. SLC was great though. I also heard they offer below 50, so keep in mind before getting your heart set on Goldman.

Interview Question – behavioral   Answer Question

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!