Goldman Sachs Summer Analyst Interview Questions

3.2

207 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2014.

4 interviews - what is risk management to you?....... behavior questions .... any excel project ... analytic project? deadline driven experience? dealing wit cash? how would you go bout someone who steals at work place or does something wrong or illegal? what is your weakness and strengths?

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2013.

There was a Phone interview, as well as back-to-back in-person interviews with two employees in each interview. With the in-person interviews, the groups interviewing were increasingly senior with each interview, as well as increasingly hard to impress. Expect each interview to get harder and harder, although this is a good way of working your way up to the final interview and getting warmed up rather than doing it right away. Amazing company to work for, and even more amazing people to work with!

Interview Questions
    • What is your opinion on the Fed continuing QE3 this last September meeting?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I easily had 7+ interviews. My original interview was on-campus at the university I attend. A lot of it was pretty unorganized. When I received callback interviews, I was informed of the interview less than a week in advance (which was difficult since most of my interviews were in NYC and I was 4+ hours away from NYC and still had class). All of my expenses were paid, however. Which was pretty cool.

Interview Questions

I had decent qualifications to be employed in the tech industry. The tech industry pays better, has way better fringe benefits (i.e. flexible hours, way less hours, no pressure to work on the weekends) and it seemed to be easy to make the transition from tech to finance if I later decided I wanted that.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2014.

Applied through OCR and also had an employee who referred me to HCM. About a month later, I was notified that I was selected for a first round phone interview. Overall, the interview was very conversational and the interviewer (a VP) was engaging and seemed genuinely interested in getting to know me as a person. Didn't make it to superday.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Had an on campus interview with 2 interviewers. Contacted me two days later saying I was moving on to the next round of interviews, but once I was contacted again 3+ weeks later they said they had already hired their summer analysts (finance) for the year.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2014.

Process took 4 months. Had a dinner night before the interview with interviewers. After that, two on campus interviews back to back of 2 on 1. Unfortunately I don't think one of the senior interviewers liked my answer to one of the questions, I'll include the question below. Be very thorough as it appears one wrong question could get you kicked.
    Overall, good experience but had to wait until 2 months after interview to find out I hadn't been selected. Definitely interview with some other places in that time as well.

Interview Questions
    • If a trader comes to you with a trade that he wants you to do immediately, but you need to go through the appropriate means to make sure its good for the company, what do you do?   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Initial- 2 first round interviews on campus. Superday- First Round- 2on1...Final Round- 3 2on1's

Interview Questions
    • How would you value a start-up company with no revenues yet.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2013.

Process took 2 weeks. Interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2013. Nine interviews. They got back with me in a week. Was very impressed with the structure of the super day and the general kindness of everyone there. I left with great respect for the firm.

Interview Questions
    • Basic technical questions. What is polymorphism? How would you design a program that does ______? Draw the layout of the design of a past project.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Was on campus interview. Not too tough. Mostly fit but a few "check the box" technicals to make sure I at least knew my stuff a little.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Operations Analyst position. Questions were all behavioral and it really depends on your interviewer. Two back to back interviews on campus. I am an engineer so I was actually asked to debate about the shale boom with one of my interviewers.

Interview Questions

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!