Goldman Sachs

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

3.6

Strats Interview

Final round was very difficult, they put you in a room with everyone else and called you out into little rooms for 30-min interviews. If you make it past the first round of 2 or 3 interviews, there are 3 more in the afternoon. Each interview is 2 interviewer.

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Strats Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

on campus interview with a strats person about 45mins. Detailed question about everything about resume. Be prepared for every on your resume and for math and brainteaser questions. Also some programming questions, algorithms and programming languages......

After this, it is in-site interview. With a lot of people... All technical questions no behavior

Interview Questions
    • detailed question about everything about resume. Be prepared for every on your resume and for math and brainteaser questions. Also some programming questions, algorithms and programming languages......   Answer Question

Strats Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

MD from Strats Division
    1.Describe the one of the quantitative project you think deserve to be mentioned most
    2.the distribution of the minimum of two independent exponential-distributed random variable
    3.the difference between t and normal distribution
    4.the usage of F distribution
    5.the usage of kai-square distribution
    6.what is the law of the large number
    7.put call parity
    8.how to detect a loop in a list without recording the nodes you have been visited

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through school's career service, and had the first round on-campus interview. There were many students from engineering, especially computer science, and financial engineering/financial mathematics, and statistics. They ask questions upon your resume. The questions will vary with your background. Knowing the concepts is the most important but it will not be more than that appears on your midterm exams.

Interview Questions
    • As a statistics question, they asked to solve specific statistics problem as well as to describe probability density function of normal and uniform distribution.   Answer Question
    • They asked to implement a program that finds a sub array with the highest sum among an array of integers.   View Answer

Strats Interview

first round: Quite comfortable from algorithm to mathmatics. With searching to coin tosses. Be prepared with Quant interview book. Questions alike. Applied through career services and On campus recruitment.a a a a a a a a a a .

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2014.

Firstly, it is a campus interview. After 1 to 2 days hear from them a superday invitation, which in the morning another 2 30 minutes technical interviews, a lunch and optional final round.

Interview Questions
    • A rope with total length 1 breaks into 3 parts. The probability of forming a triangle.   View Answer

Strats Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

There are two interviews, the on-campus interview and superday. The on- campus interview is very easy, half technical and half behaviour. I interviewed with two team on superday. The questions are all technical. For example, Ito's lemma, coin flip...I think I performed well but I didn't get the offer. I think the main reason is I'm a little nervous and answered too fast when asked the questions that I have seen on the interview book.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult one is about programming.   View Answer

Strat Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2010.

I was hired out of a quant PhD program for a strat role. Interviews almost universally started with "tell me about your PhD," followed by "tell me why you want to be in finance." After that it was pure quant questions; lots of brainteasers, math questions, probability, options pricing and finance theory, etc. As someone who's now been on the other side of the interview process there I can say that the quant questions are all that really matter.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest part is having the stamina to endure brainteasers from 9 AM to 5 PM!   Answer Question