Goldman Sachs Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2015
Updated Mar 2, 2015

3.1

Summer Analyst Interview

All of the questions are behavior related. They had a question list and just chose some from it. Such as:
1. Introduce yourself
2. Why you choose us?
3. Your teamwork experience
4. Your leadership experience
5. specific detail of your resume
6. If you have any questions,etc.

Nothing unexpected.

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I got this interview opportunity through the on campus recruitment process of my university. It was a face to face interview by a current employer. No behavior question. The interview started with one cs question and one finance concept question, both are easy, and then there is a brain-teaser question.

Interview Questions
    • Flip a coin until either HHT or HTT appears. Is one more likely to appear first? Can you draw a graph to show it?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I was interviewed by 2 guys over the phone. They were both managing directors. The interview was overall very laid back and they asked mostly fit questions. It was about 30 minutes and pretty standard. Some market-based questions as well.

Interview Questions
    • Which industry are you interested in and how is that market doing now?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Get the first phone screen, week later three phone screens in one day morning from alumni, asking basic question, and one with lots tech questions. Questions relate to most of behavior questions, long-term goal, why investment banking, why GS, current deal and discuss it whether it is a good deal, etc.Very professional and efficient.

Summer Analyst Interview

First round was a 30-minute interview with 2 people: one was a junior employee, the other was more senior. I received invitation for the second round in about a week. The Super Day consisted of 3-hour back to back 30- minute interviews with people in specific groups that were interested in hiring me.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions. Mostly behavioral and resume based questions.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I applied through a contact at my university. Took a few days before I was notified of an interview date. I had a phone interview which went well, but was not contacted for almost two months until I was invited to the Superday. The Superday was an all day thing consisting of multiple rounds of interviews with different teams within the organization.

Interview Questions
    • Just some technical questions about valuation, etc. Asked about my view of where the market is headed.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2015.

Networked and was offered an Interview for the Securities Division-Summer Analyst Position. Did an on-campus interview. Was interviewed by an analyst in equity and VP in fixed income. They were both very kind and the interview went well. It was mostly all fit related questions. I was offered a Superday.

Interview Questions
    • What is a market you follow? Tell us how it is doing?   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

phone calls followed by invitation to super day. superday consisted of 5 15 minute interviews in the morning with potential to be called back for more in the afternoon. called back for more and interviewed with a specific team

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through other source – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Had a phone interview, mainly over the resume. Then they flew me to SLC, UT for a "super day" where I had 3 interviews in one day. Most was behavioral, they just want to see if you are a fit in the company

Interview Questions
    • What makes you different from the others being interviewed today   View Answer
    N/A

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I applied for one of the Strats Summer Analyst seats.

The process started with a resume/application screen, presumably. I was notified quite soon after that I was to go through a phone screen/interview. Spoke with the interviewer about myself for about half an hour and was asked multiple programming, probability, and statistics based technical questions. Then we spoke on market conditions and the general direction of change in the Strats' roles at Goldman for another half an hour.

I attended a few recruitment seminars at my school. I don't think that they helped during the recruitment process except to prove to me that Goldman was at least worth doing a Summer Analyst position at.

Then I was scheduled for one of the Strats Superdays. There were a number of standard interviews, nothing surprising. Lots of technical questions similar to the previous ones. After the second round they cut more people and I was invited for the final round of interviews. These were less technical than the previous interviews and seemed more as though they were determining whether I'd be a good fit for the team.

Interview Questions
    • Almost word for word: "You start at a point on a circle with N points around it, and you move around the circle, skipping k points at a time. Tell me everything of interest about this setup"   View Answer
    • Given a basket of 5 independent stocks where the probability density function for the daily change in price of each stock is described by an N(0,1) distribution, determine the PDF of the entire basket.   View Answer
    No room to negotiate because it is a Summer Analyst opportunity.