Goldman Sachs Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

First round, one 2-1 skype interview. Mostly behavioral. Called back for super day at NY offices. A bit disorganized in the morning where no one greeted us for the interviews until 20 minutes after our scheduled arrival time (8 candidates were brought in). Had five 1-1 interviews spread across 4 hours (more people being interviewed than interviewers). After interviews we waited a while because one person was scheduled after everyone else finished their interviews. Called names of us four who advanced and brought us to another room. Afternoon consisted of conversations with senior management. Was weird because they made it sound like having additional questions in the afternoon was bad. Good interview experience, nice people but process could be more organized.

Accepted another offer

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Standard interview questions with behavioral-based interviewing questions. Overall an experience that was enjoyable and an interview that was not at all tedious, but interesting. The interviewer was very kind and asked questions that were guided and helped me a lot through the process. Expected time of interview was one hour but this took no longer than half an hour. I left feeling very confident and successful.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2015.

Interview

A phone interview first, then the super day interview i guess. Just completed the phone interview today and got into the next step. waiting for details of the next screening process.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Was pretty straight forward. Mostly behavioral questions, but a few specific to the market. Was asked to describe the current market, explain some stocks that interest me, and to pitch a stock.

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

All of the questions are behavior related. They had a question list and just chose some from it. Such as: 1. Introduce yourself 2. Why you choose us? 3. Your teamwork experience 4. Your leadership experience 5. specific detail of your resume 6. If you have any questions,etc. Nothing unexpected.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I got this interview opportunity through the on campus recruitment process of my university. It was a face to face interview by a current employer. No behavior question. The interview started with one cs question and one finance concept question, both are easy, and then there is a brain-teaser question.

Interview Questions

• Flip a coin until either HHT or HTT appears. Is one more likely to appear first? Can you draw a graph to show it?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 guys over the phone. They were both managing directors. The interview was overall very laid back and they asked mostly fit questions. It was about 30 minutes and pretty standard. Some market-based questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Which industry are you interested in and how is that market doing now?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Get the first phone screen, week later three phone screens in one day morning from alumni, asking basic question, and one with lots tech questions. Questions relate to most of behavior questions, long-term goal, why investment banking, why GS, current deal and discuss it whether it is a good deal, etc.Very professional and efficient.

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

First round was a 30-minute interview with 2 people: one was a junior employee, the other was more senior. I received invitation for the second round in about a week. The Super Day consisted of 3-hour back to back 30- minute interviews with people in specific groups that were interested in hiring me.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions. Mostly behavioral and resume based questions.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I applied through a contact at my university. Took a few days before I was notified of an interview date. I had a phone interview which went well, but was not contacted for almost two months until I was invited to the Superday. The Superday was an all day thing consisting of multiple rounds of interviews with different teams within the organization.

Interview Questions

• Just some technical questions about valuation, etc. Asked about my view of where the market is headed.   Answer Question