Goldman Sachs

Goldman Sachs Spring Intern Interview Questions

3.5

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2014.

I had to complete an online application and afterwards had one telephone interview (30 min). They were asking some technical questions but nothing really difficult. You should always make sure that you know your CV well and can give details about your work experience. Also be aware of the fact that they may ask you questions about every single university course you have mentioned in your CV (e.g. Accounting, Finance,...). I had the impression that the personal questions (motivation, teamwork experience, leadership experience) had a big impact on the interview's result. Make sure that you be yourself. They're not looking for experts for the spring internship. Just show your willingness to learn and meet new people.

Interview Questions
  • Did you ever have a problem when working in a team? How did you solve the problem?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

apply online (October) + 1 round of interview (Jan/Feb). There will only be one round of interview for the spring programme.
    At the interview, the senior member/interviewer will go through your past work experience on CV, ask questions which will allow you to talk about your skills set (only competency)
    Result will be given via phone call the next week

Interview Questions
    • What skills do you think are the most valuable to succeed at GS?   Answer Question

Spring Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Why banking? Why Goldman Sachs? Strengths? Weaknesses? Equity index in the US? name of US bonds? Currency of US? Main commodity in the world? (Oil or Gold) Draw a supply and demand diagram, if iran invades america how does it affect the supply and demand of these 4 asset classes

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2012.

Had one interview on site, mostly competency questions. A few technical questions but nothing too difficult

Spring Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2010.

I interviewed on campus for the spring internship program in New York. It was a very good experience, got interviewed by one person from HR who basically asked me about why I was interviewing for the position, what did I know about the position, my experiences and the skills I gained from them, and why I chose my school. It was pretty straightforward, not very quantitative because it was a sophomore program. Ended up with the offer to join the program.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about one thing going on in the markets right now and explain why it interests you.   View Answer