Goldman Sachs Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

I got three phone interviews before a super day. The three phone calls were from people in different teams.
After passing the first round interviews, I received the super day invitation. The super day included three conversations with three people.

Interview Questions

• What's your biggest failure?
    What's your passion?
    What influence do you think the QE in Europe will have?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Overall friendly experience. First round was mostly behavioral questions and going over resume. Superday was also largely the same with some more creative questions here and there, but nothing out of the ordinary. Interviews depend largely on division.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

on campus face to face interview, some questions about resume including detailed questions about the past experience and some technical questions such as brain teaser. The interviewer is very nice and friendly. But I did not pass the first round on campus interview and cannot go to the superday.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Meet with a number of people at offices. It was quite relaxed in that I waited in a room and they just came talked to me for about 30 minutes and then another person came in. They made me feel comfortable which was helpful for the ability to perform in the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very reasonable about allowing time to decide and they were happy to answer any number of questions that I had.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied through on-campus, 2-on-1 interviewed for CRMA on-campus with an associate and VP, then SuperDay after a month in New York with 3 - 30 mins rounds of 2-on-1 interview. Very professional but still conversational. Questions mainly revolved around my resume and past experiences, why risk?, why Goldman Sachs?, would I want to switch to a revenue generating division if given a choice?

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral and fit questions -- How does GS generate revenue? How would you evaluate the risk of extending credit to a startup firm? How would that analysis change for the same startup after 3 years in existence?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Irving, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Met them at a career fair. Emailed me weeks later about interview. The interviewers were very nice. There was two interviews and they were average difficulty. They paid for everything, flight, hotel, taxi, food. They are very proffesional, business professional attire required. Both behavioral and technical interviews.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

First round interview with a school alum in NYC office. Only consisted of fit questions that you expect: ex. Why Goldman, why our division, and be prepared to discuss anything listed on your resume as well as provide examples of leadership experience/teamwork. Also asked to pitch a stock and defend it with relevant information. Additionally, read the news and know how it will affect the markets in the near future.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

First round, one 2-1 skype interview. Mostly behavioral. Called back for super day at NY offices. A bit disorganized in the morning where no one greeted us for the interviews until 20 minutes after our scheduled arrival time (8 candidates were brought in). Had five 1-1 interviews spread across 4 hours (more people being interviewed than interviewers). After interviews we waited a while because one person was scheduled after everyone else finished their interviews. Called names of us four who advanced and brought us to another room. Afternoon consisted of conversations with senior management. Was weird because they made it sound like having additional questions in the afternoon was bad. Good interview experience, nice people but process could be more organized.

Accepted another offer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2015.

Interview

A phone interview first, then the super day interview i guess. Just completed the phone interview today and got into the next step. waiting for details of the next screening process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Standard interview questions with behavioral-based interviewing questions. Overall an experience that was enjoyable and an interview that was not at all tedious, but interesting. The interviewer was very kind and asked questions that were guided and helped me a lot through the process. Expected time of interview was one hour but this took no longer than half an hour. I left feeling very confident and successful.