Goldman Sachs

3.2

253 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2014.

Applied online and was invited to interview at the New Jersey office for their super day. I had 3 back to back interviews with one managing director and 2 VP's. The first interview was more conversational and the second and third were more traditional were I was asked typical interview questions. The third interviewer tested my knowledge of stock valuation. The second interviewer asked my what stock I am following and I had to defend it why it was a good pick. GS paid for all expenses. I was called 2 days later and was denied a position.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work here?
    Tell me how you valuate a stock.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2014.

Applied through university career services and got an on-campus interview. After around 1 or 2 weeks, I received an email inviting me to their Superday event, aka, on-site interviews. I was the very few (not sure if the only one) that had three in the morning (while others had two). All interviews in the morning had two interviewers. When you are done, you will be going to their Manhattan office for lunch and an office tour, during which they will review everyone's performance in the morning and decide who comes back for the final round in the afternoon. I was one of the luck ones that got invited again (while I know two in my group never came back). In the final round, most people had only one while I had two. Still, had no idea why... That's everything and you should be getting their responses in the next two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Two lines of ants move toward each other on a platform. For each single ant, it changes its direction when it hits another ant. What happens in the end and when does that happen?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Applied for the summer analyst internship program in investment management division. About 2 months later heard back from them to schedule for a phone interview. The interview was conducted as a conference call. About 30-40 minutes. Asked mostly fit questions and 3 or 4 of them were about general understanding about the stock market.

Interview Questions
    • Who is the chairman of federal reserve? Where is the SP500 at?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Sent resume to a campus recruiter, was selected for an on campus interview. The interview process consisted of two back to back 30 minute interviews. One was with two people and was mostly behavioral, the other was with one person and it was heavily technical. Since I am a finance student they expected a lot more knowledge of investment banking than any college student would know unless they had been studying investment banking concepts for months ahead of time. The interview was overall a good experience for me because now every other interview I have seems incredibly easy compared to this one! Also the interviewers were very nice and seemed to care about what I had to say, but I knew coming out of the interview I would definitely not be getting another one.

Interview Questions
    • How many grocery stores are in the United States?
      How do you value a company? Examples...
      Other technical questions

View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Kept asking questions about probability and statistical stuff. The guy will not stop letting you solve these math problems until you fail at some point. The lady is quite nice and amiable, asked about team work experience and what I feel about team work. They asked detail questions regarding to your resume after the 'quiz' time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

Diversity recruiting. Flew up for first round that was all behavioral. Invited back for superday 3 back to back interviews, mostly fit/behavioral as well. Overall was a nice process, hr was always friendly

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

I applied online in October. Two weeks later I got an email about an initial phone screening. The screening must have went well because a week later I had two emails in my inbox about two more interviews. I have both those interviews coming up, but I assume they will be more difficult than my previous interview.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

It was a superday in their New York office. All the questions were behavioral, capturing your personality and fit for the firm. That was probably because this was the Human Capital Management division. The interviewers were very courteous, I actually made it to the third round, but I got wait listed and eventually did not get an offer. It was nerve racking though to wait for hours to know if you had made it to the next round, and I wish they told those who did not make it in time, because they just sat there and waited indefinitely, only to be told to go home. They paid our way and covered lunch. It was a helpful experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to persuade people to accept your point of view?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2014.

Entered through the Diversity recruiting process which occurs before any on-campus interviews. They invited those who had attended their camps before, and from then began a set of super days. Both were at the GS head quarters, and were 3 thirty minute interviews that were either one on one, or two on one.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to price a bond in an emerging market, what would be the process by which you would do so, and what risks would you consider?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I easily had 7+ interviews. My original interview was on-campus at the university I attend. A lot of it was pretty unorganized. When I received callback interviews, I was informed of the interview less than a week in advance (which was difficult since most of my interviews were in NYC and I was 4+ hours away from NYC and still had class). All of my expenses were paid, however. Which was pretty cool.

Interview Questions

I had decent qualifications to be employed in the tech industry. The tech industry pays better, has way better fringe benefits (i.e. flexible hours, way less hours, no pressure to work on the weekends) and it seemed to be easy to make the transition from tech to finance if I later decided I wanted that.