Goldman Sachs

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I got three phone interviews before a super day. The three phone calls were from people in different teams.
After passing the first round interviews, I received the super day invitation. The super day included three conversations with three people.

Interview Questions
  • What's your biggest failure?
    What's your passion?
    What influence do you think the QE in Europe will have?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Meet with a number of people at offices. It was quite relaxed in that I waited in a room and they just came talked to me for about 30 minutes and then another person came in. They made me feel comfortable which was helpful for the ability to perform in the interview.

Interview Questions
    Very reasonable about allowing time to decide and they were happy to answer any number of questions that I had.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Applied through on-campus, 2-on-1 interviewed for CRMA on-campus with an associate and VP, then SuperDay after a month in New York with 3 - 30 mins rounds of 2-on-1 interview. Very professional but still conversational. Questions mainly revolved around my resume and past experiences, why risk?, why Goldman Sachs?, would I want to switch to a revenue generating division if given a choice?

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral and fit questions -- How does GS generate revenue? How would you evaluate the risk of extending credit to a startup firm? How would that analysis change for the same startup after 3 years in existence?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2015.

First round, one 2-1 skype interview. Mostly behavioral. Called back for super day at NY offices. A bit disorganized in the morning where no one greeted us for the interviews until 20 minutes after our scheduled arrival time (8 candidates were brought in). Had five 1-1 interviews spread across 4 hours (more people being interviewed than interviewers). After interviews we waited a while because one person was scheduled after everyone else finished their interviews. Called names of us four who advanced and brought us to another room. Afternoon consisted of conversations with senior management. Was weird because they made it sound like having additional questions in the afternoon was bad. Good interview experience, nice people but process could be more organized.

Accepted another offer

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2015.

A phone interview first, then the super day interview i guess. Just completed the phone interview today and got into the next step. waiting for details of the next screening process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2015.

Standard interview questions with behavioral-based interviewing questions. Overall an experience that was enjoyable and an interview that was not at all tedious, but interesting. The interviewer was very kind and asked questions that were guided and helped me a lot through the process. Expected time of interview was one hour but this took no longer than half an hour. I left feeling very confident and successful.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

First round interview with a school alum in NYC office. Only consisted of fit questions that you expect: ex. Why Goldman, why our division, and be prepared to discuss anything listed on your resume as well as provide examples of leadership experience/teamwork. Also asked to pitch a stock and defend it with relevant information. Additionally, read the news and know how it will affect the markets in the near future.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Was pretty straight forward. Mostly behavioral questions, but a few specific to the market. Was asked to describe the current market, explain some stocks that interest me, and to pitch a stock.

Summer Analyst Interview

All of the questions are behavior related. They had a question list and just chose some from it. Such as:
    1. Introduce yourself
    2. Why you choose us?
    3. Your teamwork experience
    4. Your leadership experience
    5. specific detail of your resume
    6. If you have any questions,etc.

Nothing unexpected.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I got this interview opportunity through the on campus recruitment process of my university. It was a face to face interview by a current employer. No behavior question. The interview started with one cs question and one finance concept question, both are easy, and then there is a brain-teaser question.

Interview Questions
    • Flip a coin until either HHT or HTT appears. Is one more likely to appear first? Can you draw a graph to show it?   Answer Question