Goldman Sachs

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details – Went in for the first-round interview and ended up tanking. I forgot a lot of the stuff from my class. Interviewers were not pleased and cut the interview short at 30 minutes. First-round interview was mainly personality based and not technical. From what I've heard, the second round interviews are more technical.

Interview Question – Please describe yourself.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Software Engineering Intern

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details – Got the interview through school career fair. On campus interview was pretty straight forward and some basic questions. Heard back in 2 weeks for the next round. They flew me out to New York for a night, set me up with interviews for 3 teams. Day-long process, but it was not very exhausting.

Interview Question – Implement optimized matrix multiplication.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got a better offer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
New York, NY

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2007.

Interview Details – One on-campus interview and then a full day of onsite interviews. I was asked programming and computer science questions, basic behavioral questions, and a couple of brainteasers. I had to write some basic code to answer a few questions. Each interview last about 30 minutes. For the onsite interviews, I had three with each of the two groups that were considering hiring me.

Interview Questions

• How do you reverse a linked list? Write the code.   View Answer
  • Suppose you had eight identical balls. One of them is slightly heavier and you are given a balance scale . What's the fewest number of times you have to use the scale to find the heavier ball?   View Answers (32)

Software Engineer(Intern) Interview

Software Engineer(Intern)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in April 2010.

Interview Details – I went to a career fair at my school campus, and spoke with the representatives. I thought the talk that I had with the representatives wasn't all that interesting, but nevertheless they gave me an interview that same night. They scheduled an interview for the next day, probably because they flew from out of town to hire in the area.

Interview Question – What is a hash? What's the difference between a hashtable and a hashmap?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Goldman Sachs

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!

Goldman Sachs Videos

Goldman Sachs – Why Work for Us?

We bring together people, capital and ideas to produce solutions and results for our clients by playing a number of roles: financial advisor, lender, investor and asset manager. A commitment to integrity, team work and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Goldman Sachs Software Engineer Intern interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Goldman Sachs employees and interview candidates.