Goldman Sachs Senior Analyst Interview Questions

3.1

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2009.

Grueling!

Interview Questions
  • What do you do when confronted with no resources and no bandwidth to deliver on time?   View Answer
GS does not negotiate on salary unless you are coming into a very senior role.

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I worked for GS for over 10yrs. Came in as an admin and even way back then I came in for 4 interviews. I meant with most of the sales/trading desk and a few analysts.

n/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2009.

Technical interviews are conducted over the phone and then around 8 to 10 people speak to you, each of them technical. The mor rounds you click the higher people you meet

Interview Questions
    • Puzzles can be asked.for technology jobs threading and databases will be asked   Answer Question
    HR is very rigid on the pay and title

1 round of telephonic, 3 face to face, 3 more telphonic rounds , 1 HR round

Interview Questions
    • All java related questions, little DS based questions, some questions on architecture, OOPS and design, manager round with questions like why GS, how would you give your best, _ve points and -ve points   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in June 2013.

It took 1 week to process my resume. Finally i got shortlisted for In Person interview. I selected last slot of the scheduled date. 1st Round was written in Java & analytical. Mostly java questions were SCJP book related . And analytical qs were speed , calculation and simple/compound interest related. 2nd round was technical round. Interviewer did not ask any questions related to my past projects. And i was asked to write code for merge sort and compilable class. Overall process was smooth . As per interviewer , it was already late for them. So i was asked to leave without any feedback. Now , I have to wait till next monday .

Interview Questions
    • ATG Repository implements which design pattern. I have ATG background , hence the question.   View Answer
    • Write Merge Sort algorithm   View Answer
    • Implement a class which can't be extended within same package without using keyword final   View Answer
    • Some puzzles related to find heavy coin with minimal number of comparisons with other identical coins using a weight machine.   Answer Question
    • Find out exact 4 L water in one or two attempts using 3L,5L buckets and unlimited water. You are allowed to empty bucket or exchange water between two buckets.   View Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in August 2011.

First, there was telephonic round and if cleared had an one to one round with a a panel where they had questions regarding, personality, behavioural, product knowledge, people management..

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  City of London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2011.

Very different interview experience. It is very important to make a first impression there. In my view my decision was alomost taken after first two rounds. Remaining rounds were for checking fit to team. A lot of questions were around attitude , past experience and future ambitions.

Interview Questions
    • What are your goals? What have you done so far to achieve your goal ( real life example) ? What do you plan to do in future to achieve the same goal ?   View Answer
    • What is a swap ? What are common types of swaps ?   Answer Question
    I didnt really negotiate anything. My current salary is too less to give me any room for interview. But the HR did ask me whether I will join if they offer without any hike from what I am getting. Later he promised they will beat any offer I can get in the street. No room for much negotiation but they offer you well.

Senior Analyst Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2010.

First round interview was with 2 AVPs from the Division and team I was interviewing for. Then with 2 VPs separately. AVP questions were mostly behavioral such as why gs? what did you do in your previous company? what was your role in your previous job? tell me a time when you handle difficult situation. etc. And one technical question (know your products). VP questions were mostly technical (surrounding bond valuation).

Second round interview was with another 3 AVPs from the same Division but different teams. The interview was very technical - all based on the products you handled in your previous job. Some behavioral questions such as why this position and why this division. One brainteaser. I got it on my 5th try so I was lucky.

Third round interview was with 3 big dogs separately. Why taking this major? why this location? why this position? What do you think your previous employer think of you? Harder technical questions. Market questions. News.

It's been 3 days, still waiting for their answer (offer/not).

Interview Questions
    • technical questions on the products you covered on your last interview   View Answer

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!